3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

EX vs EX-L

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 11:33 PM
EX vs EX-L

If you're like me, wondering what the wisest purchase is, the EX (fabric seats) or the EX-L (leather seats) consider walking through this guide:

Cloth vs. Leather: Which Is Best for You? | The Daily Drive | Consumer Guide® The Daily Drive | Consumer Guide®

(of course the heated seats and heated side view mirror options are tempting...but then again, I live in Southern 108 degree California)

Old 06-12-2014, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by ReduxInflux
If you're like me, wondering what the wisest purchase is, the EX (fabric seats) or the EX-L (leather seats) consider walking through this guide:

Cloth vs. Leather: Which Is Best for You? | The Daily Drive | Consumer Guide® The Daily Drive | Consumer Guide®

(of course the heated seats and heated side view mirror options are tempting...but then again, I live in Southern 108 degree California)
Don't forget integrated side mirror turn signals !

Old 06-12-2014, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by ReduxInflux

That leather will burn your but at 108F! The fabric seats in my new 15 are very nice. But if you want leather and dont mind throwing a few bucks for it. I think it's great they have the option for it, but I like the fabric vs. leather.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
I live in Naples Florida and am considering an EX-L. I also will get as dark as legally possible window tint right away. Can anyone tell me how much the leather will protected by the window tint? I will not tint the front window with the strip but will use a window shade in the front when I leave the car out in the sun.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:51 AM
I wanted an in-dash Nav system, and that only comes with Leather option. Leather also looks a bit nicer to the eye's. Had leather before on a Civic, even though it gets a bit hot here in florida, it was not too bad. At times, had to wear long pants

Old 06-12-2014, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by warrsega
I live in Naples Florida and am considering an EX-L. I also will get as dark as legally possible window tint right away. Can anyone tell me how much the leather will protected by the window tint? I will not tint the front window with the strip but will use a window shade in the front when I leave the car out in the sun.
Window tint can make a very big difference in protecting your leather interior. But be sure that you get a ceramic tint and not a dye tint. The ceramic tint, such as the formula 1 brand, reject more heat than the ones that are dark in color but dye based.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
If I decide to get a 2015 Honda Fit- it would probably be in the Aegean Blue and EX-L NAV.

I live in Southern California- just a few blocks from the beach.

Even though I also tint my cars- I would probably tint as usual all the front and rear and back window (20% or 35%) 3M Crystalline and maybe for the first time do the front windshield 70%- 3M Crystalline.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:00 PM
ntx
Originally Posted by KenBT
If I decide to get a 2015 Honda Fit- it would probably be in the Aegean Blue and EX-L NAV.

I live in Southern California- just a few blocks from the beach.

Even though I also tint my cars- I would probably tint as usual all the front and rear and back window (20% or 35%) 3M Crystalline and maybe for the first time do the front windshield 70%- 3M Crystalline.
Motivation for you!!! Pre-Tint

Name:  IMAG0741_zpspczem4r5.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  92.5 KB

Old 06-15-2014, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by ntx
That is one cool looking blue Fit. Inside temp will be even cooler with the tint.
When mine arrives have found an installer here that does Llumar and that's the route I'll be taking.
Waiting for the post-pics!!!

What does your HORN sound like???? Low tone only or both high/low???

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 06-15-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by ntx

YES! Test drove a gray EX-L and dealer was trying to talk me into it but I am holding out for an EX-L Aegean Blue!

Old 06-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by KenBT
This is the one I was wanting but dealer let me know that not only does the NAV option cost an extra $1000 but each update to it costs $130. I can tell you from using Toyota's nav if you don't update it, when things change or are new it takes you to somewhere very random in the general vicinity! So I will just use my phone for navigation or bring a garmin if it's a road trip. Just some thoughts on the nav.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by amy_wilhelmina
.....am holding out for an EX-L Aegean Blue!
Here's my support for the decision to wait for the color you want. We're all paying MSRP or close to it. Dealer is going to make his profit and there's no urgency to buy what they are trying to "switch and bait" us into.
We're the ones who are going to drive it, not the salesman.
Keep strong and yours will arrive before you know it!!!

Old 06-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Here's my support for the decision to wait for the color you want. We're all paying MSRP or close to it. Dealer is going to make his profit and there's no urgency to buy what they are trying to "switch and bait" us into.
We're the ones who are going to drive it, not the salesman.
Keep strong and yours will arrive before you know it!!!
Yep! I will own it for at least 6 years, so I want what I want! It's expected in August So here's hoping!

Old 06-15-2014, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
EX vs EX-L

Very Nice- I can only imagine how it appears in person and in The daylight and at sunset! Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by ntx

Old 06-15-2014, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ntx

Wow, that is one beautiful blue! Love it! That's what I would get in an EX.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
This is the one I was wanting but dealer let me know that not only does the NAV option cost an extra $1000 but each update to it costs $130. I can tell you from using Toyota's nav if you don't update it, when things change or are new it takes you to somewhere very random in the general vicinity! So I will just use my phone for navigation or bring a garmin if it's a road trip. Just some thoughts on the nav.
I haven't update since 2012 and it hasn't failed me yet. For me personally, I like integrated navi as opposed to 3rd party stuff. Even the honda link app now in the 2015, nice thought but the reality of me hooking up my device via hdmi or any other cable is nill. Give me a good integrated navi, now with traffic, and I'll take it. To each their own. though.