3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Should I get the LX or EX

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by FF234
I wanted to thank everyone for the opinions and let you know.
I got the 2015 Honda Fit LX CVT White just a few hours ago.

I dont see a attachment button so sorry i could not attach a pic.

FF234
Congratulations. That's exactly what I bought yesterday. I put 62 miles on it today; and never once did I miss any of the EX upgrades.

I haven't yet figured out how to post pictures, either.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fizz
Would love to get an update on how the Fit does on an AutoX track, maybe you can post a review after you give it a go? I have a different car I use for AutoX, but pretty sure the Fit will make it out for some fun laps at some point
I can predict that it will do well in STF but I have to spend a lot more to get it STF ready. Putting it in a stock class will be tough since they merged HS with GS for 2015.

I've been driving on the street in 2nd and it maxes out at 55mph until I bounce the rev limiter. It corners very well and has a lot of body roll. It definitely needs some koni shocks with ground control sleeves or something. Then the largest wall thickness hollow rear sway bar, enkei rpf1s wrapped. In 205/50/15 Toyo r1r s and I think I got something close to an ef civic/CRX handling

Old 11-12-2014, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by GeorgeL

Regarding custom wheels, I put smoothie lakester disks on my xB's 15" steelie wheels. I've lost count of the number of people who have done the "cool wheels, dude, where'd you get 'em?" thing.

Umm, $50 a set from the VW store...

I don't think I would like this sort of look on a Fit, but have been pondering body-color steel wheels with stainless hub covers, kind of like the old school Civics. Wheels should look like wheels, not sci-fi cheese graters.
George, what /where is "the VW store"... link please.. I've tried to search for what you mention here, and I can't find them. I'm definitely in the market for some good looking moonpie discs either stainless, aluminum, or as you said, body color...

Old 11-12-2014, 04:19 PM
If i were in the market i would opt for LX because 1) I hate chrome pieces, 2) I hate sunroofs, just more places for water to leak down the line and less headroom. 3) Dont need lane watch. 3) I hate that touch screen radio without knobs 4) Dont need alloy wheels as there are many nicer/lighter aftermarket ones available.

Albeit, there are things the EX does have I like are:
1) More noise insulation (which i found out is simply a carpet liners in the fender wells you can add yourself.)
2) Smart Key system which is kind of nice.
3) HDMI inputs and 2 extra speakers (tweeters)

Old 11-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by interestingstuff
George, what /where is "the VW store"... link please.. I've tried to search for what you mention here, and I can't find them. I'm definitely in the market for some good looking moonpie discs either stainless, aluminum, or as you said, body color...
It's been 10 years, so my source is likely defunct. A quick Google yielded:

Spun Aluminum Disc 15 Inch Wheel Cover - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

15" Full Moon Hot Rod Racing Disc Hub Caps Wheel Covers | eBay

I prefer the spun aluminum and I made a center attach bracket with a Dzus fastener to hold them on, rather than drilling holes in my rims.

Oh, and body color was courtesy of Krylon.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:33 PM
The plastic inserts in place of fog lights is what bugs me the most. I actually asked if I could order a LX with the fog lights. Would have been $500 more

Old 11-12-2014, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Heh, I never even noticed the plastic inserts! (have had car for a month now) I'll have to go take a look! Yeah I think they are all good cars, just depends on what your particular needs are. I was looking for the least expensive option possible, so I went for the LX. CVT though, not manual, since I've never had a manual before and heard they are a pain in traffic (and I know they are a pain on hills).

Now I am paranoid about the wheels..! Never heard of people getting their wheels stolen before. Any way to buy wheels that are less attractive?

Old 11-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by wndy
Heh, I never even noticed the plastic inserts! (have had car for a month now) I'll have to go take a look! Yeah I think they are all good cars, just depends on what your particular needs are. I was looking for the least expensive option possible, so I went for the LX. CVT though, not manual, since I've never had a manual before and heard they are a pain in traffic (and I know they are a pain on hills).

Now I am paranoid about the wheels..! Never heard of people getting their wheels stolen before. Any way to buy wheels that are less attractive?
No need to worry about your wheels. It's the alloy wheels that come on the EX that attracts the thieves. Our LX cars are equipped with the less flashy steel wheels and plastic wheel covers.

Last edited by napr; 11-12-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:52 PM
One thing I really do appreciate, though, is that all the trim levels have the same engine and suspension.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by napr
No need to worry about your wheels. It's the alloy wheels that come on the EX that attracts the thieves. Our LX cars are equipped with the less flashy steel wheels and plastic wheel covers.
Thank goodness! I am going to buy new wheels when purchasing winter tires. When I'm shopping for wheels should I just avoid anything that says alloy? I am pretty much oblivious to wheels, so I don't care what they look like... I just care about function, and to a lesser extent, price.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:55 AM
Thank goodness! I am going to buy new wheels when purchasing winter tires. When I'm shopping for wheels should I just avoid anything that says alloy? I am pretty much oblivious to wheels, so I don't care what they look like... I just care about function, and to a lesser extent, price.
Steel wheels just like you have would be the best choice for your new tires and winter needs. Alloy wheels are definitely not what you want for severe winter driving. Alloys are much easier to damage while driving over winter potholes; and salt used for deicing will damage them with corrosion.

If you get steel wheels for your winter tires, you will be able to use the same wheel covers that are on your car now.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:18 AM
I think you may be a little confused on what alloys mean. Alloy wheels are basically any premium wheels that don't come with a hubcap (just about all aftermarket wheels are alloys). Usually you can see through them like so:

Steel wheels refers to generic steel wheels which generally have a hubcap over them. Like so:

Old 11-13-2014, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by napr
Steel wheels just like you have would be the best choice for your new tires and winter needs. Alloy wheels are definitely not what you want for severe winter driving. Alloys are much easier to damage while driving over winter potholes; and salt used for deicing will damage them with corrosion.

If you get steel wheels for your winter tires, you will be able to use the same wheel covers that are on your car now.
Awesome, thank you so much! I will go with steel

fit419:Thank you, yes I was just assuming alloy referred to the makeup of the metal, alloy vs. steel, without regard to looks.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Steel wheels don't have to be unattractive:

though I am a bit puzzled by the large holes/small holes thing on current wheels. The older symmetrical wheels were more aesthetically pleasing:

Last edited by GeorgeL; 11-13-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
When I got my 1992 Civic DX Hatchback it came with steel wheels with crappy plastic covers on them.

Eventually I took the covers off and it looked alot better without them!

Old 11-16-2014, 09:38 PM
I did that on my Corolla a long time ago. Then when I had a flat I broke two studs because lug nuts were rusted on. I didn't know about anti-seize back then.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
It's been 10 years, so my source is likely defunct. A quick Google yielded:

I prefer the spun aluminum and I made a center attach bracket with a Dzus fastener to hold them on, rather than drilling holes in my rims.

Oh, and body color was courtesy of Krylon.
Yeah, spun aluminum has to be lighter which is part of the point... it's ashame they don't have the good mounting equipment like the stainless steel ones have...

Old 11-17-2014, 06:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JN2k108
I think I got something close to an ef civic/CRX handling
LOL... i was with you right up that that point... x2

seriously, you cannot compare a 2500 lb mcstrut car to a 1800lb double wishbone car. they are in different leagues, thus different classes.

also, regarding the gearing, you will find on the 205/50 or 225/45 15's that second gear will be too short.

but, you are coming from a volvo, right? so, at least that is a step in the right direction...

Old 11-17-2014, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah that's why I said close. I know they don't compare due to front suspension differences. I wish macphersons have camber adjustability. I would have some toe out in the front and 0 toe rear.

However I like how light this car is compared to other cars available today. It handles pretty well on the street but I definitely need stiffer shocks.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:14 PM
EX-L worth $1,500 over EX?

Am I missing anything besides leather interior, heated front seats, and mirror turn signals between the, Ex and Ex-L? I don't know that those few things can justify an additional $1500 for me.

I forgot to mention the heated side mirrors, too.

Last edited by GotFitB13; 11-24-2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Added Comment.

Quick Reply: Should I get the LX or EX