3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

EX + Leather?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 12:23 AM
EX + Leather?

Is there any way to get leather seats in the manual transmission EX? Is there more than one way? What are my options?

Old 07-06-2014, 01:05 AM
You options are EX-L or EX-L Navi with a CVT or get a manual and put leather in it aftermarket

Old 07-06-2014, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by amy_wilhelmina
You options are EX-L or EX-L Navi with a CVT or get a manual and put leather in it aftermarket
What I mean is, what are my options for getting leather seats in an EX (sorry if that wasn't clear).

How does one "put leather in it aftermarket"? Do I buy third-party branded seats and replace the factory ones? If so, which brands are recommended? Do I get the seats custom re-upholstered with leather? If so, who is the most reputable, and are they able to match the look of the EX-L seats identically? Or can I just buy EX-L seats as a sort of "replacement part" and use install them in place of the factory seats?

That's what I mean by what are my options.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:13 AM
Ah, whoops! People around here seem to like Clazzio's although it will be some time before they offer 2015 Fit covers. I don't think leather seat covers will ever look the same as built in, just a different look. Having them reupholstered would look good but I would imagine it is crazy expensive, as Clazzio's covers are already something like $500.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by amy_wilhelmina
Ah, whoops! People around here seem to like Clazzio's although it will be some time before they offer 2015 Fit covers. I don't think leather seat covers will ever look the same as built in, just a different look. Having them reupholstered would look good but I would imagine it is crazy expensive, as Clazzio's covers are already something like $500.
Unfortunately those are just seat covers... I'm interested in getting proper leather seats, either stock replacement seats from the EX-L or some reputable aftermarket solution.

A couple dealers have told me that they have arrangements with vendors who can install leather seats for like $1000, but not on the new Honda Fit because it's too new. Are they talking about re-upholstering the seats or putting on some covers like this Clazzio thing? If they're talking about re-upholstering, I'm happy to wait until vendors start offering it for the new Fit, if people agree that dealer-vendor aftermarket leather seats usually turn out really nice.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:27 AM
After market, yes. But be careful on the company that will put them on. Make sure the air bags still work.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by SR45
After market, yes. But be careful on the company that will put them on. Make sure the air bags still work.
Please excuse my ignorance, but exactly what people mean by "aftermarket" is what I've been trying to figure out. Are you referring to:

- a brand that makes complete replacement seats
or
- a local company that re-upholsters my existing seats

In either case, are then any specific, reputable vendors that you can recommend? I wouldn't mind getting the factory cloth seats re-upholstered, if I could be assured it would look identical to (or better than) the EX-L seats with at least that level of craftsmanship and quality.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:41 PM
EO = Factory
OEM = Manufacture that made the OE part
Aftermarket= Neither OE or OEM

Old 07-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by mecevans
EO = Factory
OEM = Manufacture that made the OE part
Aftermarket= Neither OE or OEM
Ok that makes sense. Thanks!

So if anyone knows has any suggestions regarding re-upholstering or purchasing complete replacement seats, I'm all ears.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by newhere
. . . A couple dealers have told me that they have arrangements with vendors who can install leather seats for like $1000, but not on the new Honda Fit because it's too new . . .

I was at a local dealer yesterday to put a deposit down on an EX that is supposed to be here in a few weeks. While I was there I asked if they had sold the blue LX they had earlier in the week, since that was the only blue Fit, and the only LX in the region. He said not yet, but that there was somebody there trying to buy it that afternoon. But "they wanted leather seats and that would cost another $ 1,200". I didn't ask any details so I don't know how they were going to put leather in it. I just thought it was curious.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by chazmr
I was at a local dealer yesterday to put a deposit down on an EX that is supposed to be here in a few weeks. While I was there I asked if they had sold the blue LX they had earlier in the week, since that was the only blue Fit, and the only LX in the region. He said not yet, but that there was somebody there trying to buy it that afternoon. But "they wanted leather seats and that would cost another $ 1,200". I didn't ask any details so I don't know how they were going to put leather in it. I just thought it was curious.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. If you happen to get curious and find out details, feel free to post them here. I'll be calling around some time this week.

On another note, I took a second look at the Clazzio seat covers. While they look decent, they aren't proper upholstering so I'd only get them reluctantly. Good thing I have a little over a year to see how my options develop.