3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 07:39 PM
I won't lie - I'm most anxious to see the upper tail light mod, but everything you have done and have slated to do is quite amazing!

Old 09-29-2014, 08:57 AM
Here are some grille options. Thailand seems to be a better place than China to look for custom parts and for projector head lights and led tail lights. Given they make the Fits for SE asia there you might be able to source correct LHD projectors rather than getting JDM projectors and needing to fiddle with them.

the first one is my current fav, about $160 from NJparts

Old 09-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Welcome back ROTTBOY! Thought you were abducted by aliens and met up with Elvis. Awesome that you finally got your manual Fit! Can't wait to see your new tail lights in action!

Old 09-29-2014, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by bbigmouthh
I got Tein S Tech

can't wait to lower my car and throw some spacer in the back.. the car looks perfect bbigmouthh big props

Old 09-29-2014, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
Continuing mod installs

Originally Posted by xStitchx
......anxious to see the upper tail light mod.....
Originally Posted by noripwr
..........Can't wait to see your new tail lights in action!
Got the hint boys. Just for you two, fitted in one of the LED upper lights and the great news is - its an exact FIT!!! The bad news - a hole has to be drilled to accomodate the rubber grommet containing the wire harness. Therefore, won't do it till I tear down the rest of the interior for sound-deadening/stereo install. Gotta plan this thing out well and determine the routing for the wires. This is gonna be a long one!!!!
Maxair had a post which his friend did in Brazil but no pics of the install and the write-up is in Portuguese.
Name:  2015HONDAFITSept282014jpgREARLEDTaillightfitment.jpg
Views: 1473
Size:  77.6 KB

After the football games, went straight to the garage and did the following:
- Painted calipers red and install HONDA heat resistant sticker. A bit of overspray but I think is came out pretty cool.
Name:  2015HONDAFITPaintedbrakecaliperwithStickerSept282014.jpg
Views: 1540
Size:  113.0 KB
- Mounted my new HD wheels (made in Taiwan). Its starting to look like a peppermint stick!!!!
Name:  2015HONDAFITFrontwheelinstalledSept282014.jpg
Views: 1514
Size:  80.0 KB
Offset is pretty good as compared to the steel wheels
Name:  2015HONDAFITHDWheeloffsetcheckSept282014.jpg
Views: 1554
Size:  85.4 KB
- OEM door visors
Name:  2015HONDAFITDoorVisorsinstalledSept282014.jpg
Views: 1541
Size:  47.9 KB
- OEM rear Door Sill. Will do the front when the interior is stripped. It needs wiring work. BTW, Honda supplies a complete step-by-step instructional for the lighted front door sills.
Name:  2015HONDAFITRearOEMdoorsillSept292014.jpg
Views: 1498
Size:  67.4 KB

Slept at 3am and only had a couple hours of sleep. Will have some eats then start installing some other stuff. Don't think I'll start the interior tear-down till next week. Time to drive my new puppy around!!!! Gotta check out how these new wheels perform.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 09-30-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:08 PM
The led upper tail looks really good with the OEM tails. You should be able to tap your license plate lights for the power. See if that lights up when u turn on the headlights.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by noripwr
......should be able to tap your license plate lights for the power. See if that lights up when u turn on the headlights.
Jesus, that's why I love the FF forum. Everybody has constructive ideas. Your definitely correct. Am going to tap the rear plate lights. They go on when its switched to the park lights and headlights. Perfect!!!

Big thanks, noripmr!!!!!

Old 09-29-2014, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome back Rottboy!
We have missed your posts. Glad you finally got your WOP LX and are starting on the transformation. This is going to be fun to watch!

Old 09-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by chazmr
Welcome back......Glad you finally got your WOP LX......starting on the transformation........be fun to watch!
Thanks chazmr.

Here another add-on I did this morning. i-VTEC DOHC on the rear doors.

Name:  2015HONDAFITi-VTECstickerinstallSept292014Left.jpg
Views: 1603
Size:  42.3 KBName:  2015HONDAFITi-VTECstickerinstallSept292014Right.jpg
Views: 1563
Size:  53.7 KB

Will attempt to do the park assist sensors and led upper rear lights later this week.

Here's hoping I don't screw anything up. The car has less than 200 miles on the odo. It would be painful if any scratch or broken part is the result of my cheapness.

So glad I'm off work for another 2 1/2 weeks. Perfect time to avail of those unused accumulated vacation leaves!!!!

Old 09-29-2014, 06:39 PM
damn!!rottboy now you want me want to get some stickers made and slap them on my car.
LOL

Old 09-29-2014, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by kenji815
damn!!...want to get some stickers made....LOL

Don't get them made. Go to Ebay and this guy from Ohio makes them (any color). Quality is excellent. Cost: $3.00 shipped. SELLER: sfcustomdecals

Can you believe I bought these last Feb. From that time onwards the "buying sickness" continued for all these months till delivery occured. I largely blame the FF community. Seeing all the nice mods done to GDs and GEs convinced me to "personalize" my "future" GK.

Hell, I figured that if I didn't like the way it looked, $3 was affordable and heat gun removal - simple enough.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Don't get them made. Go to Ebay and this guy from Ohio makes them (any color). Quality is excellent. Cost: $3.00 shipped. SELLER: sfcustomdecals

Can you believe I bought these last Feb. From that time onwards the "buying sickness" continued for all these months till delivery occured. I largely blame the FF community. Seeing all the nice mods done to GDs and GEs convinced me to "personalize" my "future" GK.

Hell, I figured that if I didn't like the way it looked, $3 was affordable and heat gun removal - simple enough.
i've been designing full car wraps and cutting decals for couple years already. (i have a plotter myself)

i sorta digging the classic vtec logo
just not sure i should place the logo
the way the body line is shaped it's hard to get it to look right

Name:  ivtechdohcclass_zpsc8956e4e.jpg
Views: 1621
Size:  76.3 KB

Old 09-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by kenji815
.....designing full car wraps and cutting decals for couple years already............hard to get it to look right....
Buds, now that I know, your my man for future artwork!!! What's wrong with the sticker as on the pic posted. I think it looks super. For me, its modern and clean.
Guess you can figure out my color choice for the contrasting motiff - RED!!!

Old 09-29-2014, 07:22 PM
Buds, now that I know, your my man for future artwork!!! What's wrong with the sticker as on the pic posted. I think it looks super. For me, its modern and clean.
Guess you can figure out my color choice for the contrasting motiff - RED!!!
yeah hit me up if you need any stickers.

i just picked up my new car yesterday and mod bug is hitting me already.
LOL!!

i got a white one as well . i've been thinking of doing a clean type R / mugen look

Old 09-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Rot boy removing the upper tail lights is super simple 1nut and then carefully pull as there are 3 clips holding the assembly in place. Hardest part sounds like it will be running the wiring to tap into the tag light wiring. Keep in mind the car is a CANBUS system and it's easy to fry it if you put to much of a load on it that it's not expecting. ( don't ask me how I know...) Good luck and keep us posted. Mine are on order and any tips will be helpful....

Old 09-29-2014, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
....removing the upper tail lights is super simple 1nut and then carefully pull as there are 3 clips....Hardest part sounds like it will be running the wiring to tap..........
Simple to remove is totally correct. The picture in post #440 is actually the LED in place of the US reflector. I don't know if the LX has different ones. Just had to remove two bolts and one plastic clip. Its exactly the same for both in the LX and JDM versions.

As for wiring, NORIPWR, gave a perfect solution - tap into the harness for the lights of the rear license plates.

They're all located on the hatch so once the trimming is removed will finalize a game plan. Then proceed to start drilling holes for each light. Hope to get it working before this weekend.

Thanks for the tip and support. Will be good to get this thing going. Its my way of paying back members on the FF who have polluted my once meager spending habits. Nah, I'm lying. Was born cheap and will die likewise.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Simple to remove is totally correct. The picture in post #440 is actually the LED in place of the US reflector. I don't know if the LX has different ones. Just had to remove two bolts and one plastic clip. Its exactly the same for both in the LX and JDM versions.
Goes to show how age effects memory........

Old 09-29-2014, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Tmfit/Cheezwhiz, certainly nice to be back. Still learning a lot from the guys who have posted since my FF break in July. Lowering really makes the ride look super cool. Congrats to bbmouthh - what a great job!!!! My bad luck as the driveway entrance is just too steep to allow for lowering.

Woke up early today before kick-off and installed the following. My Fit is beginning to look a bit too busy. One thing for sure, if you guys ever see my ride parked on the island, you'll know its mine for sure!!!!
- Installed the rear bumper applique, emblem red stick-on and the i-VTEC placque. Will tackle the JDM upper LED lights on Tuesday onwards.

- Interior LED lights. Used flat rectangular LED strips (EBAY) as I find them brighter with a softer effect than LED bulbs. They are slightly pricier.

- Front Red Badge Sticker

- Steering Wheel Red Badge Sticker

That's it for today. Back to football!!!
Where did you get the red stickers for the Honda emblems? It looks sweet I have been wanting to do that.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:25 AM
Got the hint boys. Just for you two, fitted in one of the LED upper lights and the great news is - its an exact FIT!!! The bad news - a hole has to be drilled to accomodate the rubber grommet containing the wire harness. Therefore, won't do it till I tear down the rest of the interior for sound-deadening/stereo install. Gotta plan this thing out well and determine the routing for the wires. This is gonna be a long one!!!!
Maxair had a post which his friend did in Brazil but no pics of the install and the write-up is in Portuguese.

What you have there does not match the USDM lower tail light.

Here is what the matched set looks like when lit:

Are you going purchase the lower that matches that upper?

15BlkPrl ordered uppers and lowers... see this post on another thread:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/84012-jdm-upper-lighted-tail-lights-2.html#post1265427

Old 09-30-2014, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Fat_man
.......Are you going purchase the lower that matches that upper?..........15BlkPrl ordered uppers and lowers...
Yeah, I read the post. Got the uppers in July and could have already gotten the pair if not for the cost. That alone was $350 and the lowers are almost double so I decided to stick with the original lower cluster since the US GK brake lights are LEDS.

15BlkPrl will be getting his at dealer cost.

Mine was at retail pricing from a Japanese Honda dealer in Tokyo. Those guys do not "discount".

The continuity of the matching pair would be nice though. Just over spent on all the other stuff.

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK