3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Who actually has a 2015 Fit on Order?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by tmfit
......pick my EX-L up this afternoon.....
Another congrats for another new GK owner. Ya owe us tons of pics and what you think about the leather.

Fellas/Gals, don't you think its time for the FF moderators to start a 3rd Gen Pictures/Thread section? I asked for this 2 months ago but never got a reply. Maybe the more long-term FF members can make this request. It will give GK owners a place to display their new acquisitions in all their glory.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 06-12-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:37 PM
It's official! I'm picking up my LX Manual trans tomorrow morning!

Old 06-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by curlgurl
......picking up my LX Manual trans tomorrow morning!
Holy Toledo!!! First FF to take delivery of an LX 6 speed manual!!! Can't wait for you to get a hold of it. Finally, someone who can tell us what the LX is like to live with on a daily basis. Manual tranny at that!!!

Waiting for your pics!!!

BTW, tell us what the RPM is at 80mph in 6th gear. You'll be addressing a much anticipated issue!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 06-13-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Picking mine up in the morning too!

Old 06-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Put a deposit on 3HGGK5G80FM708838. It's not really an order per se but I'm reserving an already incoming EX MT.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by mikeygnyc
Put a deposit on....an already incoming EX MT.
Both you and Curlgirl are going to be barraged by FF on the performance aspects of the 6-spd. manual. Get ready and advance congrats!!!

Old 06-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Both you and Curlgirl are going to be barraged by FF on the performance aspects of the 6-spd. manual. Get ready and advance congrats!!!
I'm almost there to get her!! I'll try to do what I can. My car-getting buddy bailed on me.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
The first Mystic Yellow Pearl car has been produced!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Today a Mystic yellow pearl LX showed up in the incoming inventory for Honda Windward of Oahu Hawaii. But keep in mind that they don't paint cars individually, they are in groups of the same color, so those waiting for this color may see them in 30-60 days depending on shipping logistics.

Last edited by TCroly; 06-13-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by TCroly
The first Mystic Yellow Pearl car has been produced!

Today a Mystic yellow pearl LX showed up in the incoming inventory for Honda Windward of Oahu Hawaii. But keep in mind that they don't paint cars individually, they are in groups of the same color, so those waiting for this color may see them in 30-60 days depending on shipping logistics.
I was just taking to the guys at the dealer this morning about the yellow and purple ones. They said it takes 90 days from factory to dealer.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Andrew Briscoe
I was just taking to the guys at the dealer this morning about the yellow and purple ones. They said it takes 90 days from factory to dealer.
I am sure that the dealers like to quote the longer time, so as not to disappoint buyers. But we can see just from the deliveries taking place right now, that cars produced in mid-April (VINs of around 4500) have already arrived at dealers even with the added delay in first shipments.

But that brings up an interesting question for those who have taken delivery:

What month was your car produced?
It says on the inside of the drivers door manufacturer plate.

Last edited by TCroly; 06-13-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by TCroly
I am sure that the dealers like to quote the longer time, so as not to disappoint buyers. But we can see just from the deliveries taking place right now, that cars produced in mid-April (VINs of around 4500) have already arrived at dealers even with the added delay in first shipments.

But that brings up an interesting question for those who have taken delivery:

What month was your car produce?
It says on the inside of the drivers door manufacturer plate.
Good question! Wish I had one.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:36 PM
It's my first post after a long lurking history. Hi, everybody!

I literally just hung up the phone after putting down a deposit on a 2015 Fit. No VIN because the dealership wasn't getting either of the colors that I would accept (I'm looking for either the Aegean Blue or Modern Steel), so they are going to do a dealer swap for what I want. I had them write up that they would refund my deposit if I didn't have the car by July 2nd, because I'm headed south to see my family for vacation that day, and I don't trust my current car to get me down there (plus, it doesn't have air conditioning, which isn't an option for North Carolina in July!).

I'm way more excited than I even think I should be.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
My dealer is still waiting for my car to arrive at the other dealer's lot so they can go get it for me - it switched status on their computer system earlier this week from "in transit" to "at dealership" but it's not actually there... Hopefully soon!

Old 06-29-2014, 02:24 AM
I have an Oz spec Vti on order in modern steel. Had to go for the base to get the manual trans. Honda does't have a delivery date yet as still on a boat somewhere between Thailand and Australia.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:21 PM
I put down a deposit on a blue EX a couple weeks ago. It was supposed to be built sometime last week, and on the lot by July 10th, but the dealer e-mailed a couple days ago to give me an updated production time, which has pushed back its arrival to mid-late July.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Stll Waiting

Originally Posted by Sarg
I placed my order with down payment Apr 25. Expected delivery - Hopefully some time this year.
July 4 and still no vehicle. Finally got the VIN 701186

Had a chance to pick up an EX-L but I don't like leather seats

2007 Honda Fit Sport - Storm Silver
2015 Honda Fit EX - Alabaster Silver

Last edited by Sarg; 07-04-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Put down deposit today! Arrives any time now.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Got an update from my dealer today!

Apparently he's claiming that tens of thousands of Fits are being halted in a port in Wilmington, DE for "quality issues". Whether that's the paint thing we'd heard about or not, he wouldn't specify. Honda is apparently releasing these Fits "any day now" but I'm guessing they're just double checking everything.

Should be interesting to see what happens. Thought I'd let ya'll know.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by christina42

Apparently he's claiming that tens of thousands of Fits are being halted in a port in Wilmington, DE for "quality issues". Whether that's the paint thing we'd heard about or not, he wouldn't specify. Honda is apparently releasing these Fits "any day now" but I'm guessing they're just double checking everything.

Should be interesting to see what happens. Thought I'd let ya'll know.
Definitely interesting. I wish Honda would just be transparent about what is going on and where the cars are. None of the local dealers are scheduled to get a white EX until mid to late August. But one of the local dealers agreed to do a swap with a dealership 200 miles away that is supposed to get one within the next few weeks, so we put down a deposit on Saturday. They said they hope to have an updated ETA sometime this week. We're ready now, so I hope it comes soon.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by christina42

Apparently he's claiming that tens of thousands of Fits are being halted in a port in Wilmington, DE for "quality issues".
Very interesting. Mine is delayed also, he is calling the rail station today to see why.

Quick Reply: Who actually has a 2015 Fit on Order?