3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Fit Colors: "Aegean Blue Metallic, Mystic Yellow Pearl and Passion Berry Pearl "

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by sooznd
.........would be nice if they offered a leather option.
Your in luck. accordguyintake will confirm later if the 2015 EX-L is the model in leather!!!

Old 03-28-2014, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Know now that Storm Silver is out and a version of Polished Metal is in. Find that too dark so will get ours in White. News continues to be published and should have a good idea what to expect by tonight.
Does this video here show a "storm silver"? Its apparently from a Cleveland show if the title is correct. I prefer a lighter silver and not a dark "grey". This appears to be a light silver to me.

Last edited by ncoflin; 03-28-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
Whew. Thanks for that video, ncoflin. I was getting worried there for a second, but the 2015 Honda Fit in that video definitely looks like the kind of lighter silver color that I am looking for.

Originally Posted by ncoflin
Does this video bot show a "storm silver"? Its apparently from a Cleveland show if the title is correct. I prefer a lighter silver and not a dark "grey". This appears to be a light silver to me.

The 2015 Honda Fit from the Cleveland Auto Show - YouTube

Old 03-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by shephrd
Whew. Thanks for that video, ncoflin. I was getting worried there for a second, but the 2015 Honda Fit in that video definitely looks like the kind of lighter silver color that I am looking for.
I felt the same way. When I read the earlier post claiming there was no lighter silver color, I got worried and had to go back to find that video to make sure I didn't dream it or something haha. I'm not a HUGE fan of the chrome strip on back of the new Fit, and I feel like it blends better on silver car.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by ncoflin
........apparently from a Cleveland show if the title is correct. I prefer a lighter silver and not a dark "grey". This appears to be a light silver to me.
Holy Moses, you're right! Looking at the initial photos posted by "accordguyintake", just counted the colors and it totalled only 6. We had 7 choices in 2013 so with your insight, am hoping that Alabaster Silver completes the line-up.

My spirits are up but am still considering Taffeta White. Just thinking, my wife's SUV is Silver so our garage will look like a mono-tone Mutt & Jeff. And guess who will be driving Jeff - ME!!!

Old 03-29-2014, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
Touchscreen style HVAC controls are a huge fail. How are you supposed to adjust that while keeping your eyes on the road?

Old 03-29-2014, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by MTLian
Touchscreen style HVAC controls are a huge fail...
Take a look at the recent video done on the thread by "accordguyintake". He is just finished attending a press event for USA retail 2015 Fits. The HVAC controls are rotary/slide not touchscreen, interior of the vehicle with leather/sunroof (supposedly the top model EX-L).
Up North, Canadian models are slightly different. For example, our 2013 2nd Gen base model here comes with A/C standard. The Canadian base Fit (DX) does not. They both retail for $15,900 +/-.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
Take a look at the recent video done on the thread by "accordguyintake". He is just finished attending a press event for USA retail 2015 Fits. The HVAC controls are rotary/slide not touchscreen, interior of the vehicle with leather/sunroof (supposedly the top model EX-L).
Up North, Canadian models are slightly different. For example, our 2013 2nd Gen base model here comes with A/C standard. The Canadian base Fit (DX) does not. They both retail for $15,900 +/-.

MTLian might be referring to the current JDM Fit which has touchscreen HVAC controls. Japan Tragic has it on his Fit RS and could probably share with us his impressions of it.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Correct. I was checking the video of the dude lengthily testing the door handles and saw the touchscreen HVAC. I actually even like the HVAC on the GE better. It's not the prettiest setup but the big knobs close to the driver make it easy to adjust temp or blower intensity without looking.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:55 AM
Originally Posted by FIT4LIFE
MTLian might be referring to the current JDM Fit which has touchscreen HVAC controls. Japan Tragic has it on his Fit RS and could probably share with us his impressions of it.
I started off not liking them much but getting into a 2010 bmw I found I have been corrupted... it made the bmw seem like something from the 70s, what are these archaic dials!?

swipe up and down for heat and fan control works, and as far as controls its same as any other touch screen system and simply works.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:09 AM
This Cali Honda dealership lists eight colors for the '15 Fit:
Aegean Blue Metallic
Alabaster Silver Metallic
Crystal Black Pearl
Milano Red
Modern Steel Metallic
Mystic Yellow Pearl
Passion Berry Pearl
White Orchid Pearl

Honda Simi Valley, New Honda Cars, New Car Pricing, Honda Details | First Honda in Simi Valley, California

So does this Baltimore dealership:

New Cars

and so does something called LotPro

New 2015 Honda Fit Option Packages & Paint Options

Old 05-02-2014, 08:15 AM
My first post... Is anyone else at all upset by the change in blue? I keep hoping its a bad dream or that the blue is not the US blue. As may be apparent from my user name, I really love TARDIS blue (Doctor Who) and the Vortex blue on the 13 is so much closer. Its enough to make me consider buying a 2013...but I feel like that is shallow if the new car is overall better...None of the dealerships near me have the blue yet, so I can't go look..

Last edited by tardisblue; 05-02-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
I haven't seen them next to each other, but aren't the 13 Vortex and the 15 Aegean kissing cousins? They appear to be pretty close on my monitors.

I do wish that Lunar Mist would make a comeback, though - that color was gorgeously subtle and interesting.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tardisblue
My first post... Is anyone else at all upset by the change in blue? I keep hoping its a bad dream or that the blue is not the US blue. As may be apparent from my user name, I really love TARDIS blue (Doctor Who) and the Vortex blue on the 13 is so much closer. Its enough to make me consider buying a 2013...but I feel like that is shallow if the new car is overall better...None of the dealerships near me have the blue yet, so I can't go look..
Check out this picture:

Image: New & previous generations of Honda Fit, Honda Proving Grounds, Tochigi, Japan, Nov 2013, size: 1024 x 768, type: gif, posted on: November 25, 2013, 5:37 pm - Green Car Reports

They look pretty similar yes?

Old 05-02-2014, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member

Look very close.
Vortex Blue also looks so close to Blue Sensation on the 2009 & 2010 fits. Lighting can make a big difference on metallic colors.
On cloudy days my tidewater blue appears silver; on a sunny day bluish purple.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
The new one is so busy. I kinda like the plain model, but I'm turning into an old fart, I guess.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by xorbe
The new one is so busy. I kinda like the plain model, but I'm turning into an old fart, I guess.
I think that you are right, well at least that the same colors dont work on both cars.

the RS orange looked awful on the GE but I think it looks ok on the GK.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the input everyone. I just need to go to the dealership and see them in person. Does anyone know if I get a 2013 sport with nav if I can get a sunroof installed by the dealer? I'm nervous about taking it somewhere else to get it done...

Old 05-03-2014, 11:32 AM
They do, but it's pretty overcast/ the coloring might have been tampered with. It looks to me like the new Aegean Blue is much more metallic, and sort of reflects turquoise or purple depending on the lighting. The old blue almost looks like a navy color to me in person. I'm all for the new blue, hope it is as pretty as the photos make it look!!

If they still had the blue raspberry color I would so get that on the 2015!

Old 05-03-2014, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tardisblue
Thanks for the input everyone. I just need to go to the dealership and see them in person. Does anyone know if I get a 2013 sport with nav if I can get a sunroof installed by the dealer? I'm nervous about taking it somewhere else to get it done...
If you absolutely desire a sunroof, then you are much better off waiting for a 2015. Any cutting of the roof of a car to install any aftermarket sunroof is a serious compromise of the cars integrity and safety in the event of a crash. Whether the aftermarket sunroof looks good or functions well without leaking is a matter of the unit chosen and the skill of the installer. But no matter what the car is seriously compromised.

As for finding a 2013 Vortex blue with nav, that will be quite a challenge as there are probably only a dozen or so such equipped units left. In the country

Quick Reply: 2015 Fit Colors: "Aegean Blue Metallic, Mystic Yellow Pearl and Passion Berry Pearl "