3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Aftermarket Support?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:17 PM
Aftermarket Support?

I know the car is brand-spankin-new. But I'm not that familiar with how strong the aftermarket support is on prior generations of Fit.

Can I reasonably expect that seat covers, springs, dash kits, etc will be available soon? First to go is going to be my steering wheel and next will be a dash kit to save that shiny black plastic trim.

I had a scion years ago that I had for about 5 years. The aftermarket for that car was really strong so I am hoping the same is true of the fit.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:25 PM
I'm sure all the simple mods will be available soon enough.

GD had a decent aftermarket when it was new
GE still has quite an aftermarket

I wouldn't expect anything super serious but enough to play around a little bit.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:28 PM
I don't expect engine mods but I'd like to see suspension and interior mods sooner rather than later.

Some cars the market is right there for others it can be years before some stuff trickles onto the market. Want to be sure if I buy one that I can start messing with it to fix the things I don't like.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
The aftermarket is already there for Japanese models. If things transfer over....your search will be quick & painless.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
The aftermarket is already there for Japanese models. If things transfer over....your search will be quick & painless.
How do you know? I've been searching but have been unsuccessful. I'm sure there is but am curious as to how you know. I can always use a translator from any language to english.

Honestly, I'm not sitting on a bench waiting for intakes, exhausts, etc cause I'd like to tinker with those myself. Things like lightweight crank pulley, header (Or 1st cat back), etc would be interesting though.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
I have no doubt that a healthy aftermarket will arrive, but does anyone who has owned prior models have a recollection of roughly how long it is before the aftermarket goods start to really show up?

Amazon currently has very little that is for the new model. I'm also watching a couple of the aftermarket floor mat manufacturers (Husky, WeatherTech) for mats as I'd prefer either of those over the OEM version. Further, no hood deflector is available as far as I can tell -- meanwhile, I'm hoping for a few paint chips as possible until one does become available.

I guess this is the tradeoff for buying a totally new model right when it comes out.

I have no idea whether the delay is due simply to the aftermarket vendors having waited until right at the car's release to start setting up manufacturing (or even worse, to start designing the parts) or if they're not even doing that yet -- but instead waiting a while to see how the car sales are doing before committing to it.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
Below companies already offer parts:
Cusco - coilovers, chassis braces, LSD
Tein - coilovers
Mugen - lip kit for JDM bumpers, exterior bits, exhaust, rear fog
Spoon - exhaust, suspension
Project Mu - brakes
Garage Beary - cf hood, cf fenders, lip kit
HKS - exhaust

Last edited by TofuShop; 07-24-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by chrisjones
I have no doubt that a healthy aftermarket will arrive, but does anyone who has owned prior models have a recollection of roughly how long it is before the aftermarket goods start to really show up?

Amazon currently has very little that is for the new model. I'm also watching a couple of the aftermarket floor mat manufacturers (Husky, WeatherTech) for mats as I'd prefer either of those over the OEM version. Further, no hood deflector is available as far as I can tell -- meanwhile, I'm hoping for a few paint chips as possible until one does become available.

I guess this is the tradeoff for buying a totally new model right when it comes out.

I have no idea whether the delay is due simply to the aftermarket vendors having waited until right at the car's release to start setting up manufacturing (or even worse, to start designing the parts) or if they're not even doing that yet -- but instead waiting a while to see how the car sales are doing before committing to it.
On my '09 and '10, it took awhile. For a long time, all we could get was decals and a few bling items. Might be the same for this one. They really aren't hot rods, so suspension mods might be the best way to go. Now if they offered an Si engine.....

Old 07-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
How do you know? I've been searching but have been unsuccessful. I'm sure there is but am curious as to how you know. I can always use a translator from any language to english.

Honestly, I'm not sitting on a bench waiting for intakes, exhausts, etc cause I'd like to tinker with those myself. Things like lightweight crank pulley, header (Or 1st cat back), etc would be interesting though.

http://www.cuscousainc.com/downloads...w_products.pdf

Old 07-24-2014, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx

I know because J's and Spoon already have demo/Super Taikyu cars running about.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:45 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks! This was the type of info I was looking for. A link with product info at the site. Good stuff! (I'm looking for power adders but I'm sure many or most people are looking for suspension mods, etc).

Old 07-26-2014, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
I can't wait for the Weather Tech floor mats

Old 07-27-2014, 02:43 AM
Hey TofuShop can you post up some links?

Last edited by SHIBA; 07-27-2014 at 02:50 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Hmm Does the new Fit have the same engine as the CRZ ? Do you guys think the coming HPD CRZ supercharger will bolt in ?

Old 08-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by Trinzler
Hmm Does the new Fit have the same engine as the CRZ ? Do you guys think the coming HPD CRZ supercharger will bolt in ?
Not even close, the CR-Z has a sohc hybrid engine and we have a dohc engine. Honda CR-Z - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for aftermarket this car already has a pretty good selection (just not available to the US yet) for being a 4 door Eco car. Being a new body style & engine within a year we should start seeing more US manufacturers stepping up. Or at least bring in some overseas products from smaller companies.

Last edited by ArchaicAP2; 08-04-2014 at 07:49 AM.