3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit LX headlights not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Fit LX headlights not working

Hey guys. Got my 2015 Fit about 2 months ago and put 2500 miles on it so far. Was driving home today and noticed when I had my headlights set to "auto" the brights would automatically come on, but not the regular headlights.

If i turned the headlights to just the "on" position, the headlights would be off. Has anyone come across this or know why this is happening? Would be strange for both of the bulbs to go out at the same time and at only over 2k miles. Wanted to get some feedback from here before taking it to the dealership.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Toephoo
Hey guys. Got my 2015 Fit about 2 months ago and put 2500 miles on it so far. Was driving home today and noticed when I had my headlights set to "auto" the brights would automatically come on, but not the regular headlights.

If i turned the headlights to just the "on" position, the headlights would be off. Has anyone come across this or know why this is happening? Would be strange for both of the bulbs to go out at the same time and at only over 2k miles. Wanted to get some feedback from here before taking it to the dealership.
Toephoo,

Thank you for purchasing a new 2015 Fit. Having the headlights in the "on" position would allow the brights to come on but I would recommend going to your local Honda dealership to have it looked at. I hope other Honda Fit owners will chime in and provide you with the feedback you are looking for. If you need further assistance with the dealership, please private message us with your full name, VIN, mileage and dealer so we can better assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Old 12-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Thanks Jonathan. Was posting here first because I wanted to see if anyone had a quick fix before bringing it in because I have to work right now and won't be able to take it to the dealership for a couple days.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Um.... try pulling the stalk back towards yourself?

For the GE, the headlight works as follows:

Twist stalk to first setting... ON (I) parking/corner/tail lights only (no headlights)
Twist to SECOND setting... ON (II) headlights come on.
PULL stalk backwards... flash oncoming drivers, but returns to "center" position when released.
PUSH stalk forward... set to HIGH beam, setting stays when released. Will need to pull back to "center" to return to LOW beam.

For the GK, I would only guess that another setting was added, the "Auto" but the rest should remain.