3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 fuel injector recall

Search this Thread

Old Today, 06:09 PM
2015 fuel injector recall

Our check engine light came on today and we took it to our local mechanic and he said we had a PO420 diagnosis code which means catalytic converter isn't working efficiently. He is guessing the fuel injector leaked gas into our catalytic converter and we would need a new cc and fuel injectors. He's calling us with prices Monday. In the meantime, I go through my auto records and find a warranty extension for our fuel injectors extending our warranty on them to 10 years or 150000 miles. We have 85000 miles and we've had the car since April 2015.

The check engine light is the first indication of a problem. The car has been running fine. We are calling the dealer Monday, but here's my question. The letter from Honda said we didn't have to take the car in unless we had problems. Do you think they will pay for a new catalytic converter along with the fuel injectors? I think they should.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Uh, I know it's not a recall; I should have said warranty extension.

Last edited by marylizus; Today at 06:28 PM. Reason: add
Old Today, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marylizus
The letter from Honda said we didn't have to take the car in unless we had problems. Do you think they will pay for a new catalytic converter along with the fuel injectors? I think they should.
Yes they should pay for the cc but you'll have to talk to them on that. Just think, in another year you would have been past the extended warranty and Honda would have been able to tell you to go fly a kite. This should have been a recall but because it's not a safety issue Honda skated by with an extended warranty which they probably won't have to honor for most affected cars since the clock has almost run down.

Old Today, 07:32 PM
Thanks Woof. One other question. In July, all our warning lights came on. We took it to our mechanic immediately. He said we needed new ignition coils and spark plugs. We paid almost $1000 to have it all replaced. Now I'm thinking THAT could have been the result of the fuel injectors? I guess that's on me, but I wonder if I should mention or NOT mention this to Honda?

Old Today, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marylizus
He said we needed new ignition coils and spark plugs. We paid almost $1000 to have it all replaced. Now I'm thinking THAT could have been the result of the fuel injectors? I guess that's on me, but I wonder if I should mention or NOT mention this to Honda?

Realistically most spark plugs (and I think coils) get replaced around 100 K miles on the Fit so at 85 K I think you're mostly looking at normal wear and tear there. Doesn't hurt to mention it to Honda.