3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
They also have a set with no visible drop whatsoever if that's what you're looking for.
Post a link if you have one - I didn't see any "no drop" springs on the RS-R site.

Thx,

es

Old 03-21-2016, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by JinKisaragi

Nice work JinKisaragi. From this pic, it looks like the bottom of the silver trim in front is a bit frayed up. If so, then just use the supplied trim, pry the bottom trim away a bit, and using the fat and smooth end of the tool, push into the frayed bits to smooth it out. Works like a charm.

You might be able to do it without having to pull the trim up, by using the smaller "sharper" end of the trim tool.

Now you need to find black leather, with red stitching for the shifter boot and brake boot to finish out the modding.

Last edited by Action Jackson; 03-21-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Action-jackson and you got the steering wheel cover right. It's affordable (half the cost of Wheelskins), it looks OEM and its leather!!! The car's interior looks like factory. Good job fellows. Am sure there will be lot's of FF's that will follow this mod sooner than later. Keep up the share.
Thanks Rottboy!

The Wheelskins is a very nice and thick high quality leather. This wrap is stretched leather, but doesn't feel "cheap".

The Wheelskins also has a nice, slightly gripper feel to it. This wrap is slightly less so, but then again, so was the OEM leather wheel.

At this price, it's one mod WORTH doing.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stembridge
Post a link if you have one - I didn't see any "no drop" springs on the RS-R site.

Thx,

es
Honda Fit Down Sus Springs 2015+ | RS-R USA

Part#: H294D
Compatibility:
2015+ Honda Fit
Chassis code: GK5

Specifications:
Approximate Drop:
Front -5mm (-0.2inch)
Rear -15mm (-0.6inch)

Old 03-22-2016, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
Honda Fit Down Sus Springs 2015+ | RS-R USA

Part#: H294D
Compatibility:
2015+ Honda Fit
Chassis code: GK5

Specifications:
Approximate Drop:
Front -5mm (-0.2inch)
Rear -15mm (-0.6inch)
Okay - those were the ones I linked above. They have a "slight" drop. Ordered a set tonight!

es

Old 03-22-2016, 01:29 AM
Why get springs if you don't plan to lower the car that much? Anyone know our lug nut size?

Old 03-23-2016, 02:47 AM
Any recommendations for wheels spacers?

Old 03-23-2016, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vjaramillo
Any recommendations for wheels spacers?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just for the back. No need on the front. Tis what I put on mine.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:24 AM
Our car not listed.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
Nice work JinKisaragi. From this pic, it looks like the bottom of the silver trim in front is a bit frayed up. If so, then just use the supplied trim, pry the bottom trim away a bit, and using the fat and smooth end of the tool, push into the frayed bits to smooth it out. Works like a charm.

You might be able to do it without having to pull the trim up, by using the smaller "sharper" end of the trim tool.

Now you need to find black leather, with red stitching for the shifter boot and brake boot to finish out the modding.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it when I have some free time. I'm gonna try to restitch the oem shift boot with the left over red thread from the steering wheel cover.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
2015+ Honda Fit Gk5 Buddy Club custom short shifter - Axion Industries

Saw this just got posted on Axion. Anyone had any experience with short throws (from Buddy Club or otherwise)? $120 seems pretty reasonable...

Old 03-24-2016, 08:20 PM
2015+ Honda Fit Gk5 Buddy Club custom short shifter - Axion Industries

Saw this just got posted on Axion. Anyone had any experience with short throws (from Buddy Club or otherwise)? $120 seems pretty reasonable...
Clicked the link, apparently it's $159.99, they might have made a price adjustment from the time you posted. Also this is mentioned on their website "We have taken the Honda Crz shifter and modified parts of the shifter so it will work in the new 2015+ Honda Fit Gk5 6 speed".

I do like that they now carry the buddy club seat rail for the GK5 and I have a replica Bride Vios low max seat... but don't wanna deal with the SRS.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:15 PM
jhn
Had some fun at Cars and Coffee today

Old 03-27-2016, 05:50 AM
Hello guys,

Any idea where I can find 2015 honda fit parts?
I need headlights, bumper, fender and other parts.

I am based in Dubai and 2015 Fit/Jazz parts are not available in the middle east market.

Many thanks.
Arif

Old 03-27-2016, 04:33 PM
Finally had some time to take out the center console to remove the shift boot to restitch it. It's fairly time consuming but I wanted to keep the oem look.

Name:  IMG_0168_zpslkvgc84r.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  188.0 KB

Old 03-29-2016, 11:22 PM
Looks great.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:38 AM
Hey brother, are you live on oahu . I think i want to have a wrap too. Where do you go get it done? TIA
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Last Nov., my niece's guy suggested I have wrap installed on the front as he noticed I was quite anal about the new Fit. Told him that I already had an OEM bra but after a couple of months, I figured the convinience of "full-time" protection would be worth looking into. That, plus, a couple of FF guys have already done it to their GK's.
Lucky for me, his buddy does this business on the island, part-time, for "high-end" cars.
He cut me a deal for $160 for the bonnet, mirrors and headlights. Found that affordable so had it done today.

3M wrapping the bonnet starts

On the bonnet

Stencil for the headlights

Then again for the mirrors

Install took about three hours. In the meantime I enjoyed the cars in his garage waiting for full body wraps - a Gallardo and an R8

Then a Hurracan (correction: its an AVentador) arrives for an estimate. Owner says its first and only one, so far, on our island. I was totally humbled.

Finishing up the mirrors

Finished product in the garage

Wife is so pissed cause she says it looks the same????????????? Nutz! Most probably will let her shop again this weekend to appease the household.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
I installed a JDM rear bumper cover tonight (got it back from the painters a few days ago), plus rear RS-R "Down" springs (½" drop):

It was all fairly straightforward and took maybe 1.5 hours, going at it slowly. USDM rear splash guards do not work with the JDM bumper, and the USDM rear bumper beam had to come off as well – this was not mentioned in Spoon Sports SEMA build thread where they did the same mod.

I still have to install the front springs and will do camber bolts at that time. Also still have to pull the rear brake drums to install toe shims. We have an autocross event at work in May and I plan to be READY.

More pics in my Mods thread.

UPDATE - been driving on these for a week now, and really like the improvement - noticeably flatter in the turns, and more "eager" on turn-in. Look forward to getting the front springs in.

es

Last edited by stembridge; 04-05-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:48 PM
jhn
Looks good.

I have hesitated on the toe shims because I have a theory about the excessive toe problem. I've noticed its excessive only on one side or the other, but never both. What I've noticed is the rear beam pivots on compliance bushings. The pivots not only float up/down, but side to side as well. And they float as much as a 1/2"+ on each side, so total can be more than an inch.

What does this mean?

Well, if the alignment tech pulls the car onto the rack, then turns the wheels to position the car, it can cock the whole rear end, skewing the alignment, resulting in a false reading ( more toe on one side, less on the other than it really has).

I'm not a fan of these bushings; they might make the car safer by generating understeer but they are a hassle for alignments and they contribute to body roll.

Something to consider before you attempt to correct the toe in.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jhn
Well, if the alignment tech pulls the car onto the rack, then turns the wheels to position the car, it can cock the whole rear end, skewing the alignment, resulting in a false reading ( more toe on one side, less on the other than it really has).

I'm not a fan of these bushings; they might make the car safer by generating understeer but they are a hassle for alignments and they contribute to body roll.

Something to consider before you attempt to correct the toe in.
Good input. The alignment sheet's out in the shop, but I remember the rear toe numbers were fairly close to each other and right at the edge of being "in tolerance." I bought .25° shims, which should bring each side close to 0° toe, presuming, as you said, my numbers were not goofy in the first place.

es

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK