3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by fitchet
This is kind of a evaluation/opinion cop out. But I would say I like both looks.
The lighter colored wheels, give a great contrast, and I think a lighter..fun look to the vehicle.
The darker colored wheels, obviously don't contrast, but also give a real sharp look.

If I had to pick?

I think I'd go with the lighter colored wheels, if only because I've seen the darker colored wheels on more vehicles.
Contrasting may not be as popular, but it's more unique.

But really, both looks are good.
I agree they both have their look, I pefer the contrast myself.

Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
RPF1's FTW! What wheel/tire spec did you go with?
16x7 +43 205/50/16.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:56 AM
5 Year Member
Was in my local Honda Dealership the other day while I had the B-1 maintenance done. As they hope, I killed time by walking their show room.
They had a new 2018 Fit on the floor, with gloss black wheels. They looked great, and I imagined how good I thought they would look on my 2016 Black Fit.
BUT...
If they are now selling a number of Honda Fits with Black Wheels? I would think that would make that look all the more common.
I think the common trends go back and forth. But usually the trend is to go "counter" to what is offered from the factory. When that becomes popular? Then the manufacturer catches up, starts offering a similar product...that becomes common, and then everyone starts switching to a different aftermarket look.
Or at least that's my theory.

Old 03-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Originally wanted a Hexlite cargo mat, but they are very expensive to ship to Canada. So I got this Lloyd's Rubbertite. Not quite as red as on their website. Even though it's sitting on 1/4" pineboard, it still fits well.

Name:  KWo2h0d.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  503 Bytes

Old 03-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
Endless RF-650 brake fluid arrived today!

Old 03-10-2018, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by USDM
Endless RF-650 brake fluid arrived today!

Nice! I'm going with Motul!
Mind sharing what lines you are using for the brakes? I'll be trying SS line from Russell for the clutch.

To stay on topic. Got my windows tinted with 3M Crystalline all the way around.

Old 03-10-2018, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by nisco
Nice! I'm going with Motul!
Mind sharing what lines you are using for the brakes? I'll be trying SS line from Russell for the clutch.

To stay on topic. Got my windows tinted with 3M Crystalline all the way around.
Hey, nisco! The brake lines are made by Techna-Fit.

HONDA Brake Line Kit

Also, we're 3M Crystalline buddies!

Old 03-23-2018, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't want to create a new thread for this, so this one seemed to be the most appropriate.

Back when I first got my GK5 in 2015, I randomly received a package from Honda about 2 months later.
I haven't seen it mentioned on the forum before, so I just thought I'd see if anybody also received one of these as well.

Inside was this!

Old 03-23-2018, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LeFreakyBone
I didn't want to create a new thread for this, so this one seemed to be the most appropriate.

Back when I first got my GK5 in 2015, I randomly received a package from Honda about 2 months later.
I haven't seen it mentioned on the forum before, so I just thought I'd see if anybody also received one of these as well.

Inside was this!

I wish I had that...

Old 03-23-2018, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member

Inside was this!

MBN! I didnt get one of those. I wish i got one though

Old 03-23-2018, 10:16 PM

Inside was this!

Got mine still in the original box from my 2015 GK!

Old 03-23-2018, 10:49 PM
Shark Fin Antenna

Off EBay, around $AUD19. Got the one that has a wire inside not the zig-zag PCB. Thought it'd be bad but comparing weak stations on FM and AM, no difference

Painted it with black satin epoxy (came black but glossy, didn't like it). Was afraid the red would not match my red and this car has loots of black trims, so...

NOTES:
1) the sticky pad that comes with it is useless, it will wrinkle etc - I used black (good!) molding tape
2) the profile of the fin does not match 100% the roof profile so you will have to test and sand it, tip and end from memory... make sure water cannot get inside - maybe leave a small gap at back for drainage? If water trapped it will rust eventually.
3) I tried with a length of wire (speaker OFC) connected and folded inside, no difference to signal...

Shark_Fin1

Shark_Fin2.jpg

Old 03-23-2018, 11:02 PM
Hinge covers and striker plate cover

Off Ebay - make sure you get the set with hinge cover and latch bracket .

The latch bracket cover holes are too small, must enlarge them a bit. Oh well. The hinge covers are Ok.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:46 PM
I got my hinge covers from Aliexpress. Almost 3 years and no issues.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Got mine still in the original box from my 2015 GK!
Nice!
Also yellow?
I am curious if they make these in all the available colors.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
Nice!
Also yellow?
I am curious if they make these in all the available colors.
Nope, only Minion Yellow.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picked up my Feal 441 coilovers today!

Old 03-30-2018, 02:58 PM
Installing this weekend:

Progress rear sway bar
LED Foglights
Sport Horns

Test fitting the rear bumper leds / turn signal lights. Installing if i can get a wire diagram and access to everything.

Ordering parts for heated mirrors / side turn signal lights. Not really an issue starting now but clearing the mirrors sucked with all the snow and ice. Time to get a head start and install while the weather is good.
Parts for reference:

76251-T5R-P01ZG
left skull cap, Alabaster Silver metallic

76201-T5R-P01ZG
right skull cap, Alabaster Silver metallic

34350-T2A-A02
Left Blinker

34300-T2A-A02
Right Blinker

76253-T5R-306
Left Mirror Glass (heated)

76203-T5R-306
Right Mirror Glass (heated)

Anybody have a part number of any connectors so i can avoid splicing everything? I still need to source a relay or two and plan out that wiring

Old 04-02-2018, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by ercdvs
Installing this weekend:

Ordering parts for heated mirrors / side turn signal lights. Not really an issue starting now but clearing the mirrors sucked with all the snow and ice. Time to get a head start and install while the weather is good.
Parts for reference:.........

Anybody have a part number of any connectors so i can avoid splicing everything? I still need to source a relay or two and plan out that wiring
Blinkers and heated mirrors I still need to reinstall on my 2017 from my 2015. I will run the blinker wires to the rear blinker wires this time since I already did work for my trailer lighting. The heated mirror positive wires I would run from the inside of the cabin back out to the engine bay through the passenger side grommet out to the relay cluster, and put a relay next to the rear window defroster relay to engage the mirrors. As I mentioned on my visitor page message the connectors to the mirrors have empty slots for the blinkers and mirrors, but to find the EX-L harness with the wires, and install that, way more work than necessary.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:25 PM
Horns can be replaced without removing the bumper. I've rolled the front grill to access the front horn (pic is in my build thread), and turning the steering wheel to the left, you can access the low tone horn from the fender in front of the passenger side front tire.

For the mirror blinkers, I followed Bassguitarist's thread. I wired the turn signal to my rears because I already had my pillar lights wired too. I put a basic wiring diagram for that on my build thread.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Im going to use that as that horn connector is too lose, and it needs to be tightened and taped up to make it stay.

i also saw a diagram manual posted in an old thread that shows the explicit fog light access from underneath :/

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK