3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Your Mods list.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2021 | 04:19 AM
|
Originally Posted by clorbag
how has this mount performed, its in my cart to get one. mainly focusing on maintenance before i get to mod happy.
It's 7 out of 10 if it was lil quieter it would be a 8. Good for putting the power este torque to the ground. You do notice it do it's thing. I also have the acuity gearbox bushing which doesn't really do much but adding a gear knob extender with a weighted gear knob helps shifting a lot better.

Old 08-25-2021 | 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by RD36
It's 7 out of 10 if it was lil quieter it would be a 8. Good for putting the power este torque to the ground. You do notice it do it's thing. I also have the acuity gearbox bushing which doesn't really do much but adding a gear knob extender with a weighted gear knob helps shifting a lot better.
awesome, thabk you.. would greasing it cut down on noise?

Old 08-25-2021 | 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
I've done a few "things," but nothing serious enough that I'd call them mods, necessarily...
Progress rear anti-sway bar

Heavier leather wrapped shift knb, the factory knob is so light it felt like a '70's arcade racing game toy

Tanabe Medallion Touring axleback (or whatever they call it) Car sounds a LOT better (less like a sewing machine) and still have the original muffler, which was like 1 yr old when bought it in CPO '16, so I'm good if the Tanabe ever rots, which isn't likely, we get very little snow where we live, and they don't salt the streets, just lightly spray with a brine solution....don't see cars rusting out down here as opposed to when we lived in Detroit.

Drop in K&N filters

Rubbery/plastic piece to replace where the Fit was sucking air into the airbox, kind of wedge shaped, sits at the edge of the hood and the faster you go, air gets pushed in instead of just being sucked in from in front of the radiator...bought from a member here, can't remember who at the moment or the name of the company - Sumole, or something, iirc.

Taped off the hole to the air intake resonator

Replaced the ugly stock Honda wheel covers (yes, am driving the most basic of Fits, but, hey, it has a CD player, Bluetooth, and a manual trans.....I'm good)

Manual Gearbox Preservation Society on hatch window, with the correct shift pattern ....they seem to make for, or did, anyway, for most shift patterns that have existed

But, everything is completely removable/reversible, so I don't really consider any of it mods, just stuff more to my liking. My wife's trusty ol' '10 Kia Forte SX got rear ended in June, the offender's insurance company, after presenting them with a couple of estimates, decided they would give us $7100 to keep the car and fix it - if repair was more than that -, or give us about $9000 for them to call it totaled and take the car .....estimates were around $5200 to repair, and the damage didn't look THAT bad.....to me it looked like it needed a new bumper cover, and a new trunk lid.....car was perfectly drivable as long as it wasn't raining - trunk got bowed up and had gaps on the sides so no rainy day driving.... no one was hurt, no airbag deployment, she was stopped and a nice pastor ran into her with a big Toyota truck....I was not there, I hope the jitbag got a ticket. The Forte still had some good miles left in it, I felt, but was almost 12 years old and had 160,000+ miles on it, so we took the money and ran......bought her a new HRV EX, nice car, I have to say.....but she doesn't want me doing ANYTHING to it...hahaha. And it was brand spanking new, built in June bought off the lot in July - it had less than 13 miles on it when I had test driven it, and she had test driven it the day before. Test drove it again the next day, and put a deposit down on it. She loves it, for some time she wanted something a little "higher" than my Fit and her Forte, but not too high....this is "just right" for her, she has a kind of bum knee, hates crouching to get into a car....LOL...My Fit is "just" for me (I'm a short guy) and more fun to drive than the HRV, but man, the HRV IS a nice vehicle......my fingers just don't get along with touchscreen crap.

I apologize for the long post, been in the coffee again today I love my Fit...just want to go with wider tires, am waiting for these Coopers to wear out. I recently retired, so it's not getting as many miles, but it gets driven regularly because....machines are meant to be used, not sit in a garage....and I can listen to what I wanna listen to as loud as I like and have a spirited back country twisty road just for, you know, fun...love my Fit, hope it continues to serve me as flawlessly as it has since '16

<edit> forgot the window tint, TN legal on all side/hatch windows - 35 - and 20 across the top of the windshield ( not legal).....the 20 strip looks great, makes the roofline look several inches lower due to the car being black <end edit>

Last edited by Fuelish; 08-26-2021 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-25-2021 | 02:41 PM
|
Originally Posted by clorbag
awesome, thabk you.. would greasing it cut down on noise?
Hmmm, possibly. Not sure. I didn't put grease maybe i should have lol.

Old 08-25-2021 | 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by RD36
Hmmm, possibly. Not sure. I didn't put grease maybe i should have lol.
I grease everything nowdays lol