3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Hi ROTTBOY
I like your seat covers with an emblem (FIT).

Old 03-14-2015, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Wife surprised me yesterday and my ordered seat covers finally arrived from the mainland.
These are Neoprene from CalTrend #HD193-01PP (US$250). They also have NeoSupreme for about $70 less but decided to stick with the same material as the rear seat OEM covers.
When these were purchased through one of their retailers but still had to call CalTRend for the exact part #'s for the GK as they still weren't online.
Install took me 15 minutes and whatever creases are visible should level out in a couple of days.
They feel great and look OEM. Unlike NeoSupreme, these are water resistant and where I live, its a true protector.
I got similar neoprene seat covers, but I don't recall if they're the same male. Neoprene will be durable and very protective.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:38 PM
Just got my 5x8 utility trailer! hauls great! I'm helping a friend move some furniture out of his house tomorrow. I'll report back how well it drives! I got some highway and city roads, Hopefully get a good idea on the MPG with the trailer in tow! I still need to install the rear air struts (Monroe MAXX-Air MA811) once the weather permits!

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 03-14-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Just got my 5x8 utility trailer! hauls great! I'm helping a friend move some furniture out of his house tomorrow. I'll report back how well it drives! I got some highway and city roads, Hopefully get a good idea on the MPG with the trailer in tow! I still need to install the rear air struts (Monroe MAXX-Air MA811) once the weather permits!
I haven't even had the hitch adapter put into the receiver yet. I have some inserts in the garage, so I'll have to find. I think I'll have to buy one that's the right height. My trailer is still buried under the snow, so there's no rush.

Old 03-15-2015, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Wife surprised me yesterday and my ordered seat covers finally arrived from the mainland.
These are Neoprene from CalTrend #HD193-01PP (US$250). They also have NeoSupreme for about $70 less but decided to stick with the same material as the rear seat OEM covers.
When these were purchased through one of their retailers but still had to call CalTRend for the exact part #'s for the GK as they still weren't online.
Install took me 15 minutes and whatever creases are visible should level out in a couple of days.
They feel great and look OEM. Unlike NeoSupreme, these are water resistant and where I live, its a true protector.
I ordered those door lock covers for my car and my son's. They look neat.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Both Front SEATS:
Name:  CalTrendBoth%20seatsInstalled%20March%20142015.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  189.2 KB

Driver's
Name:  CalTrendDriversSeatInstalled%20March%20142015.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  197.2 KB

Passenger's
Name:  CalTrendPassengersSeatInstalled%20March%20142015.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  201.1 KB

One more useless goodie from China - Door striker covers

Name:  Door%20latch%20cover%20March%2013%202015.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  142.9 KB

Originally Posted by MysTiC27
......seat covers with an emblem (FIT)....
Forgot to mention, the surprise from the wife was she had the "FIT" emblems done by her friend who has the machine. Unfortunately, they could'nt copy the exact font but IMO, it will do!!!!

Originally Posted by SilverEX15
....got similar neoprene seat covers.....Neoprene will be durable and very protective.
Post pics and source of your neoprene covers to give our readers an alternative source.

with our sand and salt water, needed the neoprene, especially after I bring the dogs out to the beaches!!! Neoprene is a bit more costly but it was worth the investment to keep the cloth seats lasting a bit longer as I usually keep my cars more than 5 yrs.
NeoSupreme is a look-a-like and should likewise provide a protective shield while looking the same. Just needed the water-resistant feature of Neoprene for my locality.

Here's my sunglass holder solution from Ebay ($0.96 shipped).

Name:  SunglassVisorClipJan.%2015%202015.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  174.1 KB

Cupholder is being used as a vape holder!

Name:  VapeCupHolder2015%20Honda%20Fit%20March152015.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  167.7 KB

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 03-16-2015 at 01:09 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
First post from a long-time lurker. Just received my Weathertech mats yesterday, loving them so far. Also did the OEM ambient lighting(super easy install), taking some pics when it gets dark.

Name:  MB5mbWv.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  122.8 KB
Name:  AefIwdB.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  100.3 KB
Name:  bnF50MF.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  104.4 KB

Old 03-16-2015, 12:48 AM
After getting the car and getting the Tint, Clear-mask, Remote Start installed at the dealer, I got the flu and set me back almost 3 weeks but I finally installed my first accessory OEM bumper applique i got it fom amazon.

Name:  Bluebeam_Bumper_applique_zpsatzgyvjo.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  257.0 KB

Next is replacing the interior lights with LED's.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator
Neoprene Seat cover alternative from Hawaii

At the parking lot of our local Mall today, a GE owner came over and complemented my neoprene seat covers. Asked where I got them cause he got his from a local mfg. Strolled over to his pristine Fit and wow, he had it all, piping plus lumbar support. Apparantly his maker is pretty popular both here and on the mainland. Many fabric combinations. My only claim to fame is the Fit logo my wife had done.
For my fellow islanders, here's the details of an alternative source:
Toll Free (888) 246-5653
Wet Okole Hawaii - Oahu
1727 Dillingham Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96819

Its been a couple of days and am loving these neoprene covers (so are my dogs - in the rear, at least!)

