3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anybody have a 15 black Fit with pics ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Anybody have a 15 black Fit with pics ?

Ive been waiting weeks and weeks for a new fit lol, my local dealer says a black was one is due to arrive next week. Ive seen pics of all the other colors available other than black. I will most likely snag the black one, but i would love to see pics of black fits other members may have.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:18 PM
I do......2015 black EX. It's dark here now but I can post some pics tomorrow. I have yet to introduce myself or the new fit to the boards.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:09 AM
Name:  2GQta1B.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  633.3 KB

Name:  Dn82hES.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  689.6 KB

Heres my black EX!

Old 07-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Are you happy with the black or do you wish that you got a different color?

Old 07-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator
Congrats Shyfly13 and ysocreus on your Blacks. On most cars (except Ferrari - its gotta be RED), nothing looks better than a clean, shiny black.

ysocreus' Black GK's looks deadly!!!

We await Shyfly13's post.

Tell us how you like 'em.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Looks fantastic. i can't wait till next week when i get mine.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Oh, how I love the black! It looks so good! I agree that not many colors look nicer than a freshly washed/detailed black car. I would have gone with black if I could not have found the passion berry pearl.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
. . . On most cars (except Ferrari - its gotta be RED), nothing looks better than a clean, shiny black. . . .
I agree totally, but the downside for me is that it seems like it's just so much trouble to keep them looking that way!

A long time ago (late 70's) a good friend of mine bought a new black Monte Carlo, and when it was clean and shiny it was the best looking car you've ever seen! The problem is that I had a gravel driveway, and all it took was 1 trip down the driveway to get dust all over that that beautiful shine!

Old 07-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Ok. Here she is. I love this car more than I should probably. But oh well......

It's an EX CVT. I've had her for about three weeks now and I'm averaging around 39 MPG. This is my first Fit but not my first Honda.

Sorry about the crappy pics.

[URL=http://s161.photobucket.com/user/shyfly13/media/imagejpg1.jpg.html]Name:  imagejpg1.jpg
Views: 1350
Size:  216.3 KB[/URL

[URL=http://s161.photobucket.com/user/shyfly13/media/imagejpg2.jpg.html]Name:  imagejpg2.jpg
Views: 3069
Size:  230.8 KB[/URL

Old 07-10-2014, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Nice !! All blacked out, tint all around. Im going that same route

Old 07-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator
Absolutely a "stealthy" good looking Fit.

39mpg just reinforces the majority of other MDM GK owners that are getting around the same. This bodes well for all of us.

Three weeks of ownership??? Ya gotta tell us how its treating you so far.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:35 PM
I really love this car. It's so fun to drive and the gas mileage is fantastic. Highest I've seen so far was 42.2. I did a lot of research before I bought it and formed a lot of impressions from that and the initial test drive. Some of my initial observations and how I feel about them now

The CVT....I was worried a little at first about it having a CVT transmission because I had owned a 2010 Ford Focus with one and it was crap. I have been blown away by how much better the Fit's CVT transmission is. It shifts so much more smoothly than my Ford did. The acceleration in nice and smooth.

The arm rest.....I thought this was going to be a big issue for me as my Honda CRV had one. I actually have thought very little about it while driving. If my hand is not on the wheel my arm rests comfortably on my lap or on the gearshifter.

Quality of materials..... So far (it's only 3 weeks) I'm pleased with the interior quality. My one complaint is that the carpet in the hatch seems cheap but I plan on adding a cargo mat and all weather floor mats so hopefully that will help.

Road noise.....at highway speeds I do have to raise the volume on the radio a little. It's not intolerable but it is there and to be expected. I didn't own a previous generation so I can't compare. The CVT noise doesn't really bother me. It there when accelerating and then all quiet at traveling speed.

I traded in a Honda CRV for the Fit and I don't regret it for a minute. The CRV was so boring and just not fun to drive. The Fit is quick and fun!

