3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 10:59 PM
An up-scaled pic would be interesting, showing the overall appearance of these on your car, tbFit.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by tbFit
Installed door scuff plates.

What I like about these is that they wrap some protection around the outermost corner.

Front:

Rear:

Found on aliexpress for about $20

Fashion!!So Cool!Stainless steel door sill scuff plate door threshold cover trim 4pcs for Honda Fit 2014 2015-in Chromium Styling from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
How do you like these? The look really nice. I was tempted to order them from eBay for about $30. Do they just have an adhesive backing to keep them in place? Does it seem like it will do a good job of preventing water/snow/ice and dirt and debris from getting caught where the sill meets the trim?

Old 01-28-2015, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by payluder

COMMENT: To give everyone an idea of PAYLUDER's other audio equipment:

Audison Bit one.1
Audison Voce K6 6.5 components
Audison Voce AV 5.1k 1650 watt
Audison Bit in
NVX 10 farat cap

These are all upper level components in the audio world. No wonder he's "extremely happy". Good share including the latest post on your rear sub. Very neat looking, indeed!!! - rttby
Rottboy, did he tell you that it was you who got him into all this?

Old 01-28-2015, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Installed door scuff plates.

What I like about these is that they wrap some protection around the outermost corner.

Found on aliexpress for about $20
url=http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fashion-So-Cool-Stainless-steel-door-sill-scuff-plate-door-threshold-cover-trim-4pcs-for-Honda/32235542566.html]Fashion!!So Cool!Stainless steel door sill scuff plate door threshold cover trim 4pcs for Honda Fit 2014 2015-in Chromium Styling from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group[/url]
[
Your sill plate seems to have blue in those little rectangles. On the site, it's hard to tell what's there. What's the story?

Old 01-28-2015, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Installed door scuff plates.......Found on aliexpress for about $20
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Your sill plate seems to have blue in those little rectangles. On the site, it's hard to tell what's there......
IMO, tbFit's door sill plates look way better than online. Those blue rectangles make them look sharp!!!
Another great share which should be the financial choice for many a GK owner!!!!

Originally Posted by fibrepunk
Rottboy, did he tell you that it was you who got him into all this?
LOL!!! Come on, I can't take credit for this!!! Only gave Payluder a couple of points to consider and he chose all by himself. The guy just has a good ear plus a larger paycheck than yours truly!!! Next time I'm in the mainland visiting my son in Frisco am going try to hook up with him. Gotta listen to his sounds and that nice sub he just installed.
Looks like GotFitB13 is gonna "rock" with his sub project.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 01-28-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GotFitB13
How do you like these? The look really nice. I was tempted to order them from eBay for about $30. Do they just have an adhesive backing to keep them in place? Does it seem like it will do a good job of preventing water/snow/ice and dirt and debris from getting caught where the sill meets the trim?
Yes, adhesive already attached. Hard to tell if it prevents debris build up, but my main concern was eliminating all the scratches that happen on the door sill. Maybe people will be more inclined to keep their feet off the sill if their is something nice looking to avoid.

Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Your sill plate seems to have blue in those little rectangles. On the site, it's hard to tell what's there. What's the story?
Yes, little blue dots. I could take or leave them personally.

Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
IMO, tbFit's door sill plates look way better than online. Those blue rectangles make them look sharp!!! ....
For $20 shipped, I can't complain! The shiny part on the innermost edge is like a mirror and looks pretty sharp.

Originally Posted by Fitster C.
An up-scaled pic would be interesting, showing the overall appearance of these on your car, tbFit.
Zoomed out pic:

Name:  TmVM4Ba.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  140.4 KB

Old 01-29-2015, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Looks like GotFitB13 is gonna "rock" with his sub project.
It's sounds REALLY good. I finished posting my install thread: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1289560

Old 01-29-2015, 12:21 AM
Yes, adhesive already attached. Hard to tell if it prevents debris build up, but my main concern was eliminating all the scratches that happen on the door sill. Maybe people will be more inclined to keep their feet off the sill if their is something nice looking to avoid.

For $20 shipped, I can't complain! The shiny part on the innermost edge is like a mirror and looks pretty sharp.

