3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anybody use HFP suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 01:56 PM
Anybody use HFP suspension?

Hey guys, I am looking at dropping the car slightly and saw the HFP suspension. I have been trying to find more information to see how drastic of a drop this would be? My fit is a daily and I don't want to Dump it or track it so coils are not necessary. I to keep my ride comfortable enough for my partner and kid, while also giving it a little aggressiveness. I saw the RS-R Superdowns and the Godspeeds that look like the kind of drop I want, but I am curious about the HFP kit. I have checked online and the only website that gives me any kind of drop info is College Hills and they say it is only a 10mm drop. So I want to see if anyone here has experience with them and can give me a better review.

Old 03-03-2021, 02:14 PM
I just had mine installed a few weeks ago.
Compared to stock, you'll love it! It feels like a go-kart, without losing the ability to daily drive it over bumpy roads, potholes etc.
At first when I installed the kit, I really thought it was too hard. After driving for 20 minutes I realized it's "just right".
They designed the kit for those who still want to use their car as a daily, so considering you want to use it for family use, you'll like it!

Only downside I have, is a slight "coil noise" from the rear when going over bumps. Not sure what causes it, but I have my car booked in next week for Honda to look at.
I thought it was the exhaust hitting the body, but it's really tight (no flex in the hangers). Anyone else experience this? - so far, I've never heard of anyone else with this issue.

If you are more interested in the aggressive "look", then go with the other options you mentioned.

Old 03-03-2021, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by BMWguy22
I just had mine installed a few weeks ago.
Compared to stock, you'll love it! It feels like a go-kart, without losing the ability to daily drive it over bumpy roads, potholes etc.
At first when I installed the kit, I really thought it was too hard. After driving for 20 minutes I realized it's "just right".
They designed the kit for those who still want to use their car as a daily, so considering you want to use it for family use, you'll like it!
Is there any sort of drop at all? or its super slight you can't really tell? I want a slightly aggressive look but also don't want to go too far down that my lips scrape on these crappy CA roads.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by chittymongorian
Is there any sort of drop at all? or its super slight you can't really tell? I want a slightly aggressive look but also don't want to go too far down that my lips scrape on these crappy CA roads.
Yep, there is. It's most noteable when looking at the rear and seeing the slight camber on the rear wheels.
The fronts show it a bit, but not as much.

Like I said above, if you want something impractical that looks cool, go with the other options you mentioned.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:37 PM
I appreciate your help. Got more answers here than on other portions of the internet!

Old 03-04-2021, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
I have a set coming in the mail.

Old 03-04-2021, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
any alignment issues up front ? . the rear camber is negative from the factory but lowering it must be affecting the toe angle somewhat .

Old 03-04-2021, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by bill bosco
any alignment issues up front ? . the rear camber is negative from the factory but lowering it must be affecting the toe angle somewhat .
Not really. The dealership did an alignment after they installed everything.

I supplied them a set of new camber bolts for the fronts, but the tech said they couldn't "lock in place" with the supplied hardware...whatever that means.
As a result, I just had them use the supplied bolts that came with the suspension kit and everything is fine (at least per the tech notes on the invoice).

BTW, for those considering this upgrade, please note that the CVT/Auto kit is different than the manual/6M version.
What exactly the differences are...I'm uncertain, but I know that Honda sells both versions which are easily installed on all GK5's, regardless of build date.

Hope this helps

Old 03-06-2021, 05:41 AM
My car has the Megan suspension. Previous owner installed it. It’s lowered and stiff as hell. Feels like to rides on rails and handles like it too. I like it. I have some pics.

Old 03-08-2021, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
The HFP suspension upgrade for the cvt is worth every penny for daily driving and having fun. You also don't swerve all over the road when it's really windy either. Perfect height for a daily driver.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by SLIPNFIT
The HFP suspension upgrade for the cvt is worth every penny for daily driving and having fun. You also don't swerve all over the road when it's really windy either. Perfect height for a daily driver.
Perfect, thanks to you and BMWguy22, I am probably going to go with this option when I have the funds available. I want a comfortable ride and better handling.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:19 PM
No worries, glad I could help.

Also, in regards to the "coil noise" I mentioned above, it seems to have slowly gone away the more I drive it.
Maybe it was just the components wearing in, but regardless, it's much better now

cheers!

Old 03-12-2021, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
is tempting , though i've sworn off lowering another car , 10mm is most likely manageable and i know a firmer suspension would go
a long way towards handling . i think the price and probably the quality beats most of the after market stuff out there

Old 03-12-2021, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by bill bosco
is tempting , though i've sworn off lowering another car , 10mm is most likely manageable and i know a firmer suspension would go
a long way towards handling . i think the price and probably the quality beats most of the after market stuff out there
I don't blame you. I was against the idea for years after hearing of others issues' clearing speed bumps and potholes etc.
In general, I did not want any of the harshness associated with "lowering" a car but just wanted to slightly extend on the already sporty steering.
The thing that made me pull the trigger on this setup, is that it's an actual "Honda" kit, with a Honda warranty.
Knowing that most of these kits will be dealership installed on cars meant for daily driving, taking the kids to school etc., means those who purchase the kit expect a certain level of versatility to be maintained - which this kit achieves.

It'll make your car feel more sporty and less like a "commuter" without any drawbacks.
From the point you open the door and enter the drivers seat, you WILL notice a difference.

After a few days behind the wheel, the cost for the upgrade will become inconsequential.

Old 03-13-2021, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CVG323
My car has the Megan suspension. Previous owner installed it. It’s lowered and stiff as hell. Feels like to rides on rails and handles like it too. I like it. I have some pics.

Megan Racing is garbage.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:56 AM
Purchased and Installed!

I just purchased a set from BuyHondaParts.com for $665 shipped.

1- They look very nice with the white struts and the red springs - noticeable when viewed from behind the vehicle.

2- I don’t see any difference vs OEM as being lowered. From looking at it with human eyes, there’s no difference. There’s still a pretty big gap between the tire and the fenders.

3- I did notice a difference vs OEM when driving over bumps - Does feel sportier! NOT a night and day difference!

4- If you like a stock height ride get these, but if you like the lowered look, I recommend RSR or the Swift route - If I had a do-over, I would have went the lowered option.

5- These weren’t worth it to me as far as looks, I bought them with the intention of keeping them on if I ever sold the car because they’re OEM.

It’s been awhile since I installed a complete suspension by myself, I almost forgot to bungee the whole Hub to prevent my axle from slipping out of the joint when removing the OEM struts. Had that happen on my Cr-Z before and definitely wasn’t fun!

Next project- Tried to order the Progress RSB with it being on back order for a month. Heard some good things about it here on the Forum. When looking at the 3 bolts that attaches to the lower spring part, The suspension currently uses one of the holes for the lower groove that the rubber sits on. I’m guessing it will not use that anymore or it just needs two connected bolts on each side? A month is a pretty long time to wait ....