3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Cup Holder Solutions for 3rd Generation Honda Fit EX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 03:49 PM
Cup Holder Solutions for 3rd Generation Honda Fit EX?

Found an old thread, but it was focused on a console solution.

I'm seeking a solution for the existing front cup holders. Also, any suggestions for rear cup holders.

There's no way to fit "regular" sized US cups (unless they're the smallest cup you can find anywhere) into the front cup holders for driver and front passenger.

I get they added the driver's side cupholder on the dash (which I'm having to order the parts for for ours, because it was ripped off the dash), but there's the issue of clearance for the forward cup holders for a larger sized water bottle or the like.

So, question is - has anyone found a viable solution to: A) offset maybe an extension for these or B) another idea to serve the front seats with some usable solution?

Any help, here, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Pax, harmonia,

BGPhilbin

Old 02-07-2024, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
I have never once had an issue with any of the cup holders in my 3rd gen Fit. They are standard sized with every other car I own and I do use the cup holders daily.

Just buy a cup or water bottle that fits there. It's not rocket science.

My Yeti fits there just fine. Other brands will be about the same. Along with every water bottle I've ever tried. So I don't see a real issue here.

Old 02-08-2024, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
I've never had an issue with any fast food cup, even large ones. And only a bit of wiggling needed for my Starbux cold cup? Because it's a bit tall.

I know they used to sell cup holders you could stick in with your window. But I'm sure there are more designs out there now.

Old 02-09-2024, 09:33 AM
There are offset/expandable cup holders that you can find online for around $20.. maybe something like that would be useful for holding larger/taller bottles?

Edit: I've never tried anything like these.. just looked around a bit and found them. I generally only take insulated coffee cups with me in my Fit, so it hasn't ever been an issue. My wife does have a big 40oz RTIC tumbler that she uses in her car (Pilot), and my daughter has one of the 40oz Stanley cups she take with her to cheer. Whenever they ride with me, I have to stick theirs in the dash cup holder on my side. But it isn't that often, so hasn't been a problem.

Last edited by woodenpickle; 02-09-2024 at 09:36 AM.