3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

LX v EX seat cloth quality?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 01:02 AM
Question LX v EX seat cloth quality?

I am really torn between the LX and EX model. The price difference is pretty significant and the more I think about things like HondaLink, sports mode, moonroof, push button start and larger wheels etc the less important they seem to me. I even prefer the look of black instead of chrome on the back of the Fit on the LX over the EX in addition to it's slightly better gas mileage. I guess I'm a very simple type of guy who is drawn to simple things.

My question is, I notice the cloth seats look different between LX and EX. Is there a difference in quality of the cloth in these seats or is it aesthetics alone?

Old 06-20-2014, 01:25 AM
Alloy wheels, 6-speaker stereo, sunroof, keyless entry, etc. Thats a heck of alot of features for only $1900 more.

Thats like what $25 more a month on your payment?

Old 06-20-2014, 01:28 AM
Yes. Not a bad value at all. But when you just assume a lot/most of those features are not things you are concerned about and some may even just lead to more things breaking as car ages (I plan on keeping this thing for years) its money I could just save.

I am just curious about the seating cloth quality between the two. That is a basic thing that could factor more into my decision considering I am most concerned with the longevity of the car.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:37 AM
As far as I know the difference in the fabric is only a difference in the pattern (used, among other things, to give the EX a different look from the LX).

I don't think there is a difference in the quality of the upholstery.
I've seen both the EX and LX in person, but unfortunately wasn't able to sit in them both - so I can't really give you a first person opinion on it. I can tell you that they looked to be of the same exact quality.

But, it would seems as if Honda would have included something in the EX literature to denote higher quality materials if there were any. That definitely isn't conclusive - but it would seem odd for them to put higher quality seats in the EX but not mention it in the list of EX 'upgrades.'

Just my 2 cents.
Also, I actually like the look of the LX cloth.
That pattern on the EX is a bit goofy in my opinion.
That isn't a comment on whether or not the EX is worth the added cost, just a comment on the upholstery.

As far as whether or not the EX is "worth" $1900 more or not... that is obviously a personal opinion.
It will be worth it to some, and not worth it to others.
Do whatever makes sense for you.

Last edited by AustinDriver; 06-20-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by mecevans
Alloy wheels, 6-speaker stereo, sunroof, keyless entry, etc. Thats a heck of alot of features for only $1900 more.

Thats like what $25 more a month on your payment?
Not everyone wants alloys. Some prefer the smaller steel wheels with taller sidewall tires for a softer ride. Others prefer to choose their own wheels. I'll bet the steel wheels are lighter, too!

Some view the sunroof as a potential roof leak and don't want to give up headroom for it.

The LX does have keyless entry and, unlike the higher models, the ability to unlock the car without touching it. You can also easily unlock the passenger door with a second push of the button which is handy when your passenger is preceding you to the car. What you don't get is push button start.

And, you get a volume knob!

Old 06-20-2014, 10:51 PM
i also prefer the lx.

the stereo difference is nothing. the wattage they advertise is peak power of all the speakers added up together. the lx 40 watts peak per channel and like 15 watts rms (continuous) per channel. 4 speakers x 40 peak wattage gives you the 160 watts they claim it the stereo has.

ex with 6 speakers and 180 watts makes me think they are tweeters with only 10 more watts peak per speaker and running at a much lower rms wattage. otherwise the other 4 would have to be worse peak wattage speakers than you get in the lx.

and if you want any decent sound you're going to need to replace the head unit and probably get and external amp + new speakers anyways.

as for the sunroof that's just personal taste. i don't look up while i drive.

so for me it's 1900$ for wheels. I'd rather just pick some out on my own

also I may be a bit picky about it but i hate the blind spot camera wart under the passenger mirror on the ex and ex-l. i'd forever have to avoid taking pictures of that side of the car because it's not aesthetically pleasing. neither is chrome trim for that matter. imo.

Last edited by itsmycookie; 06-20-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by itsmycookie
i also prefer the lx.

the stereo difference is nothing. the wattage they advertise is peak power of all the speakers added up together. the lx 40 watts peak per channel and like 15 watts rms (continuous) per channel. 4 speakers x 40 peak wattage gives you the 160 watts they claim it the stereo has.

ex with 6 speakers and 180 watts makes me think they are tweeters with only 10 more watts peak per speaker and running at a much lower rms wattage. otherwise the other 4 would have to be worse peak wattage speakers than you get in the lx.

and if you want any decent sound you're going to need to replace the head unit and probably get and external amp + new speakers anyways.

as for the sunroof that's just personal taste. i don't look up while i drive.

so for me it's 1900$ for wheels. I'd rather just pick some out on my own

also I may be a bit picky about it but i hate the blind spot camera wart under the passenger mirror on the ex and ex-l. i'd forever have to avoid taking pictures of that side of the car because it's not aesthetically pleasing. neither is chrome trim for that matter. imo.
You make a solid argument for the lx. I don't mind the ex rims, but id still want nicer aftermarkets most likely. So you just made me think twice. Thanks

Old 06-21-2014, 12:55 AM
For every $1000.00 you add to the car is average of 20.00/mo on the payment. The EX gives a lot more options for $38/mo more.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
For every $1000.00 you add to the car is average of 20.00/mo on the payment. The EX gives a lot more options for $38/mo more.
This has been established and I think everyone agrees that if the upgrades the EX model offers you are upgrades you like, the value is very good. However, some people do not care for these "extras" on a car and just assume not spend any more, despite how little more a month it may be. A very good case has been made in previous post on this thread of why someone may choose the LX over the EX.

I just wish I could see a good picture online of the interior (including seats) of the LX model. All the pictures I can find of interiors are on the EX models

Old 06-21-2014, 02:05 AM
ptt
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
Let's see...

DO NOT WANT!
- seven-inch touch screen - I've had steering wheel radio controls for 12 years in my 2002 VW Passat. I almost never use them. I use the dial. I like dials. And after reading the reviews of the touch screen system, I know that it would annoy the h*ll out of me for as long as I owned the car.

Do not want
- moonroof - Have one in the Passat. Almost never open it. I would rather have the 1 1/2 inches of head room.

Don't care
- fog lights
- Pandora compatibility
- HDMI port
- 180-watt six-speaker stereo

Want but can buy for LX
- tie-down anchors in the trunk
- floor mats

Want
- Smart Entry system
- push-button ignition

So the question is less of money and more of "do I want the keyless entry enough to put up with the touch screen?" It took about 3 seconds to make that decision. LX it is!

Old 06-21-2014, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by ptt
So the question is less of money and more of "do I want the keyless entry enough to put up with the touch screen?" It took about 3 seconds to make that decision. LX it is!
LX comes with remote entry.

smart entry is the thing that detects the fob when you're close and unlocks the doors when you pull the handle or will let you lock the car with the button on the outside of the door handle.

accord handle with the smart entry
Name:  wiJTUZv.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  9.7 KB

Last edited by itsmycookie; 06-21-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by ptt
Let's see...

DO NOT WANT!
- seven-inch touch screen - I've had steering wheel radio controls for 12 years in my 2002 VW Passat. I almost never use them. I use the dial. I like dials. And after reading the reviews of the touch screen system, I know that it would annoy the h*ll out of me for as long as I owned the car.
Also, I understand even the LX has a backup camera. Where does that show up if there is no seven-inch touch screen in the LX?

Old 06-21-2014, 02:56 AM
Originally Posted by ncoflin
Also, I understand even the LX has a backup camera. Where does that show up if there is no seven-inch touch screen in the LX?
5 inch color lcd screen.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by itsmycookie
5 inch color lcd screen.
Oh okay. One LAST question about the LX (feel like I am hijacking my own thread here, but almost all the pictures and video I see are of the EX or EX-L).

Does the LX have a center armrest as well?

Old 06-21-2014, 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by ncoflin
Oh okay. One LAST question about the LX (feel like I am hijacking my own thread here, but almost all the pictures and video I see are of the EX or EX-L).

Does the LX have a center armrest as well?
Yes it does.

I personally am looking to buy the 2015 Fit EX. Probably by the end of year.