3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I am really enjoying my FIT!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 11:01 AM
I am really enjoying my FIT!

Okay, so this forum was one of the reasons why I opted to purchase a 15 Fit. The community was helpful, friendly and I read many positive things about the vehicle. Over the past week or so, I am seeing many posts discussing issues with the vehicle and just a lot of negativity. I understand and I'm sure there are issues. I just wanted to shift focus.

I have had my car for one week and I am really liking it. In fact, I was concerned coming from a GTI that I would be less than thrilled driving the Fit but I have to say, I'm cool!

Things I love:
- Three blink turn signals. My GTI had this and it is one of my favorite features. I have driven some higher end cars that did not have this.

- Bluetooth connectivity. I know this is not unique to the Fit but the pairing and ease of use with this radio is miles ahead of my GTI. Music and audio books play great and sound good.

- Style. I think this car looks great for the price. I looked at many other cars in this price range and to me, the Fit has the most character combining a level of sportiness with practicality.

- The ride. I thought this would be where this car really turned me off. It is quite different from the European ride of the GTI. I have to say that I am enjoying the ride, especially at higher speeds which surprised me.

- Glass. There is so much glass in this car, you almost feel like you are more connected with the outside world when driving.

- Fit and Finish. I know people have complained about the paint job and other details. Maybe I'm not a nit picker when it comes to my cars but I feel like the fit and finish on the Fit is great for a sub $19,000 car.

There are of course more things I am really enjoying about the car and I will add to this list as I go. There are some things I don't like, including the fact that my car will require the front bumper upgrade but for now, I'm content to stay with the positive.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Ditto all the above - I'm also a VW "switcher," coming from a '13 Beetle TDi convertible.

es

Old 09-22-2014, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
I love mine too! Your comment about the glass is particularly true, especially with the sunroof glass too.

I just feel so smart because it's such an intelligent little thing.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:25 AM
m_x
Agreed 100%. I sincerely feel for everyone that is having problems and I am glad that they can come to this community and share their experiences. It is friendly here and people tend to have good intentions with their posts. The OPs get feedback and information and the community learns of potential issues to be mindful of. Nobody is disputing that there have been real and sometimes serious issues with the new model, but make no mistake that the these cases are the minority, even in the very skewed sample of FitFreaks. And to be clear, I really feel awful for the people having issues and hope that everything is made right for them with their new vehicles.

Increasingly though, there seem to be long, ranting posts from users that 1) do not own the car and/or 2) have no intention of buying the car. They are reading the same articles and press releases and forum posts that we are all and then speculating and making assumptions based on no or incomplete hard knowledge. Worse, they get on here and just write biased and baseless opinions in the form of actual knowledge, which makes it harder for people to find good, solid information. They must all work for competing car manufacturers or something.

I've been stalking the 3rd gen threads since it was only 5 pages long and it used to be different. I think we should all work to keep this a safe, unbiased, credible source of information for a friendly community of new car owners. People talk about keeping the Fit for 10+ years; wouldn't it be nice to have a trusted forum to consult over that time?

P.S. - OP, Glad your liking the new car!

Old 09-22-2014, 11:27 AM
lol, I can wait to get my 2015 fit. So jealous you all have yours already

Must admit, I'm liking the above red fit with the tinted windows.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
I love mine too! Your comment about the glass is particularly true, especially with the sunroof glass too.

exl500, I have never seen your tires so dirty in any of your other pictures. Please tell me you're not getting complacent with your detailing duties...

Old 09-22-2014, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
It was raining that day and I was driving on sand (excuses, excuses)!

But I am properly chastised ;-)

Old 09-22-2014, 12:37 PM
7 week wait is over

I waited 7 weeks for my white LX, and I am Very happy with my car.

The fit and finish are excellent. I have owned BMW and MB, and the workmanship, and attention to detail are just as good. Those cars weigh twice as much and cost three times what the LX does so sure are " better", but for the money the Fit can't be beat!

I am still discovering all the Features, included in the least expensive Honda. The owners manual, if you choose to read it, explains how almost everything has a way for the owner to personalize the features. Amazing!

I owned both a gen 1 and Gen 2 Fit. This car is a big improvement in almost everything. I also love the ride, and the acceleration, and ability to climb hills, even in Eco mode is very good.

The 2015 White LX Fit gets Two thumbs up from me!

Old 09-22-2014, 03:03 PM
I bought this car knowing that on a technical basis it met all my requirements. I barely test drove it... two quick drives. I bought this car mostly for economical reasons which is why I went with the LX. I knew that this purchase at this time in my life would be a perfect match (no... I resist the "perfect fit" pun) to my needs.

I knew I would like this car just fine but what has surprised me is how much I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS CAR! It is so fun to drive! It's the cheapest new Honda you can get but it doesn't feel at all cheap!!! I have become obsessed with this car and I find myself back here at this forum all the time!

I Love my Fit!!!

Old 09-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Oh my god, I forgot to mention that I LOVE the gas mileage. I am getting around 32mpg city driving!

Old 09-22-2014, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500

EXL500- love the photo of your Fit with all the kayaks. A question-- do you carry kayaks on your car? I am getting a Thule rack and trying to figure the best way to carry two kayaks Any suggestions? thanks.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you for the compliments.

I do not carry kayaks on the car. This was nothing more than a photo op. I do recall a thread on here somewhere about owners who do carry kayaks, and I believe they used Thules.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Ditto on the 2015 Fit kudos...love my White Orchid Pearl so much that I'm now seriously thinking about trading my Accord for a 2nd one...we'd be a 'two fit family"! It would solve the on-going battle of who gets to drive the Fit! Decisions, decisions on the color...wife likes red, I like the WOP we currently have but wouldn't mind the Agean Blue! Local dealership shows 2 Mystic Yellow either in stock or in route (I know, I know lol ). We're going to drop by there this week to see if it's possible to see a yellow in the wild...you never know!! Btw, I'm averaging around 41 mpg (computer) with mixed driving...trip A computer hasn't been reset since I bought the car...just shy of 2000 miles @ 38 mpg. Love it.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Thanks for sharing. I agree wth all of your thoughts and that this is a great little car and quite a bargain.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fbones24
- The ride. I thought this would be where this car really turned me off. It is quite different from the European ride of the GTI. I have to say that I am enjoying the ride, especially at higher speeds which surprised me.
^^This! I agree with most of what you said but the ride is what really surprised me as well. I can take the car at some pretty high speeds (for a subcompact) and it feels surefooted and planted. I don't understand how they did this but it feels good.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:47 AM
I agree on all points except my LX doesn't have 3 point turn signals I thought the plastic armrest and low center armrest would be a problem but I barely notice now. Actually the plastic around the door controls is the best feeling plastic I've felt, looking like metal and feeling solid! I sometimes touch it like I would leather

I took it on a really twisty route on Highway 1 north of Golden Gate Bridge and it was a joy driving it through it. Has more than enough power for me, feels planted, easy to steer and just carves through it, at least compared to my previous Maxima.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by haudoodles
I agree on all points except my LX doesn't have 3 point turn signals I thought the plastic armrest and low center armrest would be a problem but I barely notice now. Actually the plastic around the door controls is the best feeling plastic I've felt, looking like metal and feeling solid! I sometimes touch it like I would leather

I took it on a really twisty route on Highway 1 north of Golden Gate Bridge and it was a joy driving it through it. Has more than enough power for me, feels planted, easy to steer and just carves through it, at least compared to my previous Maxima.
I bought "aftermarket" armrests both for the door and center console. Go to Floor Mats, Car Covers, Cushions, and Parking Aids from Driving Comfort. and www.amazon.com and search under auto armrests. Mine are now very comfortable.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by cloud11244
I bought "aftermarket" armrests both for the door and center console. Go to Floor Mats, Car Covers, Cushions, and Parking Aids from Driving Comfort. and Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more and search under auto armrests. Mine are now very comfortable.
I was thinking of getting those strap-on's. Do they slip around on the center console?

Old 09-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by haudoodles
I was thinking of getting those strap-on's. Do they slip around on the center console?
Yes they do. "driving comfort" has them in black color. I didn't see any on amazon in black; but amazon has them in charcoal grey (Trillium CCG-400 Memory Foam Console Cushion). Amazon is less expensive.

The ones for the door arm rest on amazon (Elbow Friend Automotive Midnight Black) attach to the armrest with velcro. This involves one part of the velcro attaching to the armrest with adhesive. I am not sure how this will affect the plastic armrest if I ever remove the velcro.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:29 AM
I forgot to mention that I love keyless entry and start. I know other cars have this feature but it is my first experience with it and I'm not sure I could do without it again. I now always have two free hands when getting into and out of the car. Makes taking my things so much easier and loading groceries less painful.

Quick Reply: I am really enjoying my FIT!