3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
i-VTECH decals

I chose a different placement of these decals. Also went with "gun-metal instead of black with a bit of "red-eye" ... and I like it. The decals are hard to see when standing next to the vehicle as the lower door panel slopes toward the ground. As a result the decals are less conspicuous than when placed on the lower rear door.

I taped them first on the rear doors and other locations and eyed them for a quite a while before deciding. I settled for the front doors which frame them perfectly. It really changes the look ..... or is it just me justifying what I just did?

COMMENT: Think your sticker placement blends better with the Fit's door angle design. Great install and looking good!!! - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-06-2014 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz
I chose a different placement of these decals. Also went with "gun-metal instead of black with a bit of "red-eye" ... and I like it. The decals are hard to see when standing next to the vehicle as the lower door panel slopes toward the ground. As a result the decals are less conspicuous than when placed on the lower rear door.

I taped them first on the rear doors and other locations and eyed them for a quite a while before deciding. I settled for the front doors which frame them perfectly. It really changes the look ..... or is it just me justifying what I just did?

Any placement of those decals are pretty cool. It stands out to the general public that you got something awesome under the hood.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Decided to install a pair of Hella horns which requires front bumper removal. Took me around three hours for the whole process. Instead of a high-tone beep the OEM's have, the Hella's are more of a "honk". Loudness is similar with the OEM's piercing as compared to the softer sounding Hella's.

Bumper off:

OEM horns. Under the bumper, they are located in front of the right tire and the other, in the center under the a/c condensor.

Hella's wired and installed.

IMO, not a necessary mod. Just did it cause the horns were bought months ago thinking that Honda may put just a single horn like I got in my GD. I hated it!!!!

Well, at least, when I toot it'll sound like a different Fit.
Thanks for the post. I'm surprised the Fit has two horns. It sounds like one. The Civic also required bumper removal to get at the horns, but it wasn't difficult - just tedious. I plan to install a pair of FIAMM horns. They're cheap and loud.

Comment: Yeah, bumper removal is pretty straight-forward. What took the majority of time was the wiring. OEM horn has only one wire going in (positive). The body is the negative. Hella's and Fiamm's will have two terminals (+ & -), therefore an additional connection to establish negative is necessary. With the magnets being larger, installed the supplied relay.
Soldered both connections then shrink-wrapped, then loom covered the wires. Wanted to keep the OEM + connector (female) so had to fabricate a small flat pin which would be inserted in place. Negative was wired to the retaining bolt connected to the car frame.
As for volume of sound, the OEM's are pretty decent and piercing (like in Honda motorcycles). Hella's sound euro car-like. - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-06-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Norab
come on guys my girlfriend has more mods than what im seeing on here.

It also looks like she has a bent rim.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:39 AM
^^ yeah front right rim definitely looks bent

Old 11-06-2014, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
Rottboy -- YOU MADMAN!!

Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Decided to install a pair of Hella horns which requires front bumper removal. Took me around three hours for the whole process.
Nice job and great pics, as usual!! You're a mad-man!!!
While removing the front bumper did you happen to notice if the wiring harness on your LX is set up for fog lamps? That's an option I'd like to install if the wiring isn't too intense.

REply: Mad-man??? Your not the first to call me that. The wife's been telling me the same thing daily for the past 3 decades!!!!!

Ah, seems we both think the same. That's one of the first things I looked for. Was hoping I would find an open connector for the foglights but alas, nothing is pre-wired on my LX. Note that mine is an earlier production so don't know if the later ones may have it. - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-06-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:08 PM
I finally got around to doing a DIY video on those cargo LED lights.....
Borrowed a photo from Rottboy that shows how he and I both ran the wiring.

COMMENT: This is a terrific share. Kudos for the video effort. Forsee many a GK owner following your lead!!!! Like the detailedness and parts identifications. Seeing posts like this keeps making me come back to FF just to see what else I can learn. Very bright results for the boot area!!!- rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-06-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Mike Houser
I am doing it only for the extra layer of protection..for the LCD panel
Where did you get yours?

how much? $

Old 11-07-2014, 02:31 PM
replacement all interior and license plate bulb with led
lowered on tein springs
25mm spacer
stickered up the car.
red honda emblem front and back
tint

Old 11-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by 15/SILVER/EXL
Saw this arm rest on a European FIT forum….hmmmm…might have to try and locate this armrest with Storage….sharp! Its for the 15 FIT/Jazz! Gotta be sure it will work on the US FIT.
Really surprised there hasn't been any extra interest in this. I'm curious to see if there's an OEM solution to the shortness of the armrest like this. Anyone have any ideas besides a yoga block?

Old 11-07-2014, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
llumar 9 window tint and door edge guards.
oem rubber floor mats, front and rear.
weather tech winter floor mats, front.
interior, tag and cargo area led bulbs.
toyo observe snow tires.
red "h" for steering wheel.
pinnacle black label diamond sealant.
activated xm radio.

msm exl

Old 11-07-2014, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CMK-
Really surprised there hasn't been any extra interest in this. I'm curious to see if there's an OEM solution to the shortness of the armrest like this. Anyone have any ideas besides a yoga block?
I agree the center armrest is a joke. No idea why Honda decided to make it so low that it's practically useless as a armrest. They should have just added one directly onto the driver's chair.

I guess I will just find a mini pillow to put it there. Or memory foam?

Old 11-07-2014, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
As suggested by another member here, I dug around the house and found a 4" x 6" x 9" yoga block. I don't use it around town but did put it behind the seat for highway trips. He strapped his onto the console lid.

I found another smaller pad to put on the door armrest.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ellatron
tinted my fit this past saturday. took the guy about 3-4 hours. 35% all around with a 5% strip on the front. it looks amazing in my opinion.

Very nice. I got mine tinted 20% in the rear and 50% for the front using Viper brand. Being in California it's illegal to tint the front figured you know what long as the tint in the front "looks" lighter than the rear I don't think cops will bother me.

This is my third car here in California being tinted like that and never had a problem.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
Here is mine taken on Treasure Island near San Francisco area.

Name:  IMG_7083_zps08fa6fe6.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  103.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7082_zps8e8efbfe.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  105.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7169_zps16e096ca.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  98.1 KB

Last edited by DArkk; 11-08-2014 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Administrator
We already have a thread for a similar topic, threads merged

Old 11-08-2014, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Thanks for the post. I'm surprised the Fit has two horns. It sounds like one. The Civic also required bumper removal to get at the horns, but it wasn't difficult - just tedious. I plan to install a pair of FIAMM horns. They're cheap and loud.
If the GK horn is the same set up as the GE, the 2nd horn maybe the alarm horn. On the GE the alarm horn is located behind the driver side headlight housing. That is probably why your Fit sounds like one.

@Rottboy: Can you please confirm if this is true. A simple way of testing this is to just press the remote on your key. If you hear a "meep", the GK has a total of 3 horns. If you hear the Hella, then the GK has 2 horns like the GE.

REply: Better yet, scroll back to post #658 for a pictorial confirmation. - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-08-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Does that exhaust tip just screw on or do you need to cut the tail pipe to fit it?

REply: Screws on. Got 3 outer screws which clamp on the muffler tip. - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-09-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz

COMMENT: Think your sticker placement blends better with the Fit's door angle design. Great install and looking good!!! - rttby
I agree. HOnestly, I am waiting for my decals to arrive and I never even thought to put them anywhere other than the rear door. I think they tuck in nicely under that ridge on the front door. Thanks for creating a new decision I have to make!

Old 11-09-2014, 12:02 PM

can you post a pic please installed?

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK