3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

So at what point is it safe to buy my second 3rd Generation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 02:17 PM
So at what point is it safe to buy my second 3rd Generation?

Own three fits. Just bought the 2015 (EX CVT) and am completely happy. Need fourth car -- current one will last another year but it is a beater and needs to be replaced.

I realize all of us have different takes on whether and when someone should take the plunge on a new generation of an old standby.

I am wondering if there are some markers or quality reports, etc., that would tell me if the 2015 does stand up to prior years in particular. For me, my gut level thought would be to drive mine for half a year, and just keep reading the reports and reviews. Six months should be enough to know whether there are some issues with the model, no?

My assumption, given the fact that this is a 2015, is that we are not going to have a new model for a while.

Thoughts?

Old 08-28-2014, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Well you obviously thought it was safe enough to buy your first one. I don't understand what your problem is. Scratching head.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:46 PM
^+1 Doesnt take long to realize this is a great car. You should know by now with your new Fit. It does come with a factory warranty.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM
...and I thought I was the only one contemplating a second one. I've only had my WOP EX for one week as of tomorrow but have found that everyone in the family is now pretty much fighting over this one because it's so much fun to drive + need to replace a 2005 Accord Hybrid that has seen better days and will soon be in need of the dreaded battery replacement. I don't think I've ever known anyone with 2 of the exact same car in the family (his & hers?), except for color...seems odd to me...but considering it at this point. I may give it a bit more time to allow the local dealer inventory to swell a bit, as currently there are still few available.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Some people stand and watch life go by, others jump in and live it.......................

Old 08-28-2014, 04:42 PM
I work for Honda service and see the issues that each model has. That being said I purchased 2 2015 Fits within a week of each other. They are awesome. If you have one already then you know wether or not a second one is for you...

Old 08-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Off the top of my head, I wouldn't purchase with a VIN below 15,000. The reason is simply that the early cars were left sitting out in the sun on dusty lots waiting to be reworked. That can't help but cause issues on some of the early cars. There's also the issue of getting the right parts on the cars to avoid nuisance recalls such as the one for A-pillar trim. The problem itself is trivial, but dealers tend to make it cumbersome to get it fixed, making you drop the car off, do paperwork and keeping the car for far longer than the fix actually takes. They don't get paid as much for these fixes as they do for normal customers so dealers would just as soon not do it.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
I work for Honda service and see the issues that each model has. That being said I purchased 2 2015 Fits within a week of each other. They are awesome. If you have one already then you know wether or not a second one is for you...
That tells you something.

The dealer I got my 2015 Fit from and my wife's 2014 Civic, will give you a car to use while your car is in the shop for any reason. For me, that is the first dealer who's ever offered that. Sure, you still have to go and exchange cars but it sure beats having to rent a car or do without one.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by oman
Own three fits. Just bought the 2015 (EX CVT) and am completely happy. Need fourth car -- current one will last another year but it is a beater and needs to be replaced.

I realize all of us have different takes on whether and when someone should take the plunge on a new generation of an old standby.

I am wondering if there are some markers or quality reports, etc., that would tell me if the 2015 does stand up to prior years in particular. For me, my gut level thought would be to drive mine for half a year, and just keep reading the reports and reviews. Six months should be enough to know whether there are some issues with the model, no?

My assumption, given the fact that this is a 2015, is that we are not going to have a new model for a while.

Thoughts?
You might want to consider waiting the the upcoming HR-V, just for comparison, which is built on the Fit Platform, but is slightly higher off the ground and longer. I heard it will be out by the end of the year.