3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Hope I can get some help here

So I have been wondering if I can put a shift knob (screw-in) for my A/T 2015 Fit EX using an adapter.. My main concern of course since this is an A/T car, that there is a button to press before moving the stick shift..

I was looking at this option:
https://www.speeddawg.com/shift-knob...-adapter-black

or this (but having a hard time looking for a site to buy it online):

Has anybody tried using this adapter? or anything similar?

I think I like the idea of changing the knob just for fun. My first knob would be this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1844114...shift-knob-tap

and the next a Peace sign knob most likely...

Cheers!!! and Thanks in advance!

Old 10-03-2014, 10:48 AM
This thread needs to be stickied at the top....

Old 10-04-2014, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator
Tint installed

Yesterday was tinting day. Originally wanted Huper Optiks but when viewing the sample, was'nt too crazy about the silvery look from the outside. Decided on 15% Llumar CTX ceramic instead. Pretty pleased with the result. Here's hoping the local authorities don't give me grief!!!!
Name:  2015HONDAFITOct22014TintLeftsideinstalled.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  82.0 KBName:  2015HONDAFITOct22014Rearagain.jpg
Views: 1402
Size:  73.5 KB

Installed the OEM front Nose Mask.

Name:  2015HONDAFITOct22014NoseMaskinstalled.jpg
Views: 1359
Size:  107.2 KB

Started with the CLD tile install on the RF door. Sound deadening on the rest of the GK is gonna take another 5 days.

[IMG]http://<a href=http://s925.photobucket.com/user/kimberidpa/media/2015HONDAFITOct22014CLDTileinstallRFdoor.jpg.html target=_blank>Name:  2015HONDAFITOct22014CLDTileinstallRFdoor.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  100.2 KBName:  2015HONDAFITOct22014CLDTileinstallRFdoor.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  100.2 KB

Today was "rest" day. Took the dog for a long ride now that the 16" alloys are on. Unfortunately, could'nt duplicate the mpg gained last week with the original 15" steelies. Got 44mpg (2mpg less). On the positive side, compared to the original Firestones that came with the steel rims, the 16" Kumhos are quieter and smoother.
Mileage will only get worse, once the sound-deadening and stereo are completed. Well, if 38-40mpg will be the result, will still be satisfied.

Apologize once again for the crappy cell phone pics.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 10-04-2014 at 02:52 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
Hey, as an FYI, I started sound deadening my car the other day and what I've always used is roof flashing from lowes. It comes in a 6"x25' roll for around $16 and is essentially the same thing as dynamat. I've used this for years and it's very effective. I line the backside of the outer panels and also the inside of the panels completely. I figure 3 or 4 rolls and the car is totally covered.

Old 10-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by stembridge
.........Waiting to hear back from an AU parts house - they asked for pics and part numbers. ......it will be all four lights .....
That will be awesome for this community if you can find a reliable source that will ship. Hoping you decide on the four. Will look for your updates.

Originally Posted by Superfly
FYI.....started sound deadening......always used ....roof flashing from lowes.....around $16 ......it's very effective....3 or 4 rolls and the car is totally covered.
Damn, that is certainly the way I should have gone. That's easily 65% cheaper than what I paid.

The branded CLD tiles cost me $200 for 18 sheets of 18" x 36" (72 SQ. FT.) Keep on sharing those helpful tips. Don't forget to post pics of your sound deadening.

BTW, your headlight conversion project is "Supercool"!!!!

Old 10-04-2014, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
That will be awesome for this community if you can find a reliable source that will ship. Hoping you decide on the four. Will look for your updates.

Damn, that is certainly the way I should have gone. That's easily 65% cheaper than what I paid.

The branded CLD tiles cost me $200 for 18 sheets of 18" x 36" (72 SQ. FT.) Keep on sharing those helpful tips. Don't forget to post pics of your sound deadening.

BTW, your headlight conversion project is "Supercool"!!!!
Thanks. I'm out of town currently but once I get back to the project I'll be sure to post some pics.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:29 PM
When going for a blox Shift knob, do i need to get a certain one that will fit the 15 fit?
and does anyone got a picture with one on?

Old 10-05-2014, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good and thanks for the pictures. What's involved in removing the door panels? I have Dynamat waiting to go in there. Will you be weighing the sound deadener you install? I doubt that it will make a measurable difference in MPG, but it would be interesting to know.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Looks good and thanks for the pictures. What's involved in removing the door panels? I have Dynamat waiting to go in there. Will you be weighing the sound deadener you install? I doubt that it will make a measurable difference in MPG, but it would be interesting to know.
Silver , each door's window control has a little rectangular notch in the front against the panel that you can put a flathead in and pry up to release. You then take out a screw from the door release and a screw under each window control.

For the front doors just pry the plastic covering off once u got the two screws off.

For the rear, u also have to remove the triangular plastic covering against the edge of the window before you start prying the door panels off.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:06 PM

One thing I'm curious about is that some of the metallic lining applied to the fit for sound deadening looks very thin whereas the dynamat type products look thicker with a rubbery type layer. How does the thin metallic stuff or roof flashing that also looks thin to me help insulate the sound as well as the thicker dynamat lining?

Thanks,

Susan

Old 10-05-2014, 04:36 PM
As long as its made for Honda products, it will fit. Scroll back to post #426 and there's a Blox on and LX 6-speed.

Already have the Blox but we gotta follow Sheepnutz's lead. Get the OEM 6-speed leather knob for the JDM GK RS. Its bigger, heavier (than the stock shifter) and just looks way too cool. Wife is currently in Toyko and she is getting (or at least ordering one for me).

Am liking the weightiness of the Blox however, the metal feel is just too new for me. Will gift this to my in-law's son for his Civic manual.
I do agree, I've never used a metal shift knob always leather. Just these GK RS knobs are impossible to get it seems.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Darkshowdo
....blox Shift knob, do i need to get a certain one that will fit the 15 fit?......
As long as its made for Honda products, it will fit. Scroll back to post #426 and there's a Blox on and LX 6-speed.

Already have the Blox but we gotta follow Sheepnutz's lead. Get the OEM 6-speed leather knob for the JDM GK RS. Its bigger, heavier (than the stock shifter) and just looks way too cool. Wife is currently in Toyko and she is getting (or at least ordering) one for me.

Am liking the weightiness of the Blox however, the metal feel is just too new for me. Will gift this to my in-law's son for his Civic manual.

.....these GK RS knobs are impossible to get it seems.
Please go to Sheepnutz's thread on this knob. He sourced it from Ebay!!!

.....What's involved in removing the door panels? I have Dynamat waiting to go in there.....weighing the sound deadener...... I doubt that it will make a measurable difference in MPG.......
REmoving the panels is much like the GE. Watch YouTube and you'll figure it out.
- Pop up the plastic panel where the power window switch is located. Unhook wire. Remove screw.
- Remove second screw behind door handle (exposed)
- pry the bottom with some plastic tool. Once you get a grip, give it a firm pull for the bottom, then work on the sides to the upper portion. Trim will come off. Door handle stays on the vehicle.

Have got roughly 70 sq. ft. of CLD, CCF and MLV. Installed they will add 150 lbs.+ Add the stereo components and am looking at 200 lbs. easily. Am expecting to lose 2-3 mpg. but only time will tell. For sure to make a comparison once all is done (another 2 weeks???)

Originally Posted by SusanB
......... metallic lining applied to the fit for sound deadening.......How does the thin metallic stuff or roof flashing that also looks thin to me help insulate the sound as well as the thicker dynamat lining?....
Susan, many schools of thought on this issue. Have read all about them and decided to follow the suggestions on this link:
Doors | Sound Deadener Showdown
REad it and you'll understand why most audio people use CLD tiles to augment the factory installed "sorry" sound-deadening. Hope this helps. CLD tiles has to be used in conjunction with other material to provide truth sound insulation.

Here's an update on installs done yesterday and early this am:

- As part of the stereo upgrade, installed tweeters using the OEM grills. Being an LX these are no factory tweeters. Polk's are too big so I drilled a hole in the grill center and used the Polk supplied tweeter cup. Pretty pleased with the result.

Name:  2015HondaFitBESTPolktweeterinstalldashRightOct42014.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  67.6 KB

- Cut out MLV and CCF. Bonded them together and installed on the two front doors. The door closes and sounds like a vault. It now has a solid "thud".

Name:  2015HondaFitCCFMLVdoortrimcut-outLEFTOct42014.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  109.8 KB

- Installed CLD on the left rear door.

Name:  2015HondaFitREarLeftdoorCLDwithfactoryplasticOct42014.jpg
Views: 1350
Size:  86.2 KB

That's it for now. Time for the NFL and some beer!!! Will continue sound-deadening work tomorrow and hopefully finish all the doors. Then will do the same with the trunk floor etc....... the stereo work can commence soon after. Have to admit, this is not a quick job. Gotta take time to measure everything. No wonder stereo installers charge a lot!!!

TMFIT - did you watch the Brown's game today??? It was a good one!!!! My Giants WON!!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 10-05-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:25 PM
LED Parking Light.

Name:  TLK9Ir6.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  400.6 KB

Old 10-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by bbigmouthh
LED Parking Light.

Please give me..

