3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Happy to be getting a Fit! but...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Happy to be getting a Fit! but...

First off I'd love to say I'm super happy to have ordered my Fit, its the first quality car I will have ever owned. I'm also glad that these forums exist, such a great place to find out info on so many things.

But being that this is the first car I've ordered and not just walk off the lot with is it common place for the dealer to not know when your order will be in? I have ready a couple of posts already of people not getting updates on their orders for new Fits but is this really how ordering a nearly $20,000 item goes?

back ground: Canadian dealer, LX manual in white (ooooo white). I ordered the car the day after they were released in Canada (September 20th) still haven't heard from the dealer with a VIN, I e-mailed him in the middle of last week to see if he had heard anything but he just said that he would "keep an eye out" on the incoming list...

I'm a little put off, but if this is the normal way cars get ordered i'll feel a bit better.

thanks!

UPDATE: The dealer ordered in a LX white manual as a test car before I ordered my car, they didn't make the mental connection that I wanted the same car. However I noticed it when I was driving by today, and they are going to give me the demo which has next to zero kms on it!!! Total fluke because they said my car hadn't left the factory yet!

Last edited by zeusmoltar; 10-04-2014 at 08:55 AM. Reason: new details
Old 10-02-2014, 07:41 PM
With the Fit supply and delivery issues have made things a little rough.
Mexico plant is new and had teething problems with the Fit. Delivery company is new to Honda and literally can't deliver on promises made... Be patient it's well worth the wait. I haven't had this much fun modding a car in years... Lucky for me the "carbon fiber" bug seems to be out of my system..... I hope

Old 10-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
With the Fit supply and delivery issues have made things a little rough.
Mexico plant is new and had teething problems with the Fit. Delivery company is new to Honda and literally can't deliver on promises made... Be patient it's well worth the wait. I haven't had this much fun modding a car in years... Lucky for me the "carbon fiber" bug seems to be out of my system..... I hope
Yeah i'm all ready with a speaker and amp install, just need the car. lol

don't get me started on the carbon fiber, i work at a plant that lays-up aerospace carbon fiber.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by zeusmoltar
Yeah i'm all ready with a speaker and amp install, just need the car. lol

don't get me started on the carbon fiber, i work at a plant that lays-up aerospace carbon fiber.
Ohhh..... Mmmmm.... Carbon Fiber.....

FIT | PARTS | AERODYNAMICS for Front Aero Bumper Style
about halfway down the page the rear upper spoiler in CF is calling my name....

Old 10-03-2014, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by zeusmoltar
First off I'd love to say I'm super happy to have ordered my Fit, its the first quality car I will have ever owned. I'm also glad that these forums exist, such a great place to find out info on so many things.

But being that this is the first car I've ordered and not just walk off the lot with is it common place for the dealer to not know when your order will be in? I have ready a couple of posts already of people not getting updates on their orders for new Fits but is this really how ordering a nearly $20,000 item goes?

back ground: Canadian dealer, LX manual in white (ooooo white). I ordered the car the day after they were released in Canada (September 20th) still haven't heard from the dealer with a VIN, I e-mailed him in the middle of last week to see if he had heard anything but he just said that he would "keep an eye out" on the incoming list...

I'm a little put off, but if this is the normal way cars get ordered i'll feel a bit better.

thanks!
Same boat as you, placed an order on Sept 9th and dealer hasn't been able to give me any indication when the car will be received.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:38 AM
You got the same model and color as me! Twinkies! lol

I had the same problem. The dealer had no idea where the car was. They kept telling me it "will be here next Wednesday". It'll get there eventually.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:04 AM
I ordered mine on Aug 18, and as of last week no ETA from the dealer On top of that, I'm borrowing the in-law's car, and they need their car back soon. I'm so desperate, I went and tempted myself with a closeout '14 Mazda 3 Sport. Man, that car is a fun ride.....

Old 10-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Almost tempted to setup a tent in front of the dealer and sit there till my car arrives :>

Old 10-03-2014, 06:11 PM
If they were honest with you and said "Your car won't be here for a month" you might say "The heck with that!" and go buy a Mazda.

By saying "maybe by next Wednesday" they keep you waiting.

It's just like playing a fish. They give you a little tug each week to keep you on the hook. If they just gave one big tug the fish gets away!

Honda seems to be complicit in this as they tend to keep dealers in the dark about exactly where their cars are.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Yes same problem from many Honda dealer in California. They don't even take special order in social dealer. You buy what they have. Very limited inventory available alsom I went to 3 dealer before finding trim and color I wanted

Old 10-03-2014, 07:35 PM
This is all distressing, my car is so near death... I hope it gets here before winter!

Old 10-04-2014, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator
For those waiting - wanna feel good? Look at my timeline.
Placed my reservation (w/ deposit) in Feb. Spec'd the car April. Delivery was last week in late Sept.

Good part, it was worth is all!!!!

As for the dealer, from the beginning, I was told not to expect delivery until Aug., at the earliest, and Oct., at the latest. That was the good part. The bad was their business office tried selling me all the unnecessary "add-ons" during the paperwork process.

Keep the faith and start shopping for mods while you wait!!!

Old 10-04-2014, 04:22 AM
I put a deposit down in early June, and by mid-September my car still wasn't here. Every week, it was the some more bullsh*t - it'll be here soon, it's being built right now, we show it being built next week, and on and on. It got down to the wire, and I needed a car so I purchased a color I didn't want from a dealer I didn't want to buy a car from. The car I'd put the deposit on arrived the very next day.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by spaghetina
I put a deposit down in early June, and by mid-September my car still wasn't here. Every week, it was the some more bullsh*t - it'll be here soon, it's being built right now, we show it being built next week, and on and on. It got down to the wire, and I needed a car so I purchased a color I didn't want from a dealer I didn't want to buy a car from. The car I'd put the deposit on arrived the very next day.
oh lord, i would lose my mind if that happened. I just hope they can get me a manual, i've been driving a slushbox for 6 years now.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:55 AM
UPDATE: The dealer ordered in a LX white manual as a test car before I ordered my car, they didn't make the mental connection that I wanted the same car. However I noticed it when I was driving by today, and they are going to give me the demo which has next to zero kms on it!!! Total fluke because they said my car hadn't left the factory yet!

Old 10-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Glad to hear you're getting it soon.
I ordered my LX White Manual on Sept 20th too! Mine's supposed to be coming in this week

Old 10-04-2014, 09:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tron
Glad to hear you're getting it soon.
I ordered my LX White Manual on Sept 20th too! Mine's supposed to be coming in this week
Nice! I ordered mine sep 19 and the dealer emailed me saying its ready for delivery on Monday

Old 10-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Many of the dealers in my area were up front with me regarding wait time. Many of them told me it would a 2-4 month wait. One dealer told me, "I can get it to you in a week" so I went with them. My prior car had been totaled and I was in a rental car for 1 week, so I said, "Sounds good to me, but what are you going to do for me when my Fit doesn't come in a week and I no longer have a rental car?" No problem... They gave me an Insight and in 2 weeks, my Fit arrived! So... In my book it was a definite win. 2 weeks was much less than 2-4 months, as many others had told me. Perhaps, I was just lucky!

Old 10-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by markelmarcel
Many of the dealers in my area were up front with me regarding wait time. Many of them told me it would a 2-4 month wait. One dealer told me, "I can get it to you in a week" so I went with them. My prior car had been totaled and I was in a rental car for 1 week, so I said, "Sounds good to me, but what are you going to do for me when my Fit doesn't come in a week and I no longer have a rental car?" No problem... They gave me an Insight and in 2 weeks, my Fit arrived! So... In my book it was a definite win. 2 weeks was much less than 2-4 months, as many others had told me. Perhaps, I was just lucky!
definitely lucky, my original wait time was 2 weeks to 6 months!

Old 10-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Unhappy Jumping Ship Maybe...

Originally Posted by richlee
I ordered mine on Aug 18, and as of last week no ETA from the dealer On top of that, I'm borrowing the in-law's car, and they need their car back soon. I'm so desperate, I went and tempted myself with a closeout '14 Mazda 3 Sport. Man, that car is a fun ride.....
I promised myself I'll wait until this week, but I just can't wait anymore. I went back to the Mazda dealer last night and I'm 99% sure I'm getting the Mazda 3 Sport. I really want the Fit for its huge cargo capacity and its seating flexibility.

But the Mazda is so fun to drive, with a great interior, as well as really good mileage for a compact car. Granted the Fit still beats it out on hauling capacity and mileage, but the Mazda is not all that bad and actually beats out most other competitors.

Also, I'm frankly very concerned about some of the problems and quality issues that are mentioned in this forum. Granted, we are only hearing about the bad and the majority of the owners who have no issues we don't hear about, but man, I don't think I want to risk having to deal with QA issues and warranty repairs. I had my share of that in the past when I owned a '99 Jetta and was at the dealers every other week for something.

Lastly, with only 3 Honda dealers in the area, Fits are hard to come by, with only a handful being shipped each time. So this means you have to pay sticker since there's high demand and low supply. With the Mazda 3 being a 2014, I'm able to talk down the price for pretty much the same price as the Fit I want. In looking at what I'm getting with the Mazda, and for the same price, the Fit just doesn't make sense anymore.

So please someone, talk me out of the Mazda!

Quick Reply: Happy to be getting a Fit! but...