3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Floor Liner Mats

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
Silly question!

About how much would you guys say your floor mats weigh in total? A guesstimate is fine.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:30 AM
m_x
Just to add to the discussion, I just ordered the OEM mats from amazon for $97, total shipped. I will update when they arrive.

I had flipped my carpeted mats over to protect the top side, but it looks cheesy. I didn't want to wait anymore.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Weather Tech response from this morning:

I took a look at my system for you and it is showing that these are still in design as of right now, that usually takes about 6-8 weeks when we see that, so these may be out mid-September or early October.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:48 AM
I received the following message from U-Ace concerning the 3d Floormat rebadged as Aries, etc:

I spoke with our Product Team and we have not yet measured the 2015 Honda Fit. They told me that if they are able to get that done this week, we are looking at a 3 month production at least, followed by actual delivery of the item to our warehouse.

Just to be safe, I would say 5 months from now.
This was received on August 11th, so I guess this means by mid January 2015, we might have this option available?

Old 08-27-2014, 05:01 PM
m_x
Hey all, just got my OEM all-weathers in the mail. I ordered from Amazon for a total of $97 and some change...

Overall, I really like them. They fit so perfectly that its basically like installing a hard floor in the car. They are molded to fit every bump and crevasse and they give good coverage of the carpeted areas, which helps that "hard floor" effect. The material feels thick and durable. I didn't weigh them but I would say each mat is between 5-10lbs. Front driver mat uses the locks on the floor and the rest have little spikes (maybe 1/8 inch long) on the bottoms to hold them in place.

The rear mats are big and extend under the front seats, which I like. They fit snugly against the seat bracket on the floor. My one complaint is that they don't cover the center hump on the floor in the rear. I didn't expect them to, but I had seen a few mats for the older Fits where the back mat was one piece that covered the whole floor and thought that would be better. Now that I actually got them and put them in in the, I REALLY think it would be better if they covered that center part.

Anyway just my 2 cents. For $100, I don't imagine I will replace them unless the need replacing, which they probably won't. All things considered, it was a nice addition. I'd post pics but they make it so dang difficult on here...

Old 09-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Nice looking car mat - where did you get it?

Originally Posted by JediPat
I just have this one on hand.

I like this one! Where did you get it and what is the part number? Is this one from WeatherTec or is it a genuine Honda part? Thanks.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by m_x
Hey all, just got my OEM all-weathers in the mail. I ordered from Amazon for a total of $97 and some change...

Overall, I really like them. They fit so perfectly that its basically like installing a hard floor in the car. They are molded to fit every bump and crevasse and they give good coverage of the carpeted areas, which helps that "hard floor" effect. The material feels thick and durable. I didn't weigh them but I would say each mat is between 5-10lbs. Front driver mat uses the locks on the floor and the rest have little spikes (maybe 1/8 inch long) on the bottoms to hold them in place.

The rear mats are big and extend under the front seats, which I like. They fit snugly against the seat bracket on the floor. My one complaint is that they don't cover the center hump on the floor in the rear. I didn't expect them to, but I had seen a few mats for the older Fits where the back mat was one piece that covered the whole floor and thought that would be better. Now that I actually got them and put them in in the, I REALLY think it would be better if they covered that center part.

Anyway just my 2 cents. For $100, I don't imagine I will replace them unless the need replacing, which they probably won't. All things considered, it was a nice addition. I'd post pics but they make it so dang difficult on here...
Thanks for the info. Do you have a picture you could post? Also, could you provide the model number and link for them? I want to order some today. Thanks.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:17 PM
m_x
I would love to share pics, but I haven't figured out how haha.

Robot Check Robot Check
^link. They are listed at $88 but the shipping will bump it up to around $97. That's the seller I got them from.

Part number was 08P13-T5A-110.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by m_x
I would love to share pics, but I haven't figured out how haha.

Robot Check
^link. They are listed at $88 but the shipping will bump it up to around $97. That's the seller I got them from.

Part number was 08P13-T5A-110.

I bought these exact mats from this seller as well, they are genuine Honda parts, they are the exact same thing you can get from the dealer, just cheaper.

I also bought the cargo tray from the same seller and it works great as well but it is a different material. The floor mats are rubbery and the cargo tray is a harder plastic (I was hoping for rubbery). Also, the cargo tray shipped rolled up and I had to set it out overnight with some heavy things on it and working the edges with my hands to get them to form back.

Overall I am very happy with both purchases, especially for the discounted price!

Something that influenced my purchase was speaking with the dealer, my sales guy told me that if I found genuine honda parts elsewhere (online) for cheaper than they get them for to go ahead and buy them because apparently unless it's a LARGE dealer they don;t get much of a discount. For comparison the dealer I bought from had about 47 units on the lot.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by hellgiver
I bought these exact mats from this seller as well, they are genuine Honda parts, they are the exact same thing you can get from the dealer, just cheaper.

I also bought the cargo tray from the same seller and it works great as well but it is a different material. The floor mats are rubbery and the cargo tray is a harder plastic (I was hoping for rubbery). Also, the cargo tray shipped rolled up and I had to set it out overnight with some heavy things on it and working the edges with my hands to get them to form back.

Overall I am very happy with both purchases, especially for the discounted price!

Something that influenced my purchase was speaking with the dealer, my sales guy told me that if I found genuine honda parts elsewhere (online) for cheaper than they get them for to go ahead and buy them because apparently unless it's a LARGE dealer they don;t get much of a discount. For comparison the dealer I bought from had about 47 units on the lot.
Thanks! I think once there are more 2015 Honda Fits on the road, you'll see more competition for floor mats (all weather) from Weathertec, Aries and U-ace. None of them have the 2015 floor mat models for the Fit.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by hellgiver

I bought these too along with the cargo liner. When I contacted WT the said maybe February I can't wait that long. I offered to drive my car out there if they cut me a deal since the factory is close to me but they said they can't do that