3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

LED Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2024, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Multiple people have told you they have DRLs with H4 LED but you keep telling yourself that fallacy if it makes you feel better.

Old 03-18-2024, 11:49 PM

For reference, these are the H4’s I’ve been using and my DRL’s still work. I have no clue why they’d tell you that unless their chips are different and/or they don’t realize that in the GK’s, they still work. Maybe a clueless sales rep, idk but these are high quality LED’s, perfect beam pattern with no hot spots or dark areas and combined with Auxito LED’S for the fog lights, I rarely if ever need to use high beams and most of my roads here are rural and dark. GTR lighting is wrong. And IMO, PIAA’s are good bulbs, I’ve used them, but their life expectancy is crap for the price, get overly hot like every filament bulb and draw more current. For me, LED’s are a no brainer

Old 03-19-2024, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Fallacy Of LED's With DRL's.

It's not a question of believing the compatibility of LED Lights with DRL's. It's a question of seeing for myself if LED Lights having Daytime Running Lights.

I may have to disregard GTR Lighting's claim of LED Lights not being able to be Daytime Running Lights compatible.

I'll do more investigating and information gathering on this.

Thanks to those that stated LED Lights are Daytime Running Lights capable.

Old 03-19-2024, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Da Braddah

For reference, these are the H4’s I’ve been using and my DRL’s still work. I have no clue why they’d tell you that unless their chips are different and/or they don’t realize that in the GK’s, they still work. Maybe a clueless sales rep, idk but these are high quality LED’s, perfect beam pattern with no hot spots or dark areas and combined with Auxito LED’S for the fog lights, I rarely if ever need to use high beams and most of my roads here are rural and dark. GTR lighting is wrong. And IMO, PIAA’s are good bulbs, I’ve used them, but their life expectancy is crap for the price, get overly hot like every filament bulb and draw more current. For me, LED’s are a no brainer
I'm surprised that the description on Amazon doesn't mention "DRL" or "Daytime Running Lights." That would be a selling point. They make dimmable LED bulbs for the house, so it is possible to dim them.

Old 03-24-2024, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
GTR Ultra 2 LED H4 Lights.

I'm going to take a chance and order these LED Lights.

If I lose my Daytime Running Lights then so be it.

Old 03-24-2024, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chitown Fit
I'm going to take a chance and order these LED Lights.

If I lose my Daytime Running Lights then so be it.
I see an awful lot of cars driving in the daytime with their LED headlights on, often high beams, too. You can have your cake and eat it, too.