3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Real price of mud flaps/cargo liner/wheel locks

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 12:55 PM
Real price of mud flaps/cargo liner/wheel locks

So i've found a dealer that's giving me a good price on an EX CVT and they're still waiting for the car to arrive so I'll be able to avoid the jacked up prices they charge you for accessories. Yesterday another dealer wanted $1900 on top of their Edmunds quote for those 3 things and would refuse to remove them 'because that's how we make our profit'
So I don't see wheel locks being a necessity at all, i might get mud flaps and cargo tray though.
Thoughts on where to source them from/prices?

Thanks!

Old 12-21-2014, 01:18 PM
I've always had good luck with H and A Accessories.

Shop Genuine Honda Accessories at wholesale prices. Accessories made by Honda for your Honda

Follow the link to the 2015 FIT and you can see what they have. I bought my Cargo Organizer from them. Works really well. They have the wheel locks, mud flaps, and Cargo liner listed:

Locks : $38
Cargo Liner: $134
Mud Flaps: $69

You can download the PDF instructions for each item to see if it's something you feel like doing yourself. The mud flaps are a little involved.

Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck and have fun!

Old 12-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Very very cool, thank you sir!

Old 12-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Try Bernardi

You could also try Bernardi Parts (site sponsor)

mud flaps - $56.99
Cargo liner - $131.04

Old 12-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Unless you are able to keep your FIT in a locked garage overnight, I would strongly suggest wheel locks. The EX wheels fit many Hondas and are in demand from your local Midnight Auto Parts suppliers. I keep my car in a locked garage overnight and I would still use wheel locks if I had an EX.
I have an LX with the ugly wheel covers and steel wheels. Not much market for them, especially with the Flintstone tires.
Welcome to the forums! Bill

Old 12-22-2014, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
I can vouch for H and A Accessories. Always good prices. I will check out Bernardi Part. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah wheel locks on the EX is a must!

Old 12-22-2014, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
I have ordered almost all my FIT accessories from both of these vendors, both ship fast and have great prices. I did get the cargo tray from the dealer when I bought my Fit, but I didn't know any better at the time

Old 12-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Bernardi is top notch and shipping is always 25% off with coupon code fitfreak

Old 12-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Thanks guys. Wow i'm surprised, i'm new to the US but so far i'm surprised how fedex packages sit outside my/neighbors doors for a long time. So i'm surprised to think folks would steal rims but i'll take your word for it.
So I have another dealer willing to do 19800 ODO with those 3 things. I reckon the no accessories dealer asking for 18300 would get me into the 19700 ODO range so i think i'll go with the dealer installed accessories (unless i get a very good deal on a Rogue SV that i'm chasing). Thanks!

Old 12-22-2014, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Alejandro Lanza
Yesterday another dealer wanted $1900 on top of their Edmunds quote for those 3 things and would refuse to remove them 'because that's how we make our profit'
In other words, they draw in buyers by agreeing to Edmunds' fixed price and then force them to buy overpriced accessories if they want the car.

That's something to tell Edmunds about. The dealer is abusing the referral service with a bait-and-add-on tactic. Whether or not Edmunds will do something about it is unknown, but at least they should know what is going on.

There is plenty of dealer profit built in without overpriced accessories. Even at "Invoice" the dealer gets several hundred dollars after the fact from the manufacturer. They aren't starving.

The feeding frenzy is over and pretty soon Fits will be lined up on the lots. That will be the time to buy.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:02 AM
Exactly. When i asked why they wanted nearly $2k for accessories listed at $270 on the official Honda site they even had the nerve to say 'we need to make a profit'. I won't go into details but the finance manager's 'manager' last words were 'yeah good night, whatever'. Very unprofessional, and I will let Edmunds know, but right now i'm focused on getting the financing straightened out

Old 12-23-2014, 09:56 AM
Do not get the dealer "installed' read placed accessories! Buy them from the retailers in this thread or from amazon/ ebay. You can and will find much better prices. When buying my Fit I had to go back and forth with the salesman who was telling me I could not find prices for cheaper on the "Protection Package" - the mud flaps, the cargo liner and wheel locks.

I told him to remove them all and he came back saying he would. After another trip to discuss prices with his higher ups the salesman told me removing the mud flaps would cause damage to the paint and it'd be better to leave them on. I could have them free of charge. It's ridiculous and I hope you are able to get you financing straightened out.