Name:  CalTrend%20Neoprene%20Front%20Seat%20Covers%20March%2017%202015%20PassengerSide.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  172.9 KB

Old 03-18-2015, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
Wet Okoles are pretty widely know with the Subaru and Jeep off-road crowds. Only problem is neoprene can give you swamp ass in hot weather, so wear dark colors.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by COBEs
First post from a long-time lurker. Just received my Weathertech mats yesterday, loving them so far. Also did the OEM ambient lighting(super easy install), taking some pics when it gets dark.
Those mats are fantastic. Mine are filthy from using them in this winter weather, but the carpets stay clean. I have the one-piece Husky mat in the rear - just as nice but less expensive.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Nice threads, i just got my honda jazz, modern steel last week. I like it very much.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Fitmo
.....problem is neoprene can give you swamp ass in hot weather, so wear dark colors.
We got hot weather but it hardly doesn't go over 95F if ever. And that happens for about an average of less than 20 days/yr. Since a lot of us islanders wear cargo pants and similar breathable clothes, swamp ass is rarely a problem.
An alternative would be to consider NeoSupreme instead of Neoprene. Looks the same, its cheaper and breathable - but not water-resistant (something our island lifestyle requires).
For others, leather is another choice. Am sure Clazzio's should be coming out with GK seatcovers which will sell a ton on the mainland.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Those mats are fantastic. I have the one-piece Husky mat in the rear - just as nice but less expensive.
Yeah, I really was tempted by the Husky mats, but I've had such good luck with previous WeatherTech products. Went with the brand I knew, even though it did cost me a bit more.

Did take a pick of the Honda ambient lighting kit I recently installed. I'm satisfied with it, though other posts showing custom applications do look more evenly lit. The light isn't particularly bright, but does give off a pleasing glow. The glow is more noticeable than what this photo shows.
Name:  IghEYBz.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  63.8 KB

Edit: Here's a better closeup shot
Name:  68Q9X07.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  32.5 KB

Last edited by COBEs; 03-21-2015 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Updated closeup shot
Old 03-21-2015, 01:35 PM
jhn
I found this dog Matt for vehicles for $20 in a sale bin at Michael's Craft (crap) store. It was the only one there and I took a chance with it because I transport a lot of dirty bicycle stuff and it might come in handy. It is made by a company called Aussie Naturals and surprisingly, fits great! It's made of a heavy nylon material that should be tough enough to resist dog nail punctures. It has nylon buckles and straps to hold it to upright headrests and a flap that folds out to protect the bumper. It also had sewn-in Velcro, but I cut the stitches and removed it all because I think it will eventually make the interior panels fuzzy and ruin them. Only thing I don't like is the color. Wish it was black.

I love it when I stumble onto deals like this.

Seats flat, layed out completely:

Seats up, straps secured to the headrest:

Folded up and placed under my rear tray when not in use. Can't even see it:

Old 03-21-2015, 06:19 PM
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I-vtech decals, 2" hitch with bike on, door sill bling and RS rear hatch emblem..... done.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:42 PM
Looking great morrijo, I'm going to bow to the bling one of these days!

Old 03-22-2015, 12:15 PM
@Unofficial Honda FIT Forums - View Profile: morrijo

Did you add some sort of rubber trim around where you sectioned out the bumper cover for the 2" hitch?

Old 03-23-2015, 03:28 AM
10k mile update

I own a white 2015 Fit, manual 6 speed transmission. I've driven from Texas to Florida and back. I just got a new job so I was commuting about 45 miles one way a day until I just recently moved closer. I was averaging 34.2 MPG. I performed my first oil change around 6k miles. Currently the car has 10,200 miles. I changed the oil, put K&N oil filter, and K&N air filter. I did see a slight MPG increase up to about 34.6 MPG. I drive a toll road going about 85 mph for 90% of my 45 mile commute. When I drive short distances, and keep my rpm's low I can increase my MPG some, but mine stays clocked at 34 MPG no matter how aggressive I drive or circumstances. The biggest difference I've noticed is throttle response during mid power band. With the stock air filter it felt like the engine was bogging or clutch was slipping between about 2700-3300 rpm. With the new air filter it pulls steady throughout the entirety of the power band, my throttle response seems to have improved.

I really want to put a turbo system on my fit, but I'm concerned with how much power that little engine can really take.

I'll probably just put coil overs on it around 18k miles. Along with flushing the transmission fluid. I have a project truck that I waste my money on, the Honda Fit is my daily.

Is there any skunk2 or spoon parts for these Fit's yet? I want to get a full exhaust and LSD. I would totally buy a vortech supercharger kit if it was truly bolt on and no fabrication needed, and includes a tune. I'm just not trying to buy an additional aftermarket boost control system.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Alex_hi
Is there any skunk2 or spoon parts for these Fit's yet? I want to get a full exhaust and LSD.
The GK5 parts. Go Tuning and ICB Motorsport have the N1 listed here in the US. Not sure if they have it in stock or will need a special order.

???? PRODUCTS

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK