3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

JediPat's 2015 Fit EX-L

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by snowmany
Glad other tall people are having success at fitting... I'm 6'5" with a long torso and test drive the EX, which is a no go. Head pressed pretty hard into the moonroof. Waiting for an LX to show up around here but I expect I'll fit fine! As for the back seat, plenty of leg room, but can't fit my head in without tilting it. No refresh mode for me
This is my biggest fear, I'm 6'5" tall and never been in a fit, but I've fallen in love with this car. I wish they'd sell the ex without the sun roof. I'd gladly pay full price for that. Can't wait to test drive one in Canada.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats~ Leather looks nice but i know i wouldn't like it!! ><;

I came to comment mostly because i would have been super pissed if my dealer had put a vinyl sticker with their logo on it ._.;;;

I told them outright if they put something permanent like that on there I would not buy the car. lol

I'm 5'2" but I keep my seat up high so i can see over the dash, my head ends up about 2" away from the top... I don't want to think about a rollover ><;

Old 06-18-2014, 01:09 AM
All plated up and ready for our road trip to Disneyland.

Name:  20140617_165159_zps4fffqyqy.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  93.8 KB

Also had some free time so I pulled it on the rack today to look at the underside...its very covered and I was not ready to remove anything just yet. Front to back.

Name:  20140617_171954_zpsqd7joupp.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  75.5 KB
Name:  20140617_172003_zpszylnaz3f.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  67.2 KB
Name:  20140617_172015_zpsantmtijd.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  65.0 KBName:  20140617_172042_zpscsrsuwgu.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  62.3 KB

Looking from the back to the front.

Name:  20140617_172057_zpsdwthg77x.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  102.6 KB

Originally Posted by Emirii
Congrats~ Leather looks nice but i know i wouldn't like it!! ><;

I came to comment mostly because i would have been super pissed if my dealer had put a vinyl sticker with their logo on it ._.;;;

I told them outright if they put something permanent like that on there I would not buy the car. lol

I'm 5'2" but I keep my seat up high so i can see over the dash, my head ends up about 2" away from the top... I don't want to think about a rollover ><;
Dealer stickers come off very easily with a heat gun, I leave mine on for the free washes.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator
SWEET Plates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-18-2014, 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by rikerr
I am waiting for a LX to come in to see how the extra inch and a half of head room feels. I would still get the EX as I am still comfortable in it I just like as much headroom as I can get.
Wait, so the LX Model somehow bigger than the ex model in terms of hight? This is new to me.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by MyFit15
Wait, so the LX Model somehow bigger than the ex model in terms of hight? This is new to me.
Because the LX model doesn't come with the sunroof the interior height is just a tad higher (the exterior dimensions are the same on all models as far as I know).

Old 06-18-2014, 03:19 AM
The LX has 1.5 inches more head room because their isn't a sunroof.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by AustinDriver
Because the LX model doesn't come with the sunroof the interior height is just a tad higher (the exterior dimensions are the same on all models as far as I know).
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. The picture of JediPat's underneath fit, I notice the front cover are with holes on it. The first thing that came on my mind when seeing this was street debris being sucked inside them. Is that cover straight underneath the engine? I always in back of my head imagine little rocks getting sucked into an engine for some reason or am I being just a tad paranoid here.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. The picture of JediPat's underneath fit, I notice the front cover are with holes on it. The first thing that came on my mind when seeing this was street debris being sucked inside them. Is that cover straight underneath the engine? I always in back of my head imagine little rocks getting sucked into an engine for some reason or am I being just a tad paranoid here.
I see these set ups on many makes of cars now-a-days, a little bit of dirt and pebble action goes on but nothing serious. Those are there to protect your underside, not cause harm. They are a PITA when it comes time for a service though.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
We got a friggin basketball team here. The Fit Freaks - lol

I will be towel boy at 5'7".

Old 06-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
We got a friggin basketball team here. The Fit Freaks - lol

I will be towel boy at 5'7".
I'll just be a cheerleader. 5'4"
My honey is pretty comfortable in the passenger seat at 6'1"

Old 06-18-2014, 10:51 PM
(Tall driver update) I sat in a LX and compared to an EX. I am 6 foot 4 with a long torso. The LX has significant more headroom than the EX. The LX I sat in I used my hand to gauge and I could fit my hand sideways in the gap so about 4 fingers wide. (like the palm of my hand facing the windshield) So it was a decent amount. The EX I am about 2 fingers width worth of space or the thickness between my palm side and the back of my hand.
It's actually about the same as my 1995 Nissan Pathfinder in the EX so I think im going to make due with the smaller head room and get the EX because I do want all the add on options and I've always been fine in my Nissan.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by rikerr
(Tall driver update) I sat in a LX and compared to an EX. I am 6 foot 4 with a long torso. The LX has significant more headroom than the EX. The LX I sat in I used my hand to gauge and I could fit my hand sideways in the gap so about 4 fingers wide. (like the palm of my hand facing the windshield) So it was a decent amount. The EX I am about 2 fingers width worth of space or the thickness between my palm side and the back of my hand.
It's actually about the same as my 1995 Nissan Pathfinder in the EX so I think im going to make due with the smaller head room and get the EX because I do want all the add on options and I've always been fine in my Nissan.
To be fair that would have to be an exact test on both cars, was the seat in the same position, tilted the exact same angle? Several variables to consider, I have seen people here say they have plenty of room and others say not enough. Try laying the seat all the way down and check for headroom I don't doubt the is more room in the LX but it is a subjective comparison. Besides if we like a particular car we WILL find a way to fit in it! LOL

Last edited by tmfit; 06-19-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:38 AM
5 Year Member
Hi Jedi,

As you have put here a picture of the front of your Fit with the hood open to show her grill and fittings?
I'm thinking of putting the grill and the U.S. Fit 2015 need to see the similarities between them.

Tnx!

Old 06-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by maxair
Hi Jedi,

As you have put here a picture of the front of your Fit with the hood open to show her grill and fittings?
I'm thinking of putting the grill and the U.S. Fit 2015 need to see the similarities between them.

Tnx!
Are you asking for some grill clip pics?

Old 06-19-2014, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JediPat
Yep and the all grill front too.

Thank you!

Old 06-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by maxair
Yep and the all grill front too.
Thank you!
Allow me to intercede and clarrify further for Maxair.

He has a Brazilian made GK and wants to purchase a US front grill and make the swap.

He has PM'd me and I found US sources who are willing to ship the US GK sports grill to him. Wants to make sure it will be a direct bolt-on and needs pics of how the grill is situated in relation to the headlights/hood. If he can determine that its the same, he most probably will be the first Brazilian driving with a different grill!!!

Old 06-19-2014, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Allow me to intercede and clarrify further for Maxair.

He has a Brazilian made GK and wants to purchase a US front grill and make the swap.

He has PM'd me and I found US sources who are willing to ship the US GK sports grill to him. Wants to make sure it will be a direct bolt-on and needs pics of how the grill is situated in relation to the headlights/hood. If he can determine that its the same, he most probably will be the first Brazilian driving with a different grill!!!

That same Rott, thanks for the help!

Old 06-20-2014, 12:15 AM
I will snap some pics tomorrow, thanks for clarifying.

Anyone else notice the engine idle noise...its rather tingy/ticky. Just wondering if I am knitpicking.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
I will snap some pics tomorrow, thanks for clarifying.

Anyone else notice the engine idle noise...its rather tingy/ticky. Just wondering if I am knitpicking.
Tnx Jedi!

Quick Reply: JediPat's 2015 Fit EX-L