Zoomed out pic:

Those look really nice. For $20, I think I might have to order a set, that's practically a steal.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:51 AM

Zoomed out pic:

Truly $20 worth of Crazi Cool!

Old 01-29-2015, 02:06 AM
Truly $20 worth of Crazi Cool!
I have ordered this item, just because it's appealing (and delivered free of shipping charges).

I'm a second generation Fit owner, and it's time to celebrate my refusal of tattoos, and wrap myself around a bit of style. Modern Steel Metallic paint, the absence of the blue dot on the "i" (2008 edition) and chrome on each threshold of my 2015 EX will rock!

Old 01-29-2015, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
Husky Weather Beaters arrived yesterday!
And just in time too. Got about two feet of snow the other day and more on the way Friday and Monday so there will some salty ass slush to deal with for weeks to come.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by MacStevenXIII
Husky Weather Beaters arrived yesterday!
And just in time too. Got about two feet of snow the other day and more on the way Friday and Monday so there will some salty ass slush to deal with for weeks to come.

Less snow here, but plenty of red Georgia clay. Paid a little more, but I did not want to take delivery of my '15 EX without weather beaters in place!

Old 01-29-2015, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Just installed LEDs in the cargo, rear dome and driver/passanger lights. Nice bright and cool blue.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MacStevenXIII
Just installed LEDs in the cargo, rear dome and driver/passanger lights. Nice bright and cool blue.
I love those interior LEDs. Lots of light and very little draw on the battery. I plan to add some more LEDs to the cargo area.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
Wink

Just ordered mine. Thanks for the pics and the tips! I think I'm going to PlastiDip mine and use some model paint to fill the "Fit" with a metallic blue.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Those that got the shark antenna, where did you get them from? Do they make them pre-painted to match?

Old 01-29-2015, 11:55 PM
I ordered a similar sill guard from eBay.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator
3M Wrapped

Last Nov., my niece's guy suggested I have wrap installed on the front as he noticed I was quite anal about the new Fit. Told him that I already had an OEM bra but after a couple of months, I figured the convinience of "full-time" protection would be worth looking into. That, plus, a couple of FF guys have already done it to their GK's.
Lucky for me, his buddy does this business on the island, part-time, for "high-end" cars.
He cut me a deal for $160 for the bonnet, mirrors and headlights. Found that affordable so had it done today.

3M wrapping the bonnet starts

Name:  DSC03585.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  60.2 KB

On the bonnet

Name:  e46888ad-4498-4e47-a28a-ecf4ebf37b0a.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  61.7 KB

Stencil for the headlights

Name:  DSC03597.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  45.2 KB

Then again for the mirrors

Name:  DSC03599.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  34.7 KB

Install took about three hours. In the meantime I enjoyed the cars in his garage waiting for full body wraps - a Gallardo and an R8

Name:  DSC03575.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  85.2 KB

Then a Hurracan (correction: its an AVentador) arrives for an estimate. Owner says its first and only one, so far, on our island. I was totally humbled.

Name:  1763f0a9-14fa-4292-81fb-245885bfdffa.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  33.5 KB

Finishing up the mirrors

Name:  DSC03601.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  60.5 KB

Finished product in the garage

Name:  DSC03602.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  57.5 KB

Wife is so pissed cause she says it looks the same????????????? Nutz! Most probably will let her shop again this weekend to appease the household.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 01-30-2015 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:13 AM
Clearly a grand stroke of grand familial mediation! Now, in a nutshell, what's a bonnet? Does it last indefinitely, and will it keep a paint job in cherry condition regardless of environment?

Old 01-30-2015, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator
...what's a bonnet? Does it last indefinitely, and will it keep a paint job in cherry condition regardless of environment?
Bonnet = hood. Sorry, its from my former days in Oxford. Lol!!!!
Lasts 5 yrs. minimum. 3M Film is pretty thick. He actually showed me the stuff from China and its toilet-paper thin.

It will definitely keep the paint in "cherry" condition.

Then again we don't really have that many freeways here but hellova lot of pebbles and sand from the beaches!!!

Clearly the familial mediation, is costing enough to be able to buy an HRV!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 01-30-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK