3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Can you buy a Fit in advance?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 01:24 PM
Narc (sounds odd doesn't it lol) isnt there another dealer within 50 miles you could go test drive a 13 fit? I mean if you really want to get one on order I would drive how ever far I had to for a test drive, what else you got to do this weekend LOL!

Old 05-23-2014, 01:28 PM
here is 11 total 2 being 15's on sale within 50 miles of 70112 zip New Honda Fit - in 70112 Area - on Cars.com

Do you not understand the importance of having an obsession? LOL

Last edited by tmfit; 05-23-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Well, the '15s on sale are hypothetical cars that haven't arrived at the dealership. They are the ones on the way. The dealerships list cars before they arrive. I already checked up on that. There are NO 2015s on any lots in driving distance right now.

There are probably some automatic '13s somewhere in my vicinity even if not at the particular dealership I'm already working with. I might go out of my way to test drive one, but from what I understand they are gonna be so different.

Haha as for the obsession... this is the first time in my life I've even paid attention to cars. The day before my wreck I didn't notice cars at all. The day after my wreck I started researching cars constantly during my free time. It's amazing how much you learn in such a short period of time.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by narcisissma
Well, the '15s on sale are hypothetical cars that haven't arrived at the dealership. They are the ones on the way. The dealerships list cars before they arrive. I already checked up on that. There are NO 2015s on any lots in driving distance right now.

There are probably some automatic '13s somewhere in my vicinity even if not at the particular dealership I'm already working with. I might go out of my way to test drive one, but from what I understand they are gonna be so different.

Haha as for the obsession... this is the first time in my life I've even paid attention to cars. The day before my wreck I didn't notice cars at all. The day after my wreck I started researching cars constantly during my free time. It's amazing how much you learn in such a short period of time.
Yeah, I know there arent any 15's yet but the link I provided showed 9 13's on lots within 50 miles of the zip I used.

Good luck and have fun, buying your first car new is a treat..........careful you don't get addicted to it !

Old 05-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by tmfit
Good luck and have fun, buying your first car new is a treat..........careful you don't get addicted to it !
You're not kidding. Not sure if any of you have knowledge of the New Orleans area, but the other day I totally missed my exit on Hwy 90 because I was craning my neck to see a Fit in the far left lane. I totally passed up downtown and had to go all the way across the Mississippi River before turning around... in 5 p.m. traffic. It took forever to get back across the bridge. I was supposed to meet my friend for a movie, but I totally didn't make it

Old 05-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Never been to Orleans, was going to be there for xmas back in 05 but you guys had a little storm that kept me away that fall

Hopefully the Fits should start arriving on lots in a couple weeks but you might still seek out a 13 to test drive, they are fun and feel great with lots of space.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Take your time, time is cheap, mistakes can be costly! Make sure it is what you want or you will really regret it, especially with it being your first car. You have a car to drive for now so when and if you decide to buy the Fit the wait will be a great payoff when you sit in the new ride. Like George said don't get sucked into the feeding frenzy from any dealer. Cars will always be available.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:47 PM
I only have a sense of urgency because I'm driving a very old and potentially unsafe vehicle right now.
Nonsense, I still drive a '71 regularly and it didn't have airbags to begin with!

Just wear your seat belts and drive defensively and that Taurus will get you around very nicely until you can negotiate a new car.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Good advice here. Hoping for more. I know I want the Black 2015 EX w automatic for my business use. I have a friend loaning me an old car for now. Now that we're getting a few weeks out, what's best tactic to take with preferred dealer who says they have this exact car coming in? Dealer has not suggested I pre-purchase it. Should I wait until it comes in and test drive it? Is telling them I want dibs on it when it arrives a dumb idea? Is it a forgone conclusion that these will sell at MSRP?

Old 05-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Remember, once they have your money in hand, dealers have no incentive to do as you want. Unscrupulous ones will take money from one person, sell the car to another person, and tell the first person (who thought that they had priority) that there was some sort of delay, mixup, etc., but the car they supposedly reserved will be in "real soon now."

Keep your checkbook in your pocket until you drive the car.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Redboot
Good advice here. Hoping for more. I know I want the Black 2015 EX w automatic for my business use. I have a friend loaning me an old car for now. Now that we're getting a few weeks out, what's best tactic to take with preferred dealer who says they have this exact car coming in? Dealer has not suggested I pre-purchase it. Should I wait until it comes in and test drive it? Is telling them I want dibs on it when it arrives a dumb idea? Is it a forgone conclusion that these will sell at MSRP?
If they say they have the exact car you want, I would look at putting the deposit down (personally and I have done this already) but request what the VIN is because they know what it is and put a stipulation that if that particular vin does not come in to you that you get your money back. If they pull the ole bait and switch they gain nothing yet you have to gain the car being reserved for you. If there are a lot of people wanting one in your area they may all get reserved and you will be out in the cold waiting for the next batch. Keep in mind though that if another car is available on another lot they can get it for you. Which dealer is this in Cincinnati you are thinking of dealing with?

Old 06-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I have never bought a brand new car before, so there are a lot of things that I don't know. Some advice would be much appreciated.

About a month ago I was happily driving a hand-me-down Toyota Corolla from my sister until a high school student (probably texting) smashed into me and totaled my car. I got a decent payout from the girl's insurance company, and now I'm finally ready to buy my first brand new car.
...It's like you're my situation-twin!

I too was happily driving my corolla 2 weeks ago and some jerk slammed on his brakes in a low visibility area and totaled my car.

I can't wait for my Fit to get here!