3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
I had these lights in my previous car and removed them and put them in the Fit. They are very versatile. I have them set to cycle through the various colors.

Amazon.com: 4pc. Multi-Color 7 Color LED Interior Underdash Lighting Kit: Automotive Amazon.com: 4pc. Multi-Color 7 Color LED Interior Underdash Lighting Kit: Automotive

Old 02-13-2015, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by MrDucky
Could you give us your thoughts and a photo of the Dashmat once you have it installed. There are so many companies that make these things and I would like to find out who produces the highest quality in terms of fitment and glare reduction.
Will do. USPS tracking says I should get them Tuesday, I'm hoping they arrive tomorrow. I've seen the picture in the 2nd gen forum of a before and after, and those pictures were persuasive enough to order. I ordered the black velour Dashmat. It would be kind of nice to see what all the fabric types look like with good resolution pictures, the Dashmat pictures don't really do much to illustrate the different textures.

For anyone who has ordered items from China, how many days did it take from the last "despatch" from China to the USPS tracking origination location in the USA? My sill mats are still within the estimated time frame, but as a geographer I get a joy out of seeing packages dot their way across the country, or world in this case.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by GotFitB13

For anyone who has ordered items from China, how many days did it take from the last "despatch" from China to the USPS tracking origination location in the USA? My sill mats are still within the estimated time frame, but as a geographer I get a joy out of seeing packages dot their way across the country, or world in this case.

I am a logistics manager by day and my company owns two China facilities. China post adds about another 7-10 days transit when you figure customs gets finished with it, also vessel sailing and port congestion adds to this transit time potentially.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
... For anyone who has ordered items from China, how many days did it take from the last "despatch" from China to the USPS tracking origination location in the USA?
Stuff normally comes within 10 days, but I've ordered a lot of items lately that are overdue... I think this happened:

Old 02-13-2015, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Will do. USPS tracking says I should get them Tuesday, I'm hoping they arrive tomorrow. I've seen the picture in the 2nd gen forum of a before and after, and those pictures were persuasive enough to order. I ordered the black velour Dashmat. It would be kind of nice to see what all the fabric types look like with good resolution pictures, the Dashmat pictures don't really do much to illustrate the different textures.

I ordered a left-side footrest from ebay on 2/5. and I got a message yesterday (2/12) saying it was processed through NY. Checking the link, it was actually processed through NY the day before, 2/11.

Old 02-13-2015, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by tbFit
Stuff normally comes within 10 days, but I've ordered a lot of items lately that are overdue... I think this happened:

Not to mention that the west coast USA and Canada ocean ports union workers are on the verge of striking. They are over capacity and nothing is moving in or out. Also don't forget China New year, NOTHING is shipping out of there in volume during this time.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Sill plates

Got my sill plates in yesterday. Pretty good for the price. I will say the little blue squares that are pictured are actually left over film from the acid bath. Easy to peel off. I plan to plastidip them front and back, then paint the "Fit" in a nice metallic blue to match my interior setup. I'll need to get off my lazy ass and get an imgur account so I can show my finished product. My fit is starting to look very nice!

Old 02-14-2015, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
...I will say the little blue squares that are pictured are actually left over film from the acid bath. Easy to peel off. ...
Ha, good to know! I was wondering if it was just blue plastic and should have looked closer.

Ok, so I removed the plastic today, which in some cases was so uniform, it looked like paint and had edges impossible to snag with my fingernails. After about 10 minutes of effort and some 409 to remove the remaning residue, they cleaned up nice.

Here are some updated install photos:

Name:  8zQ95Vm.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  187.1 KB

Name:  FZ5Q6Qd.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  226.7 KB

Name:  ik0Lh8n.jpg
Size:  228.6 KB

Name:  IyTkyTF.jpg
Size:  193.5 KB

Last edited by tbFit; 02-15-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Looks so much better without the cheap paint

Old 02-16-2015, 01:49 AM
Ha, good to know! I was wondering if it was just blue plastic and should have looked closer.

Ok, so I removed the plastic today, which in some cases was so uniform, it looked like paint and had edges impossible to snag with my fingernails. After about 10 minutes of effort and some 409 to remove the remaning residue, they cleaned up nice.
Oh, those look classy! You may have sold me on them.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:03 AM
Installed door scuff plates.

What I like about these is that they wrap some protection around the outermost corner.

Found on aliexpress for about $20

Fashion!!So Cool!Stainless steel door sill scuff plate door threshold cover trim 4pcs for Honda Fit 2014 2015-in Chromium Styling from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Was there any other manufacturer information for those? They only had 3 sets, apparently, and are sold out.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by acter
Was there any other manufacturer information for those? They only had 3 sets, apparently, and are sold out.
Yes, I like them a lot. They look really nice.

Mfg info... No, not that I could find. I think between people here ordering them and the Chinese new year, they may be out of stock for a bit. I would check again in a few weeks.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:48 AM
Thanks, tbFit.

It looked like they only had 3 for sale.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:27 PM
Haven't done much yet.

-Honda red emblems front/rear
-Piaa extreme white headlight bulbs and ion yellow foglight bulbs
-HKS shift knob
-K&N drop in air filter

Took a couple of photos after washing it.
Name:  20150213_150230_zps0p6vhldo.jpg
Views: 1144
Size:  77.6 KB
Name:  20150213_150304_zpsdy1setua.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  72.8 KB
Name:  20150213_150410_zpsg2cd14sa.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  48.0 KB

Old 02-16-2015, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
I really do like the red emblems, but I will say my platidiped front and back look sick! BLACKOUT!

Old 02-16-2015, 09:40 PM
Over the weekend I took off the "chrome" rear hatch garnish and replaced it with the LX's black garnish. Part number 74890-T5A-J12 from Honda Parts Network for $58 excluding shipping. I popped off the H by clipping the pegs off the back side and attached the red emblem I got from ICB Motorsports. I had to shave with a razorblade the nubs left on the black rear hatch garnish where the stock H had been. It wasnt too hard, but as I read before the red emblem doesnt fit flush. I need to epoxy the bottom a bit.

The inside panel on the trunk was easy enough to pop off. Was pretty nervous at first about it, but read the GE forums and figured you just had to go for it. Popped right off by pulling around the edges. The chrome garnish was removed by unscrewing the two screws at either end - then with needle nose pliers I clamped in the tabs on two plugs a bit to make it come off easier. Before I could pull it off I had to also remove the rear wiper. I followed the GE8's JDM wiper mod and did that while I was at it. Not sure I'm gonna keep it that way.

Name:  IMAG0233.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  73.2 KB

Name:  IMAG0234-2.jpg
Views: 1313
Size:  76.3 KB

Next on the list will be to install the Swift Springs I got. Been reading up on DIY installation here. I love seeing everyone's progress and I'm on a constant hunt for new items for our GKs!!! Happy driving

Old 02-17-2015, 03:49 AM
Modified 5MT Gen 3

This July '14 88kw single-cam 5MT Thai-built Jazz from Sydney, Australia has been modified with:

• 17" Enkei GTC-01 alloy wheels
• Hancook S1 Noble 2 205/45/17 tyres
• Tein Street Advance coilovers
• Full vinyl wrap in matte grey (main body), matte black (partial bonnet & bumper), gloss black (roof) & gloss red (sides)
• Snap-On seat covers
• Window tint
• Ebay LED globes (here & there)
• Ebay red "H" badges
• Ebay black box camera

The factory colour was metallic black.

The 3rd Gen Jazz is a car on my top ten favorite cars list, based on its merit. There are many cars that are more luxurious, more powerful or look better, but I am totally in love with the Jazz as it does everything that it is supposed to so well. Driving it is stress-free, as is parking it. In most cases, I can use it to carry furniture back from IKEA, as well as everyday work duties.

I've been following FitFreak for some time now but have only started posting recently. Everyone seems quite nice; great community.

Hi everyone!

Michael

Old 02-17-2015, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
Looking very nice Demon. I'm a huge fan of wraps and love flat black. Those wheels are bangin!

Will say that 88kw falls short of what we get in the states though...

Old 02-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Dashmat arrival

My black velour Dashmat came today. The difference without it is better than I hoped. The amount of glare on the glass from the dashboard is nil. I feel like I could just be parked under a tree or bridge with the car just inside the shadow but everything else remaining bright. Particularly with all the snow on the ground/in the fields, I didn't have to squint nearly as hard without my sunglasses. Really, I barely had to squint at all. Of course these results will vary from person to person, but I'm extremely happy. I don't know if other colors would work as well or possibly cast a sheen of the fabric color on the glass, that's why I chose black.

I was surprised at how light the Dashmat actually is. I was expecting something fairly heavy, like a doormat type of backing, but it's very flexible and lightweight. I don't think that's a testament of it's its durability, though. I think it will last a good, long time. I received four strips of single sided Velcro to trim and place on the dash too hold it in place. I think that will be important so wind can't move it around when it gets warmer and I can roll the windows down. I think more Velcro may be needed to keep the Dashmat contours lined up with the dash, but I haven't had a chance to do that yet, so I'll find out.

It didn't have cutouts for the tweeters, but they claim it's not an impedance to sound passage, so that's all right. The Dashmat also covers the where the previous Fits had the upper glovebox.

Overall, I'm initially very pleased with the Dashmat, I'm looking forward taping it in place. Pictures will follow soon. I didn't have a camera on hand for manual exposure, etc.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:29 PM
Dang it, this was supposed to be a reply to the mods thread...the convenience of mobile browsing...

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK