3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 01:04 PM
INNO Roof Rack with 40” Fairing

I got these a little while ago, the install wasn’t hard at all....

INNO Rack 2015-2020 Compatible with Honda Fit Roof Rack System XS250/XB130/XB123/K876

+

INNO INA261 Medium Universal Mount (Fits Rounds, Square, Aero and Most Factory Bars) Fairing for Mid-Size Cars and SUV's - 40-Inch (Black)

The 40” Fairing is perfect!

You got to get the FAT bar style, the smaller thin ones don’t look as nice to me...

For Aesthetic purposes...

Some other stuff I plan on adding very soon and I would definitely recommend you guys look into getting these FUMOTO parts for your next and future DIY oil changes...

F106SX: New Generation Fumoto Valve with 14mm-1.5 Thread Size

+

HOSE KIT FOR 3/8" ID NIPPLE FUMOTO VALVES

Arriving Soon:

Honda Hood Deflector 15-19 Fit Acrylic Black FormFit HD9M15

I definitely enjoy adding things to my car but to be honest, messing with you guys here is getting HELLA EXPENSIVE!.....LOL!

Old 07-27-2021, 02:29 AM
Silent0ne, I really like your maxed Fit.
That rear tho. Where do I get that bumper?

Old 08-07-2021, 12:26 AM
Unique Rear RSB add on for the GK!

Thanks ElPapas for sharing the rear RSB modification! I just added an additional bling to my GK today! I had to jack up the rears and take off the whole rear Progress RSB to add these babies on. It took me about 2 hours to get them installed. I wish I knew which dang hole to bolt them up to, could have saved me an hour. These look freaking SICK! or some would call it awesome….the missing link to the rear lol…you guys should get them on your GK too…

Last edited by Silent0ne714; 08-07-2021 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-07-2021, 08:30 PM
Kittenbutt-

The rear was a simple add on. Double sided 3M tape to get them on. I got the gloss black finish on both. You can take them off anytime! Buy them here my friend - I appreciate the love for my GK!

Old 08-07-2021, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Silent0ne714
Thanks ElPapas for sharing the rear RSB modification! I just added an additional bling to my GK today! I had to jack up the rears and take off the whole rear Progress RSB to add these babies on. It took me about 2 hours to get them installed. I wish I knew which dang hole to bolt them up to, could have saved me an hour. These look freaking SICK! or some would call it awesome….the missing link to the rear lol…you guys should get them on your GK too…

What the is that and where can we get it?

Old 08-08-2021, 04:10 AM
5 Year Member
This part doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If it bolts on under the rear springs, then it's way too far to the rear to add much rear roll stiffness. If that's what you want, a stiffer version of the Progress bar would do the job for way less trouble- but I haven't heard anyone complaining of too much body roll after installing the bar. If that's the problem, adding too much rear roll stiffness encourages oversteer, which could be good or bad depending on the driver. For myself I don't want any more rear roll stiffness.

It looks like it has pivot points at the end of the center beam. Or at least, the single large bolt looks like it would allow flex if there were a significant vertical bending load. Which means if it's kind of floating between the underspring mounting points, all it would do is limit sideways deflection of the trailing arms. But nobody really complains of serious changes in toe under suspension movement, so if that's what it's doing, I'd say its's not needed.

Unless it's also bolted to the body of the car in the center of the beam section. Then, as the trailing arms move in compression and rebound, the outer arms act as a kind of poor man's multi-link setup, and pull the trailing arms in, creating toe out. Whether this is good or bad probably depends on the driver, but if it's creating rear toe out as the car rolls to the outside in a corner, it seems like that would encourage faster turn in? Or snap oversteer right off the road, again depending on the driver. I don't want serious changes in alignment as the car moves, though.

While it's doing whatever it's doing, it's also reducing ground clearance and creating extra drag.

All that being said, I could also have completely the wrong idea from the photos, and I can't see for sure on the ground clearance aspect. Would love to know more.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:01 AM
Rear RSB

The bar is for aesthetic purposes not to add anymore stiffness to the progress RSB. It just looks cool! No need to write a novel about your opinion son…

Old 08-08-2021, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
It looks like a serious piece of hardware, and some of the guys here, me included, would be very interested to know if we can improve handling.

If that's not what it's about, fine. I have no problem with people trying to make their cars look good. But if you're unhappy that I tried to figure it out as a suspension dynamics thing, you could have posted a link to the seller or just said what it does.

And you're right about one thing, it does look cool.

Old 08-08-2021, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Old 10-05-2021, 08:06 AM
I want one...
I need one...
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by LeFreakyBone
I didn't want to create a new thread for this, so this one seemed to be the most appropriate.

Back when I first got my GK5 in 2015, I randomly received a package from Honda about 2 months later.
I haven't seen it mentioned on the forum before, so I just thought I'd see if anybody also received one of these as well.

Inside was this!

Old 10-05-2021, 08:19 AM
I want one...
I need one...
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by LeFreakyBone
I didn't want to create a new thread for this, so this one seemed to be the most appropriate.

Back when I first got my GK5 in 2015, I randomly received a package from Honda about 2 months later.
I haven't seen it mentioned on the forum before, so I just thought I'd see if anybody also received one of these as well.

Inside was this!

Old 10-05-2021, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by kittenbutt
I want one...
I need one...
​​​​​​
I got the same one from Honda corporate in California when I got my 2015. Kept it and its original packaging and still have the original box it came shipped in. It's a nice keepsake even though I now have a 2017 which is essentially the same car before the remodel.

Old 10-05-2021, 01:16 PM
Words cannot describe how much I wish I was rich enough to make you an offer that you couldn't refuse for it.

Its super cute! 😍

Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
I got the same one from Honda corporate in California when I got my 2015. Kept it and its original packaging and still have the original box it came shipped in. It's a nice keepsake even though I now have a 2017 which is essentially the same car before the remodel.

Old 10-09-2021, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Ebay have some Tomica Honda Fit if you are just looking for small scale diecast car

Old 10-09-2021, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by galaxy convoy
Ebay have some Tomica Honda Fit if you are just looking for small scale diecast car
Ooh, thanks for letting me know!
I do like it, but knowing there are OFFICIAL HONDA DIECAST HONDA FIT with light up headlights...
My thirst may never be quenched~ 😩

Old 11-14-2023, 07:19 PM
Removed the chrome emblems and trim then gave it a spray job. Front fog lights as well. They have white/ blue and amber turn signal.
Rear tail lights I painted last year, also. And you can see the rear fog light turn signal at the bottom.

Old 11-15-2023, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
Nice work!

Old 11-15-2023, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by glasswave
Nice work!
Thank you I appreciate that. Here's some poor quality photos of the rest of my mods. When I tell you they turned out really clean you will just have to believe me.

First is the Headliner which I painted black with Rit black fabric Dye and also Vinyl Paint. It turned out super clean. I left the handles and plastic pieces original color.
Next photo is that I painted my A B and C pillars black with vinyl paint. It turned out nice. I recommend it.
Next photo is the 3 way switch for the fog lights which was a nice fit.
Then my Hub Caps that I did with a rattle can job. Very shiny.
Then you can see my oil catch can. I mounted it next to the ground wires on the empty bolt hole. And you can see how I routed the PCV hoses.

Old 01-03-2024, 06:46 AM
Hello!
What can you tell about front sensors on the Honda Fit/Jazz 2018? Is it possible to retrofit?
My car already has rear sensors and a reverse camera.

Old 01-03-2024, 08:13 AM
OSRAM Foglight LED
Auxito Turn LED
Philips Rear LED

Interior Ambilight LED OEM

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK