3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Cvt rev hang

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Cvt rev hang

I got ktuner and was trying to get rid of the rev hang. Could any of you guys help out with what the fuel cut delay should be set at?

Old 04-25-2021, 08:12 PM
I thought rev hang was a thing only with manual transmissions?

Old 04-25-2021, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bixby
I thought rev hang was a thing only with manual transmissions?
I have the paddle shifters. And when I'm down shifting in sport mode it hangs.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Rev hang

@Myxalplyx might be able to help you, he went far into the CVT and had a ktuner I believe. You can also post on ktuner forums...

Old 04-26-2021, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
@Myxalplyx might be able to help you, he went far into the CVT and had a ktuner I believe. You can also post on ktuner forums...
I wish I could help. I didn't have paddle shifters in my Fit. Best to talk to Ktuner or perhaps have your car custom tuned.

Old 04-26-2021, 01:48 PM
So I've got a 2018 Sport with CVT. I make regular use of the paddles, and I have nothing that I would describe as rev hang. Would it be possible for you to get a video of this happening, and link it so we can see it? The only thing I can imagine is the delay between hitting the paddle, and the shift actually happening.

Old 04-26-2021, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
I've always felt that CVTs feel like they'r "slipping" (which I guess they are, continuously, in their way)....it's an odd sensation, built in fake "shifts" or not .....glad I got the manual, although, as with everyone, 5th could be a tad higher and 6th some more higher, beings that 5th is like a half-step, and 6th is like the previous gen's 5th.....am satisfied with the pereformance and mpg, but....could've been better. I hate CVTs, although I guess it's the future for internal combustion engines

Old 04-26-2021, 03:05 PM
I've heard several nightmare stores about CVTs that can't seem to figure out what they are doing, much less what the driver wants them to do. That said, the CVT in my Fit seems to know exactly what I want it to do, and when. If CVTs are the future for ICEs, I hope they work more like the one in the Fit, and not like the others. As for the short gearing of the manual, all I know is when I'm cruising down the interstate at 75 mph, I can either have the engine running at 2500 RPM in drive, 4000 RPM in sport, or 3000 RPM in 7th "gear". None of those 3 options seem to have much effect on MPG based on shorter drives. I've even figured out that there is some sort of accelerometer in the car somewhere, because if I go up a steeper hill, the CVT brings the revs up even before the car has a chance to start slowing down, which is exactly what I want it to do, since I'll want some extra RPM to not lose speed. Also, if coasting and I start to go down a steeper hill, it will bring the RPMs up to facilitate additional engine braking. The RPM jump up even higher if I use the brakes.

Old 04-26-2021, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
I've always felt that CVTs feel like they'r "slipping" (which I guess they are, continuously, in their way)....it's an odd sensation, built in fake "shifts" or not .....glad I got the manual, although, as with everyone, 5th could be a tad higher and 6th some more higher, beings that 5th is like a half-step, and 6th is like the previous gen's 5th.....am satisfied with the pereformance and mpg, but....could've been better. I hate CVTs, although I guess it's the future for internal combustion engines
All of these will probably be phased out for electric cars. I LOVED my CVT Fit. It was a blast and a 'dream-come-true' (For me personally) as far as performance goes for a vehicle with not much horsepower and torque. I mean, that little car almost ran 14 seconds in the 1/4 mile. This is with no-one knowing how to program the CVT TCU for performance and not being able to move the powerband upward in the ECU with aftermarket cams. Had it had the 1.5t that's in the 2016+ Civic, omg.....it would've been amazing. It'd be quicker and faster than a late model Type R after tuning. Upgrade the brakes and suspension and it would've been glorious.

Yeah, shoot Ktuner an email. He may get back with a solution.

Old 04-26-2021, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
All of these will probably be phased out for electric cars.
Oh, yeah, they will.....am hanging onto our '15 as long as I can afford any possible repairs needed, am 63 and pretty sure gasoline will still be available for many years, even if EVs take over the marketplace.....eventually, the Mrs and will only "need" one car, will face that when it comes

Old 04-28-2021, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
All of these will probably be phased out for electric cars. I LOVED my CVT Fit. It was a blast and a 'dream-come-true' (For me personally) as far as performance goes for a vehicle with not much horsepower and torque. I mean, that little car almost ran 14 seconds in the 1/4 mile. This is with no-one knowing how to program the CVT TCU for performance and not being able to move the powerband upward in the ECU with aftermarket cams. Had it had the 1.5t that's in the 2016+ Civic, omg.....it would've been amazing. It'd be quicker and faster than a late model Type R after tuning. Upgrade the brakes and suspension and it would've been glorious.

Yeah, shoot Ktuner an email. He may get back with a solution.
yeah from a price point the Fit is hard to beat. For a Lil 1.5 NA engine with tons of storage, good mpg, and a lightweight chassis(modern car standards) that supports great handling, it's an all around bargain in today's car market. I fixed the deceleration hang in the cvt with the Pedal commander on sport +2. Thanks guys for your help.