3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
Gents,

Need some help. I've found the shift boot cover I want and am looking for a specific knob. Metallic ball, good weight, with blue text. Any help would be appreciated!

Current plans:
Shift knob and boot (black suede, blue stitching and above)
Lloyd Rubertite mats in gray/silver
Plastidip grill and lift gate trim
Lightweight pulleys (blue)
Skunk2 caps
Skunk2 cold air intake

Old 01-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Seat Pitch

Originally Posted by tbFit
Thanks and point taken on the potential stresses... And yes, the depth on the threads went deep through the holes from my testing.

Of course, the standard disclaimer applies to any of these modifications; do at your own risk.

It sure would be nice if Honda put another few $ of parts into these front seats and made them angle adjustable like the better seats in the old days; '85 Supra, 99' Integra, etc.
I was thinking of doing the same thing but looking at bolts from McMaster Carr that has a 10.2 hardness and using spacers instead of washers. I wonder what the sheer rating is for those types of bolts and if there's a way to determine the energy from a crash at certain speeds. Hmm.. Interesting topic to be sure. Sounds like you guys know what you're talking about... I didn't even consider some of this.

Old 01-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
I tried to do that and failed. I ruined two remotes trying to get the wires soldered onto the circuit board. I even sent it to a pro on another forum who solders as part of his job. The problem with both remotes was they worked erratically. Now I have a button with nothing to operate. Still looking for a use for another switch or button.
Just curious, what manufacturer remote are you using? I use the Genie brand and this is my second "hidden" remote and so far no problems with ruining them. Granted, I did have to use a magnifying glass, some clips, and a very steady hand to get it to solder to the small contact points without burning the board but all in all they came out well and functional. Not claiming to be a pro at soldering - just lucky!

Old 01-05-2015, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by scotlinkon
Just curious, what manufacturer remote are you using? I use the Genie brand and this is my second "hidden" remote and so far no problems with ruining them. Granted, I did have to use a magnifying glass, some clips, and a very steady hand to get it to solder to the small contact points without burning the board but all in all they came out well and functional. Not claiming to be a pro at soldering - just lucky!
I have a Sears opener and remotes. Snapping the case apart, you see that the battery remains attached to one half of the case, and the circuit board is on the other, so I have to snap it back together to test it.

Old 01-05-2015, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Audison full digital

Ok its been a few weeks since I had my system redone and now its time to share my setup here is the list of ice installed in my car.

Audison bit one.1
installed under passenger seat

Audison Voce k6 component front speakers running full active

Audison Voce AV 5.1k amp with custom mount under spare tire
installed using cat5 RJ-75 cable and RJ-15 full digital signal with no RCA wires.

NXV 10 farad cap under driver seat

temporary JL audio 8w3 in ported box this has to go even with 600watts rms my door speaker is over powering it. I will be having a custom fiber glass box on the left side corner of the truck with a JL audio 10w6 which just came in today.

The sound coming from my front speakers are amazing I was surprise how much clarity and depth can come out from just the front door speakers. My rear speakers were disabled for obvious reasons.

Last edited by payluder; 01-05-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:07 AM
they make sway bars for the gk yet? or a ladder brace?

Old 01-07-2015, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
Old 01-07-2015, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
Just ordered my suede (blue stitching) boot cover, JDM Black Chrome Stainless Steel Shift Knob 6 Speed MT, and Lloyd mats. Will post pics when I get the boot cover and knob hooked up.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Where would I purchase the rear LED upper piping tail-lights (as in JDM GK Hybrid) ?

Old 01-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Studded snow tires are expensive, and you can only have them mounted for limited months out of the year (in CT at least) When I outfitted my Gk with the trailer harness/hitch, they threw in the snow chains for the GK 16" tires and for under 50 bucks! Plenty of traction, but it does feel like your rumbling along in a tank haha!

Tire Chains for 2015 Honda Fit - Glacier PW1026

Don't forget the stabilizer straps to tighten the chains on the wheel so it doesn't slip around.
http://www.etrailer.com/p-PW99.html

Old 01-10-2015, 07:40 AM
just bought Honda Fit Floor Mats

Recommended for durability. Tried the carpeted mats on other cars, did not last as long and were a tad more challenging to clean. These are very easy to clean.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:42 AM
just bought Honda Fit Cargo Cover

There are two important things to take away from the reviews. First, recline the rear seats slightly using the level that tilts them forward. If you do not, you will have about a 3 inch gap with makes the contents fairly visible. Second, get the clips taped to the bottom of the cardboard packing material. There is not any indication the clips come with the cover. I was lucky enough to hear them rattle as I was throwing the box away. I did not have any issues with the seller.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
Cool stuff

Guys, just been surfing for parts and found the following:

blue H emblems
Robot Check Robot Check

blue Mugen badges
Robot Check Robot Check

red RS badge
Robot Check Robot Check

black RS badge
Robot Check Robot Check

more to come

Old 01-10-2015, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
In the future I'd like to get one of those. Looks nice too.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
Where did you get it and how much?
Gregg

Old 01-10-2015, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
Old 01-10-2015, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by sumaker

Recommended for durability. Tried the carpeted mats on other cars, did not last as long and were a tad more challenging to clean. These are very easy to clean.
I got the same ones in July, and they are good.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by scotlinkon
After many additions (new horns, mats, window visors, body moulding, door edge guard, leather shift knob... I wondered what I could do with the garage door opener. I've never been comfortable with leaving it exposed, clipped to the visor, or the pre-installed openers in the overhead. I had installed an inconspicuous one in my truck so I decided to do the same with the new FIT. On the EX I had a few blanks in the dash panel just left and below the steering wheel. Only one occupied was the traction control. I popped one of those out, did some careful trimming of the inside of it to make room for a button, and gutted a garage door opener for its circuit board. Some soldering, a cheap plastic housing I had laying around, some drilling, some Dremel'ing and I had an opener velcro'd under the dash (with enough wire I could pull it should I need to change the battery) with the button looking like it was part of the dash and design somewhat. Either way, it's not obvious what it is for and gives me a little more quiet mindedness should I leave the car in the driveway and forget to lock it that no one could just open the door and then have access to my garage. Not sure I'm able to post pics yet but when I figure out how to, I'll post some results. Now I'm just contemplating some design ideas for the armrest based on some others I've seen in this community.
This sounds like a great project. I'd like to try this myself. I'd appreciate any pics if you have them. Feel free to just use imgur.com if you can't get them uploaded to the forum. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by sumaker

There are two important things to take away from the reviews. First, recline the rear seats slightly using the level that tilts them forward. If you do not, you will have about a 3 inch gap with makes the contents fairly visible. Second, get the clips taped to the bottom of the cardboard packing material. There is not any indication the clips come with the cover. I was lucky enough to hear them rattle as I was throwing the box away. I did not have any issues with the seller.
this is for a GE not a GK... just saying

Old 01-16-2015, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Today's mod was a complete replacement of the engine oil and filter. (c:

es

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK