3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by payluder
Installed my spacers for the stock rims. I noticed that the car handles a little better I don't know if this is actually true but it looks a whole lot better.
They must be aluminum. I bet they'll help the drums stay cooler.

Old 09-13-2014, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by acter
Thank you -- that helps a lot. Is it only for the aesthetics, or is there a practical purpose as well?
Mostly for aesthetics, but there should be a slightly noticeable improvement in handling since the stance is a bit wider at the rear. As for aiding cooling of the brakes, I would expect any benefit to be negligible.

es

Old 09-13-2014, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stembridge
Mostly for aesthetics, but there should be a slightly noticeable improvement in handling since the stance is a bit wider at the rear. As for aiding cooling of the brakes, I would expect any benefit to be negligible.

es
BTW is a good idea for the GE too...

Luis
Honda Fit Sport 2013 - Vortex Blue Pearl

Old 09-13-2014, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by payluder
Thanks man. I wish I could go to the meet, been dying to take my d810 camera out to take some photo's but I'll be taking my baby to disneyland that weekend.
For stock alloys, your ride is clean ! Btw, don't go to Disneyland on a weekend, take some days off and go on a weekday. No lines to deal with when you're taking pictures with the characters for your little one

Old 09-14-2014, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
I see a problem with this thread. It could potentially take the place of this forum. "What's new?" That covers just about anything.

I tried to look up a topic on this thread, but I would have had to go through all the pages. If we limit threads to one topic, we can do a search for discussions based on subject.

Just an idea.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
I see a problem with this thread. It could potentially take the place of this forum. "What's new?" That covers just about anything.

I tried to look up a topic on this thread, but I would have had to go through all the pages. If we limit threads to one topic, we can do a search for discussions based on subject.

Just an idea.
Well I think the problem here the majority of the 2015 Fit owners don't utilize the sub forums such as.

Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination

Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling

Old 09-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Another problem is a lot of people don't search before they post. A lot of duplicates here and there. I notice people making multiple threads of the same topic rather than just replying to their original thread.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nicco
Got our Jazz yesterday. Got the Moon spacer discs on today.

Any Ticking noise from the moon discs. I had a set of mooneyes discs on my 2013 base and they made a lot of noise.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sixth
Well I think the problem here the majority of the 2015 Fit owners don't utilize the sub forums such as.

Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination

Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling
As a relatively new member on the board, I'll share that I did look through the sub-forums, saw virtually zero GK content, so have been posting here. I noticed there are 2nd-gen sub-sub-forums in several cases, and something like that for the GK would be great.

es

Old 09-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Other than the mods we put on our cars, this 3rd gen forum needs a mod or two too. Pun intended.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Regdog77
Any Ticking noise from the moon discs. I had a set of mooneyes discs on my 2013 base and they made a lot of noise.
No noise noticed as yet, they are a great fit. Thanks for your note as we do a fair amount of dirt road driving to see family so will keep an eye and an ear out for ticking incase small stones get caught in there.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:25 PM
I have finished the rims with a little plastidip, got a bit carried away and decided to cover the one piece of chrome on the car too.

Name:  BFDEE631-2A0D-4CA9-9AAA-07D6BAA19DF8.jpg
Views: 2038
Size:  114.4 KB

Name:  2e39d7c5-4330-4885-b144-e942c87a0476.jpg
Views: 2033
Size:  89.7 KB

Old 09-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by nicco
I have finished the rims with a little plastidip, got a bit carried away and decided to cover the one piece of chrome on the car too.

I'd be interested to know how long/well the Plastidip holds up. I've been considering buying a can to spray over the chrome strips because I'm not in love with them, and much prefer black. The blue looks good too!

Old 09-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Got a rear bumper protector from my parts dept today. Hope to install it tomorrow..... Working on something very bit as a mod.....Fingers crossed.....

Last edited by 15BlkPrl; 09-16-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:55 PM
spaghetina I will try to remember to post back here when I take off the dip. I actually used the Duplicolor version as it is easily available here.

I thought the black might get lost in with the dark grey but it looks great on a red gk:

https://www.facebook.com/27346121502...type=1&theater

I also got a tin of red to see how it sits with the grey too.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
My front and rear garnish pieces came today, and I got the rear installed tonight. Not being a "read the instructions" guy, I dove right in and discovered you don't need to remove the plastic panel from the inside of the hatch, as the two screws that hold the outside edges of the garnish are in plain sight, and then the piece just pops right out with a tape-wrapped flat-blade screwdriver. I swapped the four clips unique to the EX+ trim over to the new trim, and had it all back together in less than 15 minutes.

es

Old 09-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Im not a big fan of the GK style, but red ones are looking hot!

Guess body color really makes the difference in some of todays offered vehicles

Old 09-17-2014, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

I have a 2015 Fit EX CVT in Silver (no more manual for right now)... I have the darkest tint in the back and the light in the front because it looks hella clean.

Looking for/Will be getting...
Coil overs (unfortunately, Megan doesn't have any yet available for the 2015)
Rims - probably Rota's since it's not entirely upsetting when you crack a rim on the street here in LA (probably 16"x7" at the most)
Cold Air intake
Catback exhaust
HIDs for headlights/foglights

Just want to keep it clean, with some small mods.

I had until this last month a 1995 Acura Integra GSR 4dr that was fully built and had a full suspension, minus sway bars (because easier in the canyons). But I wasn't driving her very much and watching her just sit was depressing.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:30 PM
fully built and no swaybars? those things do the most for handling anyways.

Avoid Megan brand. nothing but problems on hodna fits with that brand. Nobody wants to spend money, and then get ripped off with a denied warranty when it fails under a year from install

Old 09-17-2014, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
fully built and no swaybars? those things do the most for handling anyways.

Avoid Megan brand. nothing but problems on hodna fits with that brand. Nobody wants to spend money, and then get ripped off with a denied warranty when it fails under a year from install
Yeah - actually the front ripped out of the joint, so took both the front and rear off and it was actually an improvement on handling single lane canyon runs at high speed. On the 4dr, I think it didn't hurt the suspension because of the car not being a hatchback like the 2dr versions; not a lot of flex in the body.

And I have had either Tein or Megan in the past on different cars without problem. I don't like Tein that much because I noticed that I was having to refill the shocks every couple of years in their lower end super street model (I think that's what it was called). My now ex husband and I had a fully built sr20det s13 that he drifts still with a full megan suspension without issue and we got the kit over 5 years ago. I'll definitely take your comments it into consideration. Outside of megan and Tein, what do you suggest?

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK