3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

July Sales

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by nbcbill
Ok . If I can't get the Fit and I am not able to wait two to three months what should be my next choice of car?
The existing car you have?

Kind of depends on your needs and your budget.

Personally, I'm really not interested in Fit's direct competitors, and it's hard to look 1 size up since many of those have the same interior volume as the Fit (I don't see that as a win)

Old 08-08-2014, 10:29 AM
My lease is up in October with an American company . Like everything about the fit. This is a second car so I will just have wait it out

Old 08-08-2014, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bensonr2
Specific colors are hard to find yes, but in my search it was difficult to find the 15 fit in any color including the most common ones such as silver, grey and black.

The cars are leaving dealerships fast enough that most are being sold for msrp.

I'm sure the situation is getting better week to week but most of the car buying websites are still showing 0 average discount over msrp.

I imagine it will not be possible to get an accurate idea of the sales success or miss for a few months.
Paul Miller Honda in West Caldwell, NJ has a black EX CVT for sale. ask for Eric, tell him Dan w/ the white Fit sent you

Old 08-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by TofuShop
Paul Miller Honda in West Caldwell, NJ has a black EX CVT for sale. ask for Eric, tell him Dan w/ the white Fit sent you
I already got my Fit from Joyce Honda in Denville a couple weeks ago.

They happened to get 3 Fit EX's in on a Monday and I stopped by the following day.

My experience with Paul Miller Honda was not great but perhaps I just caught the wrong salesmen to work with.

They did have a silver in stock when I spoke with them but they did not seem to get that I was not ready to buy for another 2 or 3 weeks and just wanted a price quote for the time being.

My experience with a lot of dealers was that the "inventory" listed on their websites were mostly cars still in transit and they already had taken deposits for many of them.

Joyce Honda did not seem to post their inventory until they actually had the cars in.

The worst offender on misleading inventory was Planet Honda. They consistently showed 15 EX's with a variety of color choices and when I called to confirm inventory they said they had zip.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by nbcbill
My lease is up in October with an American company . Like everything about the fit. This is a second car so I will just have wait it out
My dealer just called and said my car arrived today, 27 days after I put the deposit on it. It was an "in transit" model before I went and made the deposit, so hopefully your wait isn't too long.

Old 08-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by chinkster
i had to order mine! white EX with manual trans! gotta wait till september! wtf!
That is what happens when they have dinguses at the corporation deciding what colors and options to make....and they don't have any of what people want in stock.