Let me know if you have specific questions. I'll be glad to answer them if I can

Old 08-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Shyfly, what percentage is the tint on your windows? CT has a crappy law of no less than 35% tint. I was looking to do 20% all around except the windshield & moon roof. I see so many cars rolling around here with limo tint and no one seems to be pulling them over to remove it.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Nice!

Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Shyfly, what percentage is the tint on your windows? CT has a crappy law of no less than 35% tint. I was looking to do 20% all around except the windshield & moon roof. I see so many cars rolling around here with limo tint and no one seems to be pulling them over to remove it.

Looks good! Didn't really notice this about my left foot when driving an auto but I tend to position it below the seat and a little back under it but I guess there's this wall now there other than that it is fun to drive.

Funny thing is I'm actually getting my widows tinted (35%) all around at this very moment. Wish I could have gone darker.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:47 PM
yea im coming from a 8th gen civic and the wall by the heel of your feet are annoying as fuck lol so now i just put my feet on top of it with my seat all the way back, pretty comfortable. also getting 35% all around

Old 08-20-2014, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chazmr
I agree totally, but the downside for me is that it seems like it's just so much trouble to keep them looking that way!
Mine doesn't even make it home from the carwash before I'm already seeing spots of dirt and such on it. It absolutely shows every little bit of dust. After a few days it looks like I haven't washed it in weeks.

As for the other common complaint of a black car, getting hotter inside, I'm not really sure that I'm noticing this as being particularly worse than the red Sonata or the silver Accord Coupe that I had. All of them got damn hot inside when they were sitting out in the sun.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Yeah Connecticut law limits tint to 35% all around the car. No tint on the windshield, but the rear most window can be as dark as you want it. You can get it at 20% for example but you need a medical exemption if you have a condition such as photophobia. All you need is a doctors note, the DMV gives you the exemption and you must carry that certificate in the car at all times.

I've never had tint on any of my cars before. It would have to be an upgrade that would grow on me. For ~$130 bucks or less I can get the car done. Still debating.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah Connecticut law limits tint to 35% all around the car. No tint on the windshield, but the rear most window can be as dark as you want it. You can get it at 20% for example but you need a medical exemption if you have a condition such as photophobia. All you need is a doctors note, the DMV gives you the exemption and you must carry that certificate in the car at all times.

I've never had tint on any of my cars before. It would have to be an upgrade that would grow on me. For ~$130 bucks or less I can get the car done. Still debating.
If you're able to afford it without straining your wallet too much, it is a good upgrade to have. It does help keep the car a bit cooler, gives more sense of privacy because people cannot just glance at your car and easily see everything (not that they can't see in if looking to see in), and it cuts the brightness some when driving on a very sunny day.

Be careful to get the sort of tint that doesn't have metallic stuff in it. I forget what that and the right kind are called. I'm understanding that the metallic type can interfere with bluetooth somehow.

Sadly, I'm not entirely sure that they've put the right tint on my car. I was expecting 35% and it just doesn't seem as dark as I was expecting 35% to be. I wonder if there is an easy way of figuring out the level of what's on my car. Anybody know a way?

Old 08-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by chrisjones
Be careful to get the sort of tint that doesn't have metallic stuff in it. I forget what that and the right kind are called. I'm understanding that the metallic type can interfere with bluetooth somehow.

Sadly, I'm not entirely sure that they've put the right tint on my car. I was expecting 35% and it just doesn't seem as dark as I was expecting 35% to be. I wonder if there is an easy way of figuring out the level of what's on my car. Anybody know a way?

The only way to know for sure is to get a tint meter, it measures the opacity of the glass and spits out a percentage number. Some police actually carry this machine with them during traffic stops. May want to call your local police department and see if they have one, or the shop you get it done at should have one too.

here is the meter in action and how cops use it.

I'll check to see how much the job will cost. I'm just not completely convinced about it yet if its an upgrade I even want.

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 08-21-2014 at 01:28 PM. Reason: video link
Old 08-23-2014, 02:46 PM

It's 20%. 35 just wasn't dark enough for me