3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Mystic Yellow Pearl Fit Has Arrived!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the info!
Will check it out.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by john21031
It looks like the photos are taken in a "vivid colors" setting, making everything appear a lot brighter and more saturated. Look at the blue wall behind, bright green plants.

The real yellow is probably a lot more pale than this.
Saw one in person the other day. Looks nothing like the one in the pictures. The pictured one looks more like a Mustang Chrome Yellow than the Fit does in sunlight. The Yellow in the picture looks great. In person...not my cup of tea.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Stingray
Saw one in person the other day. Looks nothing like the one in the pictures. The pictured one looks more like a Mustang Chrome Yellow than the Fit does in sunlight. The Yellow in the picture looks great. In person...not my cup of tea.
I drove by a dealership with a yellow fit parked at the front and it looked a lot like the car pictured below the parrot. It is not dark yellow but a soft medium yellow.

Susan

Old 11-27-2014, 09:22 PM
I noticed the odd shades of MYP in print magazines and periodicals web pictures before I walked into several dealers showrooms, shaded lots and noon-time direct sunlight and saw MYP in-person. I believe the MYP paint Honda chose, reflects a large portion of the light thrown upon it. So in the showroom it looks dark. Outside at noon it looks faded but not as much as a pre-washed pair of blue-jeans. In the shade at at dusk MYP looks rich and thick. So I decided I liked that Honda chose this effect of tonal variance and specifically searched the internet to find the 2015 Fit LX MYP I have had now for a little over a month.

Old 11-28-2014, 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by Namae Kana
I noticed the odd shades of MYP in print magazines and periodicals web pictures before I walked into several dealers showrooms, shaded lots and noon-time direct sunlight and saw MYP in-person. I believe the MYP paint Honda chose, reflects a large portion of the light thrown upon it. So in the showroom it looks dark. Outside at noon it looks faded but not as much as a pre-washed pair of blue-jeans. In the shade at at dusk MYP looks rich and thick. So I decided I liked that Honda chose this effect of tonal variance and specifically searched the internet to find the 2015 Fit LX MYP I have had now for a little over a month.
Hmmmm, maybe that's why the mystic part of the name

Susan

Old 11-29-2014, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by SusanB
I drove by a dealership with a yellow fit parked at the front and it looked a lot like the car pictured below the parrot. It is not dark yellow but a soft medium yellow.

Susan
I was referring to the pics posted by the OP, not the Honda advertisement ones

Old 11-29-2014, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
In the right light it makes me rethink my leading color choices (red and then maybe purple). If the yellow popped in all lights like it does in some light it'd be my top choice for certain.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Evesowner
In the right light it makes me rethink my leading color choices (red and then maybe purple). If the yellow popped in all lights like it does in some light it'd be my top choice for certain.
More vivid yellows are better IMO. Ford went to a faded yellow around 2001, and sales of it were not as good. Went back to a more vivid yellow, and they picked up...but yellow never was the top of the line seller. Too attention getting for most, I guess. In any event, the Fit yellow looks close to the Soul yellow. OK for some but not bright enough for me. Yellow should shout out at you, not be muted.