3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

JediPat's 2015 Fit EX-L

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Ps.The darker the better. lol

Last edited by hayabusa12; 07-04-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Anyways, back on topic please. Thanks for the kind words folks, and thanks for the video Myxalplyx.

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
As for the 'driving this thing is a blast' part on the CVT transmission, could you be more detailed? I'm excited about trying this new technology but comments like that vs all the negative press I've been reading on CVTs (Especially Nissan) is enlightening. What do you like about the Honda Fit CVT in particular? Any thoughts on when you go WOT (Wide Open Throttle)?
I like that its not the usual slush box you think of when it comes to a Honda auto transmission. I work for Toyota and the Corolla has had these for a year now, they are just such a smooth running...sometimes high revving, transmission. Honda did an amazing job with the CVT they are using, its actually been out in the mother land for a year on the 2014 Jazz. I liked how zippy it felt, even always being in eco mode, it just bites down ad goes when you tell it to. It cruises nicely, I set cruise control most of the trip from 65-80 mph, ran nice and quiet with no dramatic downshifts for minor hills and inclines. I really only dont like the paddle shifters, they are a waste of space. Sorry I cant be more descriptive.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Hi Pat,

Were you up around 29 Palms or the Palm Springs area in Cali? When my mom was still alive, I usta drive from Phoenix to LA, and go thru areas like that. Sometimes you see some strange things in the desert.......

Old 07-05-2014, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JediPat
I like that its not the usual slush box you think of when it comes to a Honda auto transmission. I work for Toyota and the Corolla has had these for a year now, they are just such a smooth running...sometimes high revving, transmission. Honda did an amazing job with the CVT they are using, its actually been out in the mother land for a year on the 2014 Jazz. I liked how zippy it felt, even always being in eco mode, it just bites down ad goes when you tell it to. It cruises nicely, I set cruise control most of the trip from 65-80 mph, ran nice and quiet with no dramatic downshifts for minor hills and inclines. I really only dont like the paddle shifters, they are a waste of space. Sorry I cant be more descriptive.
Thanks! I'm practically foaming at the mouth now. *sigh* I need my LX NOW.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:33 PM
I see these set ups on many makes of cars now-a-days, a little bit of dirt and pebble action goes on but nothing serious. Those are there to protect your underside, not cause harm. They are a PITA when it comes time for a service though.
Thanks for that info. Hey, while your car was up, did you notice your muffler having a dark brown discoloring between the end of the tail pipe and the head of the muffler where the tail pipe begins? I hope I described the location correctly.

Yesterday I noticed a dis-colorization underneath the muffler after 1 week worth of driving. The color looked like almost a burnt color, like yelowish dark brown. I wonder if that's normal for mufflers to get like that or if I should take it back to the dealer for inspection. Thanks.

P.S. That was 1 week of driving as I mentioned, maybe you lift it up earlier than that, can you check again and see if you notice what I've described? Or if anyone else reading this, if you can spare a minute and check. I just want to make sure I'm not the only one that is noticing this. It can easily be spotted if you peak from behind of your car under the right corner bumper.

Last edited by MyFit15; 07-06-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:00 AM
I would chalk the discoloring up to the heat of the exhaust, mine is doing the same. Its common.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:16 AM
I had some spare time after work yesterday so I washed the Fit. With a little over 3k miles on it now I almost cried when I found this little bastard on the hood.

Name:  20140804_172213_zpsqowbuuh0.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  140.7 KB

Old 08-05-2014, 09:21 AM
That sucks I just ordered a bottle of touch up paint yesterday. The wife had put a scratch on the back bumper putting her sisters wheelchair in the back. Once the first scratch is in it gets easier :-/

Old 08-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Its such a dramatic close up but it still hurts me to see it, lol. I will get my touchup paint ordered this weekend. I guess I will try out a spray on bra too.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
I had some spare time after work yesterday so I washed the Fit. With a little over 3k miles on it now I almost cried when I found this little bastard on the hood.

I don't know if the car just has thin paint or not but I have a chip too. And i barely drive highway. 250 miles in. Time will tell.