3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Side View Mirror w/Camera Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
Side View Mirror w/Camera Replacement

Hey There,

I had a run-in with a local who decided to smash my passenger sideview mirror. Luckily they only destroyed the part that swivels and clicks the mirror. The actual glass, motors, camera, painted cover are all in-tact.

The car is a 2020 Fit... ex-l?

Does anyone have a good spot for finding sub-assembly parts? The entire mirror, Honda 76208-T5R-A71, looks like it's unavailable and pretty expensive. Ideally I could replace the part circled below. A few questions:
-Does anyone know if you can buy just the circled part? My guess is no and that you can only get things that are surrounded in a box with a number.
-Does anyone know if all mirrors share that rotating/indexing part circled? If so I could get a used mirror and just swap out that part.
-Does anyone have that part I could buy on a parts car or similar?
-Lastly, does anyone have a repair manual that depicts how to remove the passenger side view on a 2020 fit with backup camera?

Thanks! I haven't hopped into auto mechanics for a while, or the forums for that matter. Any help is greatly appreciated. -Parker

Old 12-22-2021, 07:59 PM
Pics of the damage might help the forum assist you

Old 12-23-2021, 09:32 AM
-Does anyone know if you can buy just the circled part? My guess is no and that you can only get things that are surrounded in a box with a number.
You're correct it's only the stuff in the box with the number. Best bet for getting just that part would be from a salvage yard, local or online. 2020 is fairly new so you might not find something exact but maybe an older model has something that is
compatible.

-Does anyone know if all mirrors share that rotating/indexing part circled? If so I could get a used mirror and just swap out that part.
My 2016 Fit has a part that looks about the same. Maybe if you post a pic of the broken part we might be able to see how similar they actually are.

-Does anyone have that part I could buy on a parts car or similar?
I've got a set of two for a 2016 FIT from when I swapped them out for JDM power folding mirrors.

-Lastly, does anyone have a repair manual that depicts how to remove the passenger side view on a 2020 fit with backup camera?
Auto X Garage did a really good video thing for removing the mirrors. It's not too hard but you have to be really careful not to break any plastic bits.
Getting it off the car -
Getting the hinge out -
I wouldn't just yank out the mirror glass like he does in the above video. It tends to tear the rubber boots so I would use the video below for removing the mirror glass.
Remove glass -
One more thing this is making the assumption that the 2020 Fit is similar to the GK series Fits

Last edited by FitAnotherWay; 12-23-2021 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-23-2021, 10:09 AM
You can buy those parts from your local Honda dealership's parts department.

Old 12-23-2021, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the response. I found a replacement from a junkyard online for a 2018-2020 and plan to swap out the rotating bit. The second video was super informative.

I'll post some images when I make the swap.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
Not to thread jack, but we may be able to help each other out.

I'm looking to swap my EX mirrors for EX-L mirrors. Really, just for the turn signals. Not sure if I'd be able to just swap out the parts # 4 / 10 and/or 1 / 2. And that may work? In that case, you may have extra parts you don't need, that I do?

Old 02-12-2022, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
I'll PM you QuiGonQuinn.

As a quick follow-up, I found that every replacement mirror I found had some sort of crack in the rotating assembly. They often function fine with a crack but it's clearly a weak point. The connectors are the same for cars with and without camera modules. Cars with the camera just have more of the pins populated. The painted shells, parts # 4 / 10, are very easy to swap over although they do require removal of the glass. There are three tabs under the glass that you have to force out. They are a bit hard to pop out but will come. Be careful with the glass, it's very easy to shatter.

Side view mirror rotating housing cracked

Old 02-15-2022, 11:42 AM
Bassguitarist1985 did a winker install on his EX. Check out his post 162.

Old 09-03-2023, 11:53 PM
Hi,

bumping up this old thread as the same situation happened to me.

2018 Fit EX, got my left passenger door mirror clipped. I removed it and like OP, the plastic housing around the stem was shattered and half of it broke apart when unscrewing it.
Power mirror and Lane Watch camera works fine.
Since the base isn't sold separately, I am trying to figure out my other options other than spending the $400+ for a whole new unit.

I have done some Honda parts searches and I couldn't find an LX version of this mirror (i.e. one without lanewatch). Does anyone know if it exists?
If I can get one of these or get one of those cheapo knockoff mirrors from eBay without the camera, how much of a pain in the ass would it be to remove the wires from the base/stem and replace them with the lane watch ones? I realize I'd also need to make sure the camera housing on the bottom of the mirror can fit in as well.

Here are photos of the broken base along with a giant stem chunk that broke off:

Old 09-05-2023, 09:16 AM
Running new wires through the base isn't too hard. It's annoying to figure out how to get the pins to release from the plastic header but once you figure out how to get one out it's really easy to get the other ones out. I was able to do it with two safety pins but I would recommend getting getting terminal removal key set something like this:

ttps://www.amazon.com/MENKEY-Terminal-Removal-Connector-Extractor/dp/B07ZC1V2W6/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=pin%2Bremoval%2Bset&qid=169391 9721&sprefix=pin%2Bremova%2Caps%2C97&sr=8-7&th=1

Old 10-06-2023, 08:33 PM
Jumping on the bandwagon

Also not trying to steal the thread, but I’m in the same situation. I’ve usually gone to my dad for car repair advice as he’s an avid “car guy” but he said I would have to replace the whole unit (and my sweet boyfriend’s solution was to take my car to the Honda dealership).

But something hit my mirror and broke off the passenger rear view mirror cover and cracked the glass (which also eventually fell off in one piece, but I have it).

I'm determined to find a cheaper alternative and repair it myself. I love having my rear camera and it still works perfectly. The damage is cosmetic and that seems like a great first project for a 31 year old complete novice, right? 😅

I promise I am very competent, willing to go to junk yards, put in some elbow grease, or put in the cash where necessary. I just haven’t had the experience necessary to know where exactly to start. Thank you!!