3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
[URL=http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/gilbert_felix2/media/imagejpg1_zpsafd9cff7.jpg.html]
LED bulbs soon to go in.
Those bulbs are a great deal. So many for so little. I had to pry the little contact wires out a bit in some of them. Also, if one doesn't light, turn it around in the socket. They're very bright.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:41 PM
I added some Toyota/Subaru quality to my Fit, I believe it was a stock exhaust tip from my FRS. Needed a longer bolt but it fits and looks great.
I also forgot that I hit the rear tow loop with black paint the day after I got the car, so you don't see this giant white thing jutting out the bottom.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bigbadvoodooguru
I added some Toyota/Subaru quality to my Fit, I believe it was a stock exhaust tip from my FRS. Needed a longer bolt but it fits and looks great.
I also forgot that I hit the rear tow loop with black paint the day after I got the car, so you don't see this giant white thing jutting out the bottom.
That hook is great for jacking up both rear wheels at once. I had that on my '80 and '97 Civics. I wish they had a central jacking point in front.

Old 08-29-2014, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
This also means you are putting 4.2% more miles on your vehicle odometer.
Over 30,000 miles that is 1260 miles that you didn't actually drive.
Which puts you that much faster out of warranty
and depreciates the value of your vehicle faster (nobody will believe you or care about smaller tires)
It will also potentially raise your insurance as it bumps up the number of miles you are driving (or not driving...?)
^^Good points! Not to sound like a douche but I drive four other cars as well so it'll probably be out of warranty year wise before miles driven. Also, future mods that I do will potentially take it out of warranty anyways. I'm not concerned about warranty as Hondas are typically reliable.

If something goes wrong outside of warranty, I'm cool either way. I'm probably one of the last people on this forum that'll complain about anything going wrong on the vehicle. I like to live life a little. Have fun with any and all mods you are considering doing. Thanks!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 08-29-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
New Shoes: Kosei K1 TS 14" (Wheel/Tire 25.2lbs, stock whee/tire was 33.6lbs)
answers my queston if you can fit 14" wheels on a 2015. thanks!

Old 08-29-2014, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Just installed my WC Lathewerks shift knob. Lots of pics here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...nt-bronze.html

Old 08-30-2014, 02:24 AM
I might get one of these shark fin antennas. Don't think they are offered here in Australia. Works out to about $85 plus post.

https://www.facebook.com/HondaAccess...type=3&theater

Old 08-30-2014, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nicco
I might get one of these shark fin antennas. Don't think they are offered here in Australia. Works out to about $85 plus post.

https://www.facebook.com/HondaAccess...type=3&theater
Those fog lights on the Facebook link would be pretty cool

Old 08-31-2014, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
I hit the rear tow loop with black paint the day after I got the car, so you don't see this giant white thing jutting out the bottom.
HA-HA! Did the same (first few days) after several people asked "What's that thing?". It really did look cheesy on the white FIT.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Magnetic Bra

Someone previously posted an eBay link for this MagnetBra. I bought one as I already have a few chips on my hood. Pretty simple, easy to install and maintain.

Very important that the hood is entirely cleaned and absolutely free of dust and debris. I waxed the hood as well as the underside of the bra (several coats) with Collinite No.845 Insulator Wax (very resilient, long lasting protectant).

Here's PICS:

Old 08-31-2014, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz
Someone previously posted an eBay link for this MagnetBra. I bought one as I already have a few chips on my hood. Pretty simple, easy to install and maintain.

Very important that the hood is entirely cleaned and absolutely free of dust and debris. I waxed the hood as well as the underside of the bra (several coats) with Collinite No.845 Insulator Wax (very resilient, long lasting protectant).
I wonder what the longterm effect on the paint will be. That's definitely an area prone to chips. I might try the 3M product. They make it 12" wide. Does that fold under the edges of the hood? It looks like the whole thing is one big magnet. Do they recommend removing it occasionally? I got that recommendation with my doorhandle cup area protectors - also magnetic.

Here's a link.

http://www.magnetbra.com/order_a_bra.php#Honda

Last edited by SilverEX15; 08-31-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
I wonder what the longterm effect on the paint will be. That's definitely an area prone to chips. I might try the 3M product. They make it 12" wide. Does that fold under the edges of the hood? It looks like the whole thing is one big magnet. Do they recommend removing it occasionally? I got that recommendation with my doorhandle cup area protectors - also magnetic.

Here's a link.

http://www.magnetbra.com/order_a_bra.php#Honda
I have had the Magnetbra on my GE for 2 years with no affect on the paint. I have found some pretty good nicks in the bra, which surely would have been paint nicks had the bra not been there. Just have to remember to take it off every few months and clean and re-wax like the op did on the initial installation. Bonus Tip: when cleaning, only lift one half of the bra while cleaning. Leave the other side stuck down. When finished with one side, stick it back down, and then lift the other side to clean. This method avoids realigning the bra because one side is always holding the original position when lifting the other side.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rampo
I have had the Magnetbra on my GE for 2 years with no affect on the paint. I have found some pretty good nicks in the bra, which surely would have been paint nicks had the bra not been there. Just have to remember to take it off every few months and clean and re-wax like the op did on the initial installation. Bonus Tip: when cleaning, only lift one half of the bra while cleaning. Leave the other side stuck down. When finished with one side, stick it back down, and then lift the other side to clean. This method avoids realigning the bra because one side is always holding the original position when lifting the other side.
Sounds good, but of course, the whole bumper/fender area below that is exposed. I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. My car is silver, but my son's is black, so he might want one.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
I just ordered this - the cheapest I've seem this 3M product.

12"x48" Clear Hood Bra Bumper 3M Paint Protection Stone Guard Vinyl Film Decals | eBay

Old 08-31-2014, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member

Here's a link.

Magnetic Car Bras, Auto Hood Bra and Nose Mask for Cars, Trucks and Suvs :: Order a Bra
Thanks for including the link ... I forgot! DUH!

I actually read quite a few testimonials about this Magnetbra before purchasing. I was able to find several very positive reviews from other vehicle forums not affiliated with the manufacturer. There IS some minor upkeep, as mentioned above by Rampo.

It is the same material that magnetic signs are made from. Yes, it is one big magnetic sheet that fits right up to the front edge of the hood. It's about an inch wider than the width of the hood. The excess gets folded under the sides of the hood and a one-piece, u-shaped edging locks the entire leading edge (and sides) in place. The edging also prevents theft as the hood must be opened and edging removed to lift the magnet.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
I just ordered this - the cheapest I've seem this 3M product.

12"x48" Clear Hood Bra Bumper 3M Paint Protection Stone Guard Vinyl Film Decals | eBay
Thanks! I am going to order some of this as well ... minimally for the head lights and door sills. See how it works then maybe the front bumper.

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 08-31-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz
Thanks! I am going to order some of this as well ... minamally for the head lights and door sills. See how it works then maybe the front bumper.
I used this for the door sills.
Amazon.com: XPEL Clear Universal Door Sill Guard (60" x 2.75") Paint Protection Film Kit: Automotive Amazon.com: XPEL Clear Universal Door Sill Guard (60" x 2.75") Paint Protection Film Kit: Automotive

Old 08-31-2014, 06:18 PM
I just masked off and put a thick coat of plastidip over the door sills... protected from my wife's heels about 5x now judging from the scuff marks...

Old 08-31-2014, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Plastidip

I just masked off and put a thick coat of plastidip over the door sills... protected from my wife's heels about 5x now judging from the scuff marks...
Hmmmmm ... I thought of Plastidip for the hood but thought I would make a real asymetrical mess of it. But the door sills? Can you please post some PICS? Would love to see the end result!

Old 09-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Can we get a mod to make this a sticky??? Are there any mods on in this section??

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK