3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Fit Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Angry 2015 Fit Stalling

Hello,

First let my start by saying that my family has owned three Honda cars, and we have had nothing but good luck with all of them. When Honda released the new fit, we really liked it and decided to give it a go (fit is go).

I've really enjoyed driving it, however, when I am stopped at a stop sign or red light, or even just sitting in a parking lot, the car feels as if it loses power and then completely shuts off. Sometimes, it shakes first, and you can physically feel the engine losing power, but sometimes it just shuts off as soon as you stop.

We had taken it once, and we were told that they could not replicate the issue, and that it may have just been some bad gas in the car. It continued after that, and even completely stalled while I was in motion (40 mph), when I tried to restart the car, it wouldn't move even though the engine was making noise. I was able to coast into a neighborhood where we had it towed to the dealership, and they replaced the "throttle body," claiming that the engine was not getting the right amount of air.

Fast forward to today, one day after getting it back, and it shuts off as soon as I get to a red light. I am extremely irritated because I really do like driving this car.

I will be taking it tomorrow, and if it is not fixed, I will be taking action against Honda under the "lemon law," even though I REALLY don't want to. It really is more than an annoyance - it's a safety hazard!

Was just wondering if anyone else had the same problems or suggestions for my 3rd gen fit.

Thanks & sorry for the rant!!

Old 09-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator
is this an MT or CVT?

Old 09-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
is this an MT or CVT?
CVT, should have said.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:10 PM
What is your vin#? I thought I felt something weird too in my car... When I stop at a stop sign but not a complete stop and then gas again it stutters a lil bit then it goes.. only happened twice so far...CVT also

Old 09-08-2014, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member
Keep taking it in. Eventually you will get a mechanic that will make the correct guess and fix it or Honda will give you a new one under the the lemon law. You need a track record under the lemon law to show that Hinda tried x number of times to fix it.

One dumb thing you might try is to loosen the gas cap when that happens and see if the thing starts and runs. I'm thinking maybe it is a fuel tank vent problem. On most vehicles a loosen the cap will cause an evap message, but if it runs with it loose then you know the problem could be fuel starvation from the tank not venting. There is an evap vent valve on most cars that opens and closes to allow venting and evap testing. If it sticks, it could be your problem.

That is my best guess for this morning.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:29 PM
Connor_Fit, just curious - how did you resolve this problem? It's a year after you, but I'm having the same problem. After my second tow and fourth loaner vehicle, the dealership just replaced the throttle body. Just got the car today and I am very curious as to whether this will have fixed my problem...

Old 08-15-2015, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lizfit15
Connor_Fit, just curious - how did you resolve this problem? It's a year after you, but I'm having the same problem. After my second tow and fourth loaner vehicle, the dealership just replaced the throttle body. Just got the car today and I am very curious as to whether this will have fixed my problem...
He said that they replaced the throttle body and still had the same problem. So it appears for now to still be a mystery.

Check this thread. It seems to have several people concerned.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...-stopping.html

Last edited by fitfuture; 08-15-2015 at 08:09 AM.