Old 10-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Susan, many schools of thought on this issue. Have read all about them and decided to follow the suggestions on this link:
Doors | Sound Deadener Showdown
REad it and you'll understand why most audio people use CLD tiles to augment the factory installed "sorry" sound-deadening. Hope this helps. CLD tiles has to be used in conjunction with other material to provide truth sound insulation.

Here's an update on installs done yesterday and early this am:

- As part of the stereo upgrade, installed tweeters using the OEM grills.

Name:  2015HondaFitBESTPolktweeterinstalldashRightOct42014.jpg
Views: 1473
Size:  67.6 KB

- Cut out MLV and CCF. Bonded them together and installed on the two front doors. The door closes and sounds like a vault. It now has a solid "thud".

Name:  2015HondaFitCCFMLVdoortrimcut-outLEFTOct42014.jpg
Views: 1341
Size:  109.8 KB

- Installed CLD on the left rear door.

Name:  2015HondaFitREarLeftdoorCLDwithfactoryplasticOct42014.jpg
Views: 1357
Size:  86.2 KB

That's it for now. Time for the NFL and some beer!!! Will continue sound-deadening work tomorrow and hopefully finish all the doors. Then will do the same with the trunk floor etc....... the stereo work can commence soon after. Have to admit, this is not a quick job. Gotta take time to measure everything. No wonder stereo installers charge a lot!!!

TMFIT - did you watch the Brown's game today??? It was a good one!!!! My Giants WON!!!!![/QUOTE]

Wow, great link and very interesting. I take it you did not buy the $772.00 fit kit but bought certain items that you knew you could use for sure.

I'm curious what the clear plastic stuff is on the door panel. It is surrounded by the black stuff.

Thanks,

Susan

Old 10-05-2014, 09:20 PM
For those with a 6MT i have found a set a aluminium pedals to use. Will cost about $75 after shipping though.
They are nice as you can choose a color you want not best looking ones.

Really wish i could find the GK RS pedals part number, i be interested in getting those plus the shift knob.

¡Ú³ÚÅ·»Ô¾ì¡Û¥Õ¥£¥Ã¥È GK·Ï ¥¢¥ë¥ß ¥¹¥Ý¡¼¥Ä ¥Ú¥À¥ë¥«¥Ð¡¼ MT¼Ö Á´4¿§¡§KAC

Old 10-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by bbigmouthh
LED Parking Light. ..........
Sweeeeet!!!!

Originally Posted by SusanB
......bought certain items that you knew you could.............what the clear plastic stuff is on the door panel. It is surrounded by the black stuff..........
Your correct. Bought most of my stuff (CLD & CCF) from RaamAudio. Same stuff but cheaper. Those guys have a different way but using CLD tile for the inner door skin. I followed the MLV/CCF route for the inner door panel. Got my MLV from Amazon.
Here's a pic of the MLV cut and installed on the driver's door. Used industrial velcro to facilitate any removal.
Name:  2015HONDAFITOct42015MLVvelcroedonDriversDoor.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  80.7 KB
The clear plastic is an original factory install part stuck on by butyl-adhesive (black stuff). Touching that makes a mess so one has to be carefull if it is to be re-used. Decided to re-use as the white stuff in the center is the factory sound absorption material. Didn't want to throw it away.

Let us know what you decide to do and we're all gonna help each other along the way. Closing my front doors now, are like closing doors on an MB S-class. Soooooo solid. Once I finish up the whole car will post my overall assessment.

......wish i could find the GK RS pedals part number,..........
Me too. No worries as the wife is currently in Tokyo has that on her "To Do" list. There currently is a typhoon there and my better half only has 3 more days left.
I want them GK RS pedals too!!!!! If I get them, or the part #'s, will post for everyone to know.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 10-05-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator
looks like garage vary has some stuff for you GKers. looks like they are doing some Takeros/Modulo add on pieces

Old 10-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Me too. No worries as the wife is currently in Tokyo has that on her "To Do" list. There currently is a typhoon there and my better half only has 3 more days left.
I want them GK RS pedals too!!!!! If I get them, or the part #'s, will post for everyone to know.
Found them!!
CVT JDM Pedals Part number 08U74-T5A-000

6MT Pedals 08U74-T5A-000A

Took a little work of my limited Japanese skills but found them.

here the website i was able to find these on, Huge list on all part numbers for jdm gk fits.

Last edited by Darkshowdo; 10-05-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator
Found them!!
CVT JDM Pedals Part number 08U74-T5A-000

6MT Pedals 08U74-T5A-000A

Took a little work of my limited Japanese skills but found them.

here the website i was able to find these on, Huge list on all part numbers for jdm gk fits.

That is awesomely cool for another terrific share. Am going to order those pedals.

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK