3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Radio stopped showing info

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Radio stopped showing info

My LX kept showing a black screen with only the white clock text on the upper right yesterday after it got foggy and wet (first time getting wet, dunno if that has anything to do with it), and took it to the dealer to have them reset the radio to make it function again. So if anyone experiences this and the dealer looks confused, suggest resetting the radio. Mine hasn't heard of any issues with the radio, nor even the side camera glitch on the EX/EX-L.

I'm still getting random split-second skips on the bluetooth audio though, but my phone's radio does the same thing but much less frequent. Anyone with LX's doing the same?

Old 08-19-2014, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
There's a button on the top-left with a sun-moon icon (left of the CD slot, right above the "Radio" button) that allows you to adjust day/night brightness and cycle through the display options. You probably fat-fingered that button and didn't realize it. I haven't noticed any Bluetooth problems.... yet.

The dealers are still learning these cars as well but should have taken the time to look through the MANUAL provided before resetting your radio. Have YOU read your manual? You can download a PDF version and keep it on your desktop at home or at work and read through when you have time. HIGHLY recommend a thorough read through at least once so you know what information is contained and where to find it ... it's pretty well done.

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 08-19-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz
You probably fat-fingered that button and didn't realize it.
LOL, that is just funny........but I have done it.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by haudoodles
I'm still getting random split-second skips on the bluetooth audio though, but my phone's radio does the same thing but much less frequent. Anyone with LX's doing the same?
Shot in the dark, but any chance you've had your windows tinted with something that might be metallic-based? If not, I'd guess it's something that's going on with your phone. My last phone was doing this with my last car, and the new phone never did it in the same car or any other car.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Oy, it was that sunlight button after all lol, but I don't remember pushing that. Maybe my parents did, but o well. I did skim over the manuals but only now saw one little entry for that button's function.

As for the bluetooth skipping, I restarted my phone after it acted a little slow and now has minimal skipping. Good thing nothing's wrong with the car radio then.