3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Reasons I think I will get the LX

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Reasons I think I will get the LX

Ok, I have decided to just learn to live with the "no arm rest" thing and just get used to it. So, with that being said, I thought it was a NO BRAINER that I would get the 2015 Fit EX in black. Then I started to put some thought into it and here is what I came to. I only buy black cars, and once I buy them I immediately get aftermarket gloss black wheels put on and get the car tinted.
So, I started thinking, why not get the LX since I am dumping the wheels any way, I HATE sunroofs and would never even open the sunroof screen. I really like having a volume knob for my stereo and the LX comes with a nice big knob
I MUST MUST have a back up camera,(because I black out the windows) and I see the LX comes with the same mulit angle camera system just with a 5" screen. I don't EVER use fog lights, and with black cars the missing fog lights actually look cool. You don't get the chrome bar on the front grill with the LX, BUT on the Honda web site they sell a really cool sport grill for $295.00. I honestly don't really want or need the touch screen, I just listen to the fm radio and I bluetooth stream all my music, like sirus, ect.. from my iphone. I really think the LX might be the best way for me to go and I will save some cash, ANY THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS on what I might be missing, ect...?

Old 07-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Sounds solid, except your plan to tint your windows until you cannot safely see out of them.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:45 PM
BMO
Don't know if this is what you're planning or not, but FYI that HondaLink will only work with EX+ models, not LX. You can certainly still use your iPhone with the LX, just not through HondaLink.

Other small point: all models have a backup camera, but EX+ has dynamic guidelines, LX is static. May or may not matter to you.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I also decided that the features on the EX aren't worth the price. I would rather spend the money and get my own wheels and a new sound system. Also the sunroof noticeably cuts into your headroom.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by BMO
Don't know if this is what you're planning or not, but FYI that HondaLink will only work with EX+ models, not LX. You can certainly still use your iPhone with the LX, just not through HondaLink.

Other small point: all models have a backup camera, but EX+ has dynamic guidelines, LX is static. May or may not matter to you.
Hello, I have NO idea what hondalink is, I just need bluetooth streaming for music which the LX comes with. As for the moving guidelines that means absolutely nothing to me, my car now has lines that don't move and I LOVE IT.
With the size of the fit the moving guidelines won't be needed at all.
Thanks for your input!

Old 07-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by amy_wilhelmina
Sounds solid, except your plan to tint your windows until you cannot safely see out of them.
Hey, in Ohio you can do whatever you want to your windows as long as the two front windows are no less than 50%. My cars back window is 5% now and it is fine to see out of, it is just that at night I find it such a help when backing up to have the camera. I could be fine without the camera, BUT since they are something we have now I will NOT buy a car without one. Anyone that has not had a car with a backup camera will NEVER want to go back to a car without one once they have one, with all the crazy new features out today the backup camera to me is the best.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitnew
Ok, I have decided to just learn to live with the "no arm rest" thing and just get used to it. So, with that being said, I thought it was a NO BRAINER that I would get the 2015 Fit EX in black. Then I started to put some thought into it and here is what I came to. I only buy black cars, and once I buy them I immediately get aftermarket gloss black wheels put on and get the car tinted.
So, I started thinking, why not get the LX since I am dumping the wheels any way, I HATE sunroofs and would never even open the sunroof screen. I really like having a volume knob for my stereo and the LX comes with a nice big knob
I MUST MUST have a back up camera,(because I black out the windows) and I see the LX comes with the same mulit angle camera system just with a 5" screen. I don't EVER use fog lights, and with black cars the missing fog lights actually look cool. You don't get the chrome bar on the front grill with the LX, BUT on the Honda web site they sell a really cool sport grill for $295.00. I honestly don't really want or need the touch screen, I just listen to the fm radio and I bluetooth stream all my music, like sirus, ect.. from my iphone. I really think the LX might be the best way for me to go and I will save some cash, ANY THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS on what I might be missing, ect...?
I like your points. I didn't realize the LX had a volume knob instead of the touchscreen control. Nice.

Stuff you may have missed?
Better Gas mileage out of the LX.

Old 07-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Sounds like you're an LX buyer all right!

I'm in the same camp. I want the headroom and volume knob and would rather have 15" wheels for better ride. Fog lights are silly here in SoCal unless you live right on the beach. I prefer white cars and the little trim strips front and back will look just fine in black.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:41 PM
If only I could get the LX with leather!

Old 07-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Ocanler
If only I could get the LX with leather!
You can. Buy Clazzio's!!! Lotsa fellow GD and GE FF owners swear by it. Talked with them yesterday and the mold for the US GK should be out in the next couple of months. They've been getting tons of inquiries.

Not that I'm getting leather (not with our sun). My nephew's GF in Boston needs some new wheels and is so taken with his '13 GE she's seriously thinking about an EX-L (has heated seats).

Old 07-04-2014, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
I like your reasoning too. I could probably be just as happy with the LX as with the EX; the only things I'd really miss are the alloy wheels and the upgraded audio system.

Does anyone know how easy it will be to upgrade the speakers in the Fit? More to the point, is the LX already pre-wired to add tweeters?

Old 07-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Yat
The only thing I like in EX is the alloy wheel and the lanewatch.
But I think I can stand w/o it, or buy the alloy myself.

one question: does the LX backup camera has the assisting thingy? (when you turn the lines on the screen move to that way)
I tested drive once, but didn't pay attention to that part. What I remember is they don't have any color, just yellow which is kinda useless.

UPDATE: ok post #3 has the answer..which is the only con for me

Last edited by Yat; 07-04-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Yat
The only thing I like in EX is the alloy wheel and the lanewatch.
But I think I can stand w/o it, or buy the alloy myself.

one question: does the LX backup camera has the assisting thingy? (when you turn the lines on the screen move to that way)
I tested drive once, but didn't pay attention to that part. What I remember is they don't have any color, just yellow which is kinda useless.

UPDATE: ok post #3 has the answer..which is the only con for me
That question was already asks/answered above, and no, the LX has a static line back up camera, and no one really needs the other. Turned mine off to be static only. Had this on my Civic, and it works just fine.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Ok, I have decided to just learn to live with the "no arm rest" thing and just get used to it.

The LX doesn't have an armrest?? I thought it was established that it did.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by ncoflin
The LX doesn't have an armrest?? I thought it was established that it did.
Yes, the LX has the EXACT same armrest as the EX, the problem is that the armrest is absolutely useless, and I do mean USELESS. Your elbow/arm can not reach the arm rest so it is in essence like not having one.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, the LX has the EXACT same armrest as the EX, the problem is that the armrest is absolutely useless, and I do mean USELESS. Your elbow/arm can not reach the arm rest so it is in essence like not having one.
Try purchasing the mechanical elbow/arm extender from the Honda accessory store. It'll provide your elbow/arm the much needed reach, support and comfort that it needs.