3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
That is awesomely cool for another terrific share. Am going to order those pedals.
No Problem!

I think i will end up getting them soon. Its about 130 shipped to US from amazon.jp

Old 10-06-2014, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
Here are pics of the cheap alternative sound deadening. It's Peel & Seal roof flashing from Lowes.

I did the backside of the outer panels, then the inside panels. I think each roll only weighs about 6 lbs or so. The stuff works awesome. I've used it on several cars in the past. No reason to waste money on the other stuff.

Name:  r9s1wOC.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  108.2 KB

Name:  DxYgOOr.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  124.8 KB

Name:  la5VGSn.png
Views: 107
Size:  178.4 KB

Old 10-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
looks like garage vary has some stuff for you GKers. looks like they are doing some Takeros/Modulo add on pieces
fender flares & rear spoiler extension should work, but those bumper valences will not as Us spec bumpers are different.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:19 AM
I used to work at a car audio shop and while we would sell dynamite sound deadening material to customers all the employees would use that gutter liner or rubberized undercoating because it works just as well for a fraction of the price.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Superfly
......alternative sound deadening. It's Peel & Seal roof flashing from Lowes........No reason to waste money on the other stuff.......
Take heed all, this is sound advise if you wanna save. Sadly, found about this a bit too late from Superfly. If I were to do this all over again, it would be a visit to Lowe's!!!!

Another constructive share!! Keep 'em comin boys!!!!!

Originally Posted by HarWeevKllr
......used to work at a car audio shop....would sell dynamite sound deadening material to customers..... employees would use that gutter liner.....works just as well for a fraction of the price.
Confirmation coming from an former audio shop employee. Insider info that counts!!!! (think you meant Dynamat not Dynamite) Thanks!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 10-06-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Superfly
Here are pics of the cheap alternative sound deadening. It's Peel & Seal roof flashing from Lowes.
Thanks Superfly! That is a lot easier looking and less expensive to do. We're learning a lot as we go.

Susan

Old 10-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
looks like garage vary has some stuff for you GKers. looks like they are doing some Takeros/Modulo add on pieces

too bad none of the JDM kit will fit USDM bumper

Old 10-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Yes, it is a shame Sir Mixalot designed the usdm bumpers.

I have subscribed to NJ Parts on Facebook as I am thinking of getting a body kit from them and found this little vid this morning that I think you will like especially since they have confirmed in the comments that they will ship to the US.

http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=...type=2&theater

Old 10-07-2014, 02:11 AM
Take heed all, this is sound advise if you wanna save. Sadly, found about this a bit too late from Superfly. If I were to do this all over again, it would be a visit to Lowe's!!!!

Another constructive share!! Keep 'em comin boys!!!!!

Confirmation coming from an former audio shop employee. Insider info that counts!!!! (think you meant Dynamat not Dynamite) Thanks!!!
For the Aussie's, you can find a Peel and Seal style aluminium flashing at Master's (a JV between Lowe's and Woolworths). It is about $40 for a 20cm x 10m roll. They also carry a product called Fast fix which is about $60 for a 22cm x 5m roll which is getting up there on price but the 5m roll of Fast fix felt a bit heavier than the 10m roll. I opted for the Fast Fix since my speakers arrived today and I hope to do the install this week. The first thing I will be applying it to is the licence plate that rattles already.

https://www.masters.com.au/product/9...ape-220mm-x-5m

Old 10-07-2014, 01:48 PM
im going to be tinting my windows this Satuday. Total cost is $260. that is all windows with the top strip on the front. Best quote I got in my area. thinking of doing 30% all around. ive done that with my past cars and always looked great. not too dark yet not to light.

after that, I will be getting the all weather floor mats and cargo cover. some time in the future I will get the LED interior footwell.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by nicco
For the Aussie's, you can find a Peel and Seal style aluminium flashing at Master's...........
Share baby share!!!! That's what this forum is all about. Am sure other Aussie's will find your post enlightening. Good job man!!!

Originally Posted by ellatron
......tinting my windows.....cost is $260. that is all windows with the top strip on the front. ....... thinking of doing 30% ......
after that...all weather floor mats.....cargo cover........the LED interior footwell.
$260 is damn good. Used 15% and paid $250 for and that's only the rear doors and hatch. Guess the tinters here on the island base their charge on the amount of sunlight we get on the beaches!!!

As for your add-ons, this forum is deadly when it comes to making us Fit owners spend. It just adds up more and more!!!! You have now been warned. Don't forget to post pics!!!!!

