3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Tired of waiting

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Tired of waiting

My credit union has "located" a White LX CVT fit for me and the dealer claims to have a VIN, and paperwork from Honda indicating that they are sending the dealer the car, But Honda hasn't shipped the car to the dealer.

The dealer/credit union have been telling me the same story for over a week.

It's August so Honda shouldn't be receiving too many other models, all of their efforts can be focused on the Fit. So, if the Mexico plant is a big bust why isn't Honda bringing in Fits from other plants that they have around the world, just like they did Before they built the Mexico plant.

This waiting game is getting very old, and I'm about to buy something else. Honda has done a terrible job in rolling out the Fit. Several people's job should be lost over this!

Old 08-13-2014, 12:31 PM
I agree that Honda has done a poor job with the Fit release. I see ads for Yellow Fits although it’s still not possible to buy one. And I thought they were planning to make 70,000 units a year, yet there doesn’t seem to more than a few thousand per month being released. And the unexplained delay of the April release is troubling. Couple these things with some design and quality control issues, such as the poorly designed armrest and the rear seat belts is added reasons for concern.

Despite what I have written here I still plan on buying an LX in September.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
I drove 250 miles to get my rare white LX MT, totally worth it. If you have a reliable car and really want the fit, then wait. My car was 21 years old and giving me problems. You have a 2012 fit, right? Just chill for a month. Focus on other things. Or expand your range. Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Keep calm and have a Fit in September

Old 08-13-2014, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dave92029
My credit union has "located" a White LX CVT fit for me and the dealer claims to have a VIN, and paperwork from Honda indicating that they are sending the dealer the car, But Honda hasn't shipped the car to the dealer.

The dealer/credit union have been telling me the same story for over a week.

It's August so Honda shouldn't be receiving too many other models, all of their efforts can be focused on the Fit. So, if the Mexico plant is a big bust why isn't Honda bringing in Fits from other plants that they have around the world, just like they did Before they built the Mexico plant.

This waiting game is getting very old, and I'm about to buy something else. Honda has done a terrible job in rolling out the Fit. Several people's job should be lost over this!
I would not wish unemployment on anyone.....just saying! I am sure you will get your car soon enough. I know it can be hard waiting, but after all, what we are talking about is a car you want and a car company that wants to sell you that car. The two of you will come together and once you have your car, you will forget all about the wait.