3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wmb
Thank you guys! Now that I know how to look for, I found this pair of skull covers:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2PCS...08.4.81.6tsVbF

However, I am not sure if a they will fit since apparently it work for honda city too, and here in Mexico honda City and Honda Fit are 2 different models.

Anyway, I will buy then together with the turn signal lights (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...05071-VnYZvQVf) and I'll let you know if worked.

Thanks again for your help.
Sorry to say that the Skulls you mentioned above are to small. They are for the Asian market. Trust me I bought a pair even thou the seller said they would fit. My luck the seller took them back due to his error. Thou, being you are in Mexico you may have different mirrors?

The turn signals will require a little trimming but is not really a big issue. Running the wires was my biggest issue and I really didn't have a the time so it was put off for another day.

Last edited by orataro; 06-19-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Finished installing the EX-L side mirror blinkers ("winkers"). Hooked them up to my rear signals, to which I've already hooked up my rear pillar lights. Thanks to stembridge for selling me the parts, and to Bassguitarist1985 for a helpful how to.

Last edited by Action Jackson; 06-23-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:09 PM
wmb
Bad news

Originally Posted by orataro
Sorry to say that the Skulls you mentioned above are to small. They are for the Asian market. Trust me I bought a pair even thou the seller said they would fit. My luck the seller took them back due to his error. Thou, being you are in Mexico you may have different mirrors?

The turn signals will require a little trimming but is not really a big issue. Running the wires was my biggest issue and I really didn't have a the time so it was put off for another day.
Well, it was beautifull to be true

Here in Mexico we have same size mirrors than US, however Honda City has smaller mirrors but they look like Honda Fit mirrors. I believe that's why I found in Ali Express those mirrors that said it will fit Honda City and Honda Fit.

Thanks for the advise and good to hear you got your money back.

On the other hand, I found a part list shared by Bassguitarist1985 https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...irrors-ex.html

I will definitely try that. Hopefully shipment to Mexico and Dollar to Peso exchange dont kill my wallet.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
Finished installing the EX-L side mirror blinkers ("winkers"). Hooked them up to my rear signals, to which I've already hooked up my rear pillar lights. Thanks to stembridge for selling me the parts, and to Bassguitarist1985 for a helpful how to.

Curious, how did you hook them up to the rear signals? I hooked mine to the front signals. had to go through the firewall as I did not know what wire from the under panel of the drivers side it was. I got to reinstall mine actually...on my 2017 Fit, traded my 2015 in.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Curious, how did you hook them up to the rear signals? I hooked mine to the front signals. had to go through the firewall as I did not know what wire from the under panel of the drivers side it was. I got to reinstall mine actually...on my 2017 Fit, traded my 2015 in.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1373259

The rear turn signal wires are in the back side of the trunk. You should be familiar with them, as you've changed to LED bulbs. I had to use a tap splice, as space is limited.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member

Dropped on H&R Springs and Koni STR.T Shocks.

Old 06-24-2017, 02:26 PM
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1373259

The rear turn signal wires are in the back side of the trunk. You should be familiar with them, as you've changed to LED bulbs. I had to use a tap splice, as space is limited.
oh wow you routed them all the way to the rear? The front blinker wires through the firewall is a much shorter and in my opinion easier. The same desired function still achieved. :-)

Old 06-24-2017, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
oh wow you routed them all the way to the rear? The front blinker wires through the firewall is a much shorter and in my opinion easier. The same desired function still achieved. :-)

Yeah, I'm pretty tired of undoing the common wire bundle through the firewall. Did it multiple times with the sound system. Plus everything is hidden, so no splicing/tapping of anything under the hood.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty tired of undoing the common wire bundle through the firewall. Did it multiple times with the sound system. Plus everything is hidden, so no splicing/tapping of anything under the hood.

well concidering that i still need to reinstall my stereo and my heated mirrors/winkers on my 2017, i may just do exactly what you did. I mean why not at this point since all the interior trim needs to be removed to do those jobs.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member

Installed OEM window visors. Way better than the Mugen knock offs.

Old 06-28-2017, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Patrickownt
i just got my front splitter from areoflowdynamics. its holding up really well

I WANT THAT SPLITTER!

https://www.aeroflowdynamics.com/col...tter-2015-2017

I just inquired if they have in stock.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member

KW coilovers, Megan Fr/Rr swaybars and extended wheel studs are going in today

Old 06-29-2017, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
I love that rear sway bar

Old 06-30-2017, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by skatana
I love that rear sway bar
Another member who has it mentioned that it makes flexing noises transitioning an incline because of the attachment points and "adjustability". Not sure if that adjustability is worth it

Old 06-30-2017, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
My initial impression of this rear swaybar is mainly for looks. The front bar definitely helps a little bit, but I am also on stock tires which has super soft sidewalls.. haha

New wheels/tires setup are on their way. my main goal is have a fun go-kart like commuter.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Midnight Run
My initial impression of this rear swaybar is mainly for looks. The front bar definitely helps a little bit, but I am also on stock tires which has super soft sidewalls.. haha

New wheels/tires setup are on their way. my main goal is have a fun go-kart like commuter.
Exactly what I had in mind to focus my build, GoKart Commuter! lol I almost pulled the trigger on Buddy Club Coilovers but didnt want to sacrifice ALL the ride comfort since my wife and 5 year old son ride in it frequently.

Once you get the new shoe set up, let me know what you think of the Megan rear sway. My eye are on the progress one's but I believe Megan's is $100+ cheaper?

btw, what wheel/tire set up did you go with??

Old 06-30-2017, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Another member who has it mentioned that it makes flexing noises transitioning an incline because of the attachment points and "adjustability". Not sure if that adjustability is worth it
They might have it too loose. Mine hasn't made any flexing noises and it's been on there almost two years.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
After a week of allowing the springs to settle, finally got my alignment done. Put a little bit of negative camber on the front. To cancel out some of the understeer as a result of adding wider wheels/tires. Its been a while since ive been in the suspension tuning scene.. lets see how it handles on the backroads this weekend

Last edited by TougeMonster_GK5; 06-30-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
Exactly what I had in mind to focus my build, GoKart Commuter! lol I almost pulled the trigger on Buddy Club Coilovers but didnt want to sacrifice ALL the ride comfort since my wife and 5 year old son ride in it frequently.

Once you get the new shoe set up, let me know what you think of the Megan rear sway. My eye are on the progress one's but I believe Megan's is $100+ cheaper?

btw, what wheel/tire set up did you go with??
The KW setup is just a basic coilover kit with ride height adjustability only. No comp/rebound settings. Ride quality is slightly stiffer than stock shocks with lowering springs. My car now rotates much better with the larger swaybar, however I was experiencing slight rubbing (swaybar rubbing against front axles) when wheels are turned lock-to-lock, and had to re-adjust it to softest setting for now. If you plan on getting the Progress swaybar, I would be interested to hear your impression with it. I went with Megan because it was too good of deal to pass up.

As for wheels, I plan on getting a set of 16x7 wheels with 205 sized tires, but just not sure what brand at the moment.. stiffer and lower profile tires will probably stiffen up the ride another 10-15%..

Last edited by Midnight Run; 06-30-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by skatana
They might have it too loose. Mine hasn't made any flexing noises and it's been on there almost two years.
My Megan front sway was set at full stiff and it rubbed and clunked against front axles when the wheels are turned full-lock. I had to re-adjust it to softest setting, and the rubbing/clunking went away for now..

Slight rubbing against the passenger side axle..

The label on the factory axle (driver-side) was rubbing against the Megan front swaybar when wheels were turned in full-lock position..

Last edited by Midnight Run; 06-30-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK