3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

JediPat's 2015 Fit EX-L

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Sorry for the lack of activity...I have been a bit busy. The fit has almost 3k miles on it now after out trip. I averaged some amazing numbers, from 40-47 mpgs.

Strike a pose. A cool picture from our Cali trip.

Name:  20140622_101306_zps7dnyz3e0.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  138.0 KB
Name:  20140622_101321_zpshuxewmiu.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  143.1 KB

Also I little goody I ordered, just because I like to look.

Name:  20140703_174209_zps6lvfgaxh.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  82.3 KB
Name:  20140703_174315_zpsg01zw5z2.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  85.0 KB
Name:  20140703_174622_zpslzo0zolo.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  107.3 KB
Name:  20140703_174657_zpspa9gyyzy.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  95.2 KB

The gas mileage this thing gets is amazing, but I have to say the CVT makes driving this thing a blast. Its a whole new way to enjoy an automatic.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Just like you JediPat, I am planning on keeping records about almost everything regarding the car. Also we're keeping a strict no eating in vehicle rule, which we haven't before.

What kinds of records will you be keeping?

Old 07-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Drove that same car last week

Last edited by hayabusa12; 07-04-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by JediPat
......3k miles on it now after out trip..........averaged.......40-47 mpgs......amazing........the CVT makes driving this thing a blast. Its a whole new way to enjoy an automatic.
Amazing???

More like spectacular especially if you had the a/c on. Glad your views on the CVT are growing positive. Keep on driving and will watch for future posts.

BTW, with 3k under your belt, has that low center armrest become a growing irritant???

Another thing, can definitely see Mugen skirts in your future!!! Lets see if you can control the urge!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 07-03-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Jedipat, did you happen to see the oil filter while you had it on the rack? If so, do you think it would be accessible without being on a rack...as in lying on ones back on a concrete driveway with an outstretched arm?

Old 07-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by Raziaar
Just like you JediPat, I am planning on keeping records about almost everything regarding the car. Also we're keeping a strict no eating in vehicle rule, which we haven't before.

What kinds of records will you be keeping?
The family left vacation crumbles all over the seats, good thing leather cleans easily. I will be keeping any and every piece of paperwork I end up having that has anything to do with this car, also I will be collecting any ad stuff I can.

Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Amazing???

More like spectacular especially if you had the a/c on. Glad your views on the CVT are growing positive. Keep on driving and will watch for future posts.

BTW, with 3k under your belt, has that low center armrest become a growing irritant???

Another thing, can definitely see Mugen skirts in your future!!! Lets see if you can control the urge!!!
I drove the first little bit of the trip without ac, after I turned it on I didnt notice a drop in the gas mileage so I rocked it the whole rest of the trip. The center console hasn't giving me any issues so far, its been a good fit for me in the Fit so far.

I have found 2 flaws so far, I noticed a area of my steering wheel garnish is wonky and there is a stitch poking out on the passenger front seat. Also when we left for the trip we loaded the car up and about 15 miles in my TPMS light came one. I freaked out, pulled over, checked pressure...I was fine. Turns out I had to recalibrate the system real quick to account for the added load.

Originally Posted by kaymack
Jedipat, did you happen to see the oil filter while you had it on the rack? If so, do you think it would be accessible without being on a rack...as in lying on ones back on a concrete driveway with an outstretched arm?
The undercover has it all covered up so I could not tell you either way.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by hayabusa12
Drove that same car last week, not bad but overpriced if you ask me, when I got back in my 99 jimmy it was quiet and road smoother, cars prices are way out of control.
MSRP on a 1999 Jimmy when it came out is about the same for a base model 4X4 as it is for the fully loaded 2015 Fit with Navi...

So car prices are not as out of control as you think. Plus you are shopping the new car market instead of the used? You said you inherited your car so you are used to not paying much if anything most likely at least in the past few years (Maybe longer, I don't know?). I would shop used and for an older car to reduce sticker shock.

Also I am not sure why you are comparing drive and road noise of a fairly large SUV to a subcompact hatchback. The Fit is a good all around "fit" for the money, not a miracle. Of course it does not drive like an SUV... because it isn't.

Last edited by amy_wilhelmina; 07-04-2014 at 02:28 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:03 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by hayabusa12; 07-04-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:15 AM
Accord sport

Last edited by hayabusa12; 07-04-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Accord sport with the discount maybe I test drive one for 21/22 but fit for that kind of coin, until they raise that arm rest and find the gear ratio for that 6 speed I'm sticking to my guns.

Really Honda a 6 speed that's geared the same as you older 5 speed so you want me to shift more and still have a high revving engine when that's the time I would want to kick it in o/d and chill.
Different needs for different people. I too considered the Accord Sport with the 6sp but it's just too big of a car for my needs. The choice is coming down to a Fit EX 6sp or a Civic Si.

Regarding the gearing on the Fit manual, you have to consider that a Fit is not a long haul cruiser. It's a city car, a commuter car. It's designed to be efficient moving or sitting still in traffic, not running 75+ on the interstate regularly. I think the gearing is for making city or slow around town driving easier in a manual.

Cars of old were heavier, not as rigid, and rode with comfort as priority... not handling or safety.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:06 AM
My jimmy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by hayabusa12; 07-04-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:10 AM
And my jimmy

Last edited by hayabusa12; 07-04-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Dont know how I have managed to miss this post all this time! Congrats on the purchase it is a beauty! 40-47 mpg is awesome!

Old 07-04-2014, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
I will snap some pics tomorrow, thanks for clarifying.

Anyone else notice the engine idle noise...its rather tingy/ticky. Just wondering if I am knitpicking.
See this video -->

Much thanks to the pics of the underside. It convinces me that at least from the cat back, the piping looks good. I will be changing out the muffler for a straight through unit though, albeit a same size or larger straight through muffler (Same size diameter piping as stock though). I'm not one for loud buzzing noise from the exhaust. Only a performance gain. I'm almost positive that once that muffler is removed, the piping will not be straight through. The exhaust piping already appears to have more than enough bends in it already. I don't want the exhaust velocity slowing down any more than it has too.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry for the lack of activity...I have been a bit busy. The fit has almost 3k miles on it now after out trip. I averaged some amazing numbers, from 40-47 mpgs.

Strike a pose. A cool picture from our Cali trip.

The gas mileage this thing gets is amazing, but I have to say the CVT makes driving this thing a blast. Its a whole new way to enjoy an automatic.
Also, thanks for posting up the Mugen catalog. I'm not familiar with Honda aftermarket (Somewhat but not fully). I just went to the Mugen site and checked out some of their stuff for the RS fit. Interesting stuff! I'm particularly looking through the performance section. They are actually showing a gain with just changing the panel filter. The exhaust looks interesting too. I'm not to fond of the sharp turns of the exhaust after it leaves the muffler though. In any of their muffler designs. Too easy to criticize though until I get to see for myself what's up underneath the car. I'll stop there!

As for the 'driving this thing is a blast' part on the CVT transmission, could you be more detailed? I'm excited about trying this new technology but comments like that vs all the negative press I've been reading on CVTs (Especially Nissan) is enlightening. What do you like about the Honda Fit CVT in particular? Any thoughts on when you go WOT (Wide Open Throttle)?

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 07-04-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member

I'm very impressed with your MPG report, especially over a longer trip. Thanks for the report, and the great photos.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by chazmr
I'm very impressed with your MPG report, especially over a longer trip. Thanks for the report, and the great photos.
So you've purchased $250 fuel on your trip but "jimmy" would have purchased $720.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Talking

It's only double

Last edited by hayabusa12; 07-04-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Ok, you've made your point. Why troll? Move on to the jimmy forum.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
It's only double not triple you need to learn to add .

And when I was driving the manual the on board gauge showed mid 20 to low 30 on the test drive.

I still have my vehicle which rides better is much quieter and I like better.

But with all the other faults I metion I guess you can dream, don't let Honda screw you with all the a and b service no matter what they went thru to cover up the access to the oil filter.

And get all those windows TINTED I wouldn't want to be seen driving it either.

This subject is beat to death, you guys can banter with yourself.

To me the car was not worth it and noisy and my truck rode better if that's to hard to understand so be it.
I laughed at your thread saying the Fit did not fit. It read like it was made by a poorly programmed bot, because it was so run on and nonsensical.

Seriously though, why are you even here? Was one thread not enough, you need to inject the same story in every other thread you see?

Are you a GMC shill?

Quick Reply: JediPat's 2015 Fit EX-L