3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

EGR replacement - 3rd gen fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
EGR replacement - 3rd gen fit

Has anybody done an EGR replacement on a 3rd gen honda fit?
Compared to the 1st and 2nd gen honda fit; the 3rd gen engine is rotated 180 degrees. This means that the EGR is now in the back of the engine where it is not easy to access.
If anybody has posted a video or pics that would be most helpful as well.

Old 04-27-2021, 02:12 AM
More like they moved the EGR but anyway,,, no I haven't changed one out on this car but it still doesn't seem difficult to change it. It's not that far down you should be able to feel the nuts easily with your fingers. Unplug it and unscrew the nuts with an extension and fingers and pull it out. Looking at the parts diagram, it sits on a couple of studs with 8mm flange nuts to hold it down. You haven't thought about trying to clean it out first and see if that works? OEM ones are expensive and a lot of aftermarket ones are really cheap quality. The valve itself gets stuck with carbon. There's tutorials on youtube with other Hondas showing how to clean it. I'd have a new gasket and maybe extra nuts on hand in case I dropped because I wouldn't want to go looking and may not find. Now if you wanted to remove to clean the housing it sits on and pipe also, that looks a bit more involved...

Last edited by jscene; 04-27-2021 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you for the advice.
The EGR connection (gasket or something else?) failed the smoke test. As a result we anticipate that we will need clear access to fix the leak.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
Egr

EGR comes off the down pipe on the right side, behind the block. It goes underneath and connects to a cannister on the back side of the head on the driver's side. It goes through the head and surfaces inside the intake manifold just past the throttle body. It looks like a sharks fin...

Old 05-03-2021, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
EGR comes off the down pipe on the right side, behind the block. It goes underneath and connects to a cannister on the back side of the head on the driver's side. It goes through the head and surfaces inside the intake manifold just past the throttle body. It looks like a sharks fin...
like this...

BTW... if planning on going the race mode route... Hit me up.... I fabricated a pair of plates to eliminate the EGR but you have to have a ktuner or other tunning thingy to disable the "low flow" egr code that will come up....

Check my IG @kaku_gk5