Talking about pics - Super thanks to WAIZ, Super Mod, who gave us GK owners our own sub-sections.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 10-07-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator
And the Install saga continues

Today, the install of the OEM Door Sills was accomplished. Pricey item, yes!!! ($250 shipped) That's the bad.
The good, wiring harness is complete as well as detailed instructions. Its practically "plug n play". Everything you need (other than tools) are included in the factory kit. Took me three hours but then again, am careful and don't want to break anything.

Name:  2015HondaFitDoorSillInstallOct72014LeftClose.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  42.4 KB

Name:  2015HondaFitDoorSillInstallOct72014RightClose.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  59.5 KB

And the install posts continue!!!

BTW, borrowed my cousin's Nikon SLR, so hopefully the pics generate better quality compared to my phone!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 10-08-2014 at 04:32 AM.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:19 AM
5 Year Member
Today, the install of the OEM Door Sills was accomplished. Pricey item, yes!!! ($250 shipped) That's the bad.
The good, wiring harness is complete as well as detailed instructions. Its practically "plug n play". Everything you need (other than tools) are included in the factory kit. Took me three hours but then again, am careful and don't want to break anything.

BTW, borrowed my cousin's Nikon SLR, so hopefully the pics generate better quality compared to my phone!!!
Well, maybe if you had used a Canon SLR haha. Just kidding. Those look real good. Good job!

Old 10-08-2014, 07:54 AM

Those sills look SO good. Based on your experience, how difficult would you say the project is for a total novice? As in, someone who has never so much as plugged in a new light bulb into their car interior (up until last week, anyway :P). I'm relatively good with tools and following directions, but I just have no concept of how to rip into a car, and all things electrical, including terminology and use of random electrical tools like crimpers and wire nuts kind of elude me.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by spaghetina
Those sills look SO good. Based on your experience, how difficult would you say the project is for a total novice? As in, someone who has never so much as plugged in a new light bulb into their car interior (up until last week, anyway :P). I'm relatively good with tools and following directions, but I just have no concept of how to rip into a car, and all things electrical, including terminology and use of random electrical tools like crimpers and wire nuts kind of elude me.

I hope to be doing this project myself soon. You can find the installation directions here http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/...m_AII51167.pdf

Old 10-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by spaghetina
......how difficult.... for a total novice?......have no concept of how to rip into a car.........electrical, .......terminology....... random electrical tools....elude me.
If it took me 3 hours, it might take a novice at least double the time. However, if one can read plus absorb instructions, you should be fine.
Definitely proceed to Jupiter Joe's link and read over and over. Over one week-end, before you make any purchase, attempt to disassemble one side (preferably the driver's side -cause that's where the plug-in is located). Once you feel comfortable with that, you know its time to make the purchase.
Here's a tip - get some plastic trim removal tools. e.g
Amazon Amazon
If not for anything else, doing this exercise, will at the very least, make you familiar with the location of the under-dash fuse box.
Please disconnect the negative terminal of the battery before starting any electrical related work. Use a 10mm tool to loosen battery bolt.
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Additional input: There is a Bay Area group of FFs that meet regularly. Am sure they won't mind your dropping in. They'll all be glad to help show you what to do!!!! Its basically panel and door weatherstrip removal.

Originally Posted by JupiterJoe
.......doing this project myself soon........ installation directions here http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/...m_AII51167.pdf
Initially wasn't interested in the OEM door sills (too pricey). This was one of the last items I stocked up before the GK delivery. I did read the install directions (from Bernardi site too!!!!) before making the purchase.

Now its installed, aesthetically, it's a more worthwhile OEM accessory than realized.

One gets to see it everytime you open the door and see "Blue" Fit LED's staring at you. IMO, it does not look cheesy or cheap.

JupiterJoe. You, I, plus all the FF members are gonna continue to assist spaghetina and anyone else who needs guidance.

Good job on posting that link!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 10-08-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:13 PM
has anyone changed their LX/EX CVT shift knob to the leather CVT shift knob yet. wanting to buy it but there is no installation instructions...

Old 10-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator
Continuing mod installs

Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
This thread needs to be stickied at the top....
DONE!!!

After doing errands had time to install the OEM rear seat covers. Actually came out pretty good. Its neoprene-type material and should suit my doggie well.

Honda should make them for the front seats too!!!

Name:  DSC_0017.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  68.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0015-1.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  58.2 KB

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 10-10-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:11 PM
i like going through this thread to find cool ideas i can do to my own car. even though it's not a honda.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Two layers of the Flex Fit (Peel n seal) applied to the rear licence plate. Weight increased from 120 grams to 250 grams and the noise from it vibrating is gone.

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK