3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Camera bug?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
I tried putting it into reverse as soon as the car started, but everything worked fine -backup and side view cameras. Twice. So, I cannot reproduce the problem.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:56 AM
I have not yet experienced this with my Fit, but I did have this issue a couple of times with my Accord. I never got it looked at, because it was just so random. I chalked it up to naughty gremlins.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
I tried putting it into reverse as soon as the car started, but everything worked fine -backup and side view cameras. Twice. So, I cannot reproduce the problem.
What I did was hit the lane watch soon as I put it in reverse and before the the system could boot up.
Maybe it is just a freak series of events that causes it.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:25 PM
The other day I got the LaneWatch camera to appear while I was in park. Not sure how.

Originally Posted by SilverEX15
What dealer is that? I called three local dealers, and only one could find anything about it. He said that Honda has a chart to work through to isolate the problem. Having the name of a dealer that knows something about it would be helpful.

Maybe the "problem" is putting it into reverse before the system boots.
I contacted Honda corporate support and then they told they dealer to replace the head unit. The dealers are clueless about this without guidance from the mothership.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by simonx314
The other day I got the LaneWatch camera to appear while I was in park. Not sure how.

Lane watch is as simple as hitting the button to get it to appear either in park or driving, the glitch I got as with others is when you hit the lane watch you see the rear camera while driving and ONLY the rear camera.
Perhaps I am misreading your statement here and you meant the rear camera in lane watch, if so ignore me LOL

Old 08-06-2014, 01:31 PM
I contacted Honda corporate support and then they told they dealer to replace the head unit. The dealers are clueless about this without guidance from the mothership.
I doubt that Honda has that firm a grip on the issue either. Replacing the head unit seems like a shotgun approach to the problem.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by tmfit
Lane watch is as simple as hitting the button to get it to appear either in park or driving, the glitch I got as with others is when you hit the lane watch you see the rear camera while driving and ONLY the rear camera.
Perhaps I am misreading your statement here and you meant the rear camera in lane watch, if so ignore me LOL
LOL whoops silly me. You've solved the mystery.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:36 PM
LOL whoops silly me. You've solved the mystery.
LOL, you are having they type of day I seem to have everyday!

Old 08-06-2014, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
If it is somehow tied to not letting the system initialize and that can be duplicated, can it also be duplicated where there is no problem if you let the system initialize fully before driving? 99% of the time I do that anyway, albeit a 2012.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
If it is somehow tied to not letting the system initialize and that can be duplicated, can it also be duplicated where there is no problem if you let the system initialize fully before driving? 99% of the time I do that anyway, albeit a 2012.
I have never seen it happen otherwise. Someone on here had a video of it happening while they were driving but I don't remember if they said it happened from the beginning or just started during the drive.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:50 AM
Happened again today. I did give the system time to boot up before I drove off. The first right turn I made and no lane watch. It showed the back up camera then went black. It also didn't work with the button. I made another video with my phone for evidence. I also tried something else. While driving I went into the camera setting and turned off the lane watch camera. I waited a few minutes and turned it back on. Still didn't work. It did work after resetting by parking, turning the car off, and then back on. So far this is the 4th time its happened. Going to contact the dealer as soon as I can but because of the weather headed here it might be a few weeks. Here is one of my You Tube videos. Sorry for not filming it in landscape, I was driving at the time.

Last edited by SHIBA; 08-07-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
Still no repeat of the problem, despite using various techniques when starting. Let's hope there is a simple solution from Honda. I'd rather not have some guy take the whole radio unit out.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Shiba, how do you get to the screen with your wallpaper? I uploaded a wallpaper to mine, and I saw it in the preview, but I have no clue how to display that screen that just has the wallpaper and clock.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Hey Shiba, how do you get to the screen with your wallpaper? I uploaded a wallpaper to mine, and I saw it in the preview, but I have no clue how to display that screen that just has the wallpaper and clock.
Go to info, wallpaper and clock settings. Scroll through there and you will find it. You have to have the images on a usb drive with jpg extension and you can then upload them.

Last edited by tmfit; 08-07-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tmfit
Go to info, wallpaper and clock settings. Scroll through there and you will find it. You have to have the images on a usb drive with jpg extension and you can then upload them.
I have the images uploaded already, I just don't know how to get to the clock screen that actually shows the wallpaper.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Since lane watch and back up camera are two pretty big reasons I'd upgrade to a 2015, this situation is a total deal breaker. As much as I've gone back and forth about waiting for another year, this problem will surely make me wait. Interested to see what the official solution is now. Yanking out head units sucks. Hopefully just a software fix.

Old 08-08-2014, 03:33 AM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
I have the images uploaded already, I just don't know how to get to the clock screen that actually shows the wallpaper.

Here you go.

Old 08-08-2014, 03:53 AM
Nice F20c wallpaper. I enjoi my F22c everyday.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:21 AM
Thanks for posting Shiba! I was going to post some directions but the video was simpler.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
Since lane watch and back up camera are two pretty big reasons I'd upgrade to a 2015, this situation is a total deal breaker. As much as I've gone back and forth about waiting for another year, this problem will surely make me wait. Interested to see what the official solution is now. Yanking out head units sucks. Hopefully just a software fix.
We have two 2015 Fits, with about 1,200 miles on them, total. This has happened to just one of them - only once. It seems that when it happens, you have to stop and restart the car to get it back to normal. Knowing what I do now, I would definitely get the two Fits if I had it to do over. This is a very minor, very infrequent "problem." You'd be hard pressed to find a better car in the price range, in terms of MPG and features.

Quick Reply: Camera bug?