3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

All the warning lights came on

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2019 | 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
15 days on a tank? Haha I fill up every 4 days!
It's them short trips to the office. I no longer commute on the hwy. That's why u never got the CEL on -> you keep your CAT nice and toasty!

Old 09-03-2019 | 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CommanderSlug
It's possible I also don't have any idea of what I am talking about ... but on my 2015 fit 6MT, switching to 91 made a difference.... in that power delivery was consistently good. With 87 it was a hit or miss... sometimes it felt good ... and other times lethargic ... like I suddenly lost 20 horses or something and I could never figure out why it's acting like that.

Maybe 91 burns hotter... leaner ... and keeps the cat up to temp. But one thing that I think really affects the CAT is the average RPM this motor runs at. With the CVT (now that I own it) ... the rpms are ridiculously low (i.e. usually around 2000) for my normal driving. That for sure keeps things running cooler... but again ... maybe I also don't have any idea what I am talking about.

Bottom line is ... these motors have ignition issues ... and people be getting all sorts of cels coming on .... from O2 sensors reading too lean/rich to CAT under-performance ... to misfire codes ... seems that generally speaking it's the injectors that need to be replaced. And the injectors are the only ones that get fed gas .... which makes me wonder ... better quality gas may indeed cure/prevent some of these problems. I am currently on a dealer issued mandatory shell vpower 91 diet ... and so far I am 15 days in on this "special" tank of gas ... so only thing I can say ... fingers crossed and I hope my fit does not suddenly goes into limp mode like others reported. What a lemon this GK platform.

There are a dozen possibilities here that could only be diagnosed with decent data logging. We could compare butt dyno power changes all day but none of that is usable data. Pulling timing because of knock or lack of fuel (either of these could be caused by low octane OR poor injector performance) could definitely be the cause of you losing power but we can't say which with any certainty.

Again I'd ask if your dealer put that mandatory 91 octane diet anywhere in writing. I'll be the first to start working with Honda on compensation from fraudulent advertising. When a company advertises a certain MPG, fuel type, or oil change interval they are responsible for honoring that. If you don't have it in writing, would you share the dealer that told you this?

We all bought this car being told 87 octane was OK.

Old 09-03-2019 | 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
There are a dozen possibilities here that could only be diagnosed with decent data logging. We could compare butt dyno power changes all day but none of that is usable data. Pulling timing because of knock or lack of fuel (either of these could be caused by low octane OR poor injector performance) could definitely be the cause of you losing power but we can't say which with any certainty.

Again I'd ask if your dealer put that mandatory 91 octane diet anywhere in writing. I'll be the first to start working with Honda on compensation from fraudulent advertising. When a company advertises a certain MPG, fuel type, or oil change interval they are responsible for honoring that. If you don't have it in writing, would you share the dealer that told you this?

We all bought this car being told 87 octane was OK and the vast majority of us use 87 exclusively without issues. I'm wondering if faulty injectors that are not putting out their full amount of fuel might do better with higher octane fuel because there is less fuel making it to the cylinders. Crapshoot idea. I would tell honda that if they aren't paying for your 91 octane then you are using the recommended 87 and they can replace your injectors on their dime when they fail again.

In your case since you don't drive a lot the cost is minimal but for me it's a few hundred bucks a year difference and maximizing fuel savings was the primary reason I chose this car over others.

Old 09-03-2019 | 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
This...

We all bought this car being told 87 octane was OK.

Old 09-04-2019 | 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
eagerly waiting to get that 91 octane mention, in writing. until then ... I'll take anything in relation to that with a grain of salt

Old 09-04-2019 | 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
eagerly waiting to get that 91 octane mention, in writing. until then ... I'll take anything in relation to that with a grain of salt
I'm hoping Commander can provide something. Or at least the name of the dealer or service person recommending it.

I completely didn't mean to come off as attacking his ideas on the topic I just really want data to make an informed decision. If Honda wants us to run 91 I'm fine with that but they will be hearing from my lawyer and giving me compensation options.

Old 09-04-2019 | 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
The VSA/Powersteering/Lowtire pressure + "Check Charging System" issue. So I returned to the dealership to address my issues and they have narrowed it down to the wiring harness. Only problem is my bitch as 3rd party insurance company that I have extended warranty with requires a diagnostic report of the short between the PCM and Charging system, along with a 3rd party inspector to visit the dealership and verify the failure analysis. This is something my service advisor said that Honda has NOT done (verified with Honda Engineer) and that the cost to diagnose is $1700. If they cant replicate the issue with the 3rd party inspector, im stuck with the $1700 diagnostic bill and cant get warranty coverage on the harness. The harness replacement alone is $1100. So I have 3 choices:
1) roll the dice and hope the diagnostic report pulls thru and everything is covered (- $100 deductible), if not hit with the diagnostic bill or. 2) fuck insurance and pay $1100 to Honda to replace the harness 3) live with the fuckery...

Anyone else get this far with this problem? I bought extended warranty for a reason but my insm company wants to be a bitch about it.... fuckin A.

Old 09-05-2019 | 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
And that's why I don't buy 3rd party warranties. I've read too many stories where the 3rd party has to verify the problem with their tech before paying out. Even after verifying it, they typically don't cover the repair 100% as they always find some loophole to get out of something.

I've only ever bought a factory warranty on my 4Runner. I never did end up using it and probably will never buy another factory warranty again. Instead set that money aside and self insure.

Good luck brother!

Old 01-08-2021 | 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Gringoface
Quick and final update: FUEL INJECTORS.
History of the issue:
2 months ago, all the warning lights came on - code reported a misfire in cylinder 2 = Honda dealer couldnt figure it out, there were no reports in the system of any issues, and maybe it was 'bad gas'.
Last week Tuesday, all the lights came on again, and misfire code in cylinder 2. Codes were cleared and didn't come back, vehicle was returned to me, with the comment "not sure what the deal is, but maybe the extreme heat caused an issue with the battery voltage, which can happen in extreme heat or cold."
This past Sunday (5 days later): again, all the lights came on, heat index was not extreme. - brought it in today, told them 'something is causing it to misfire, and its idling hard and I feel it while driving' - they changed the order of the coil pack, to see if the misfire continues on CYL 2 - which it did. So, they replaced the fuel injectors.

It is under warranty - so no cost to me. They also had a shuttle to bring me to work, and picked me up to get the car.
All is good, until the next issue.

2019 Honda Fit/40000miles All dashboard light ON

Old 09-16-2022 | 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Cruzin_Fit
This policy of replacing the injectors once when they first fail in 2 years and then the next time it happens having you stuck with a $1,000+ bill because they didn't actually fix the problem isn't going to fly. They better be offering extended warranties in the near future. I'll be emailing Honda asking why this isn't already happening. All of you should too.
I, too, have a 2018 Honda Fit EX. Just yesterday, I had all the lights come on which going down a mountainous road. Previously, the Emission Light was coming on. The dealership reported that they are going to replace the battery and the fuel injectors. I’m not as car know-it-all. Should I ask the dealer for a guarantee if this problem comes back? My five-year power train warranty is up Oct of 2022. Thanks, all.

Old 09-16-2022 | 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Cruzin_Fit
This policy of replacing the injectors once when they first fail in 2 years and then the next time it happens having you stuck with a $1,000+ bill because they didn't actually fix the problem isn't going to fly. They better be offering extended warranties in the near future. I'll be emailing Honda asking why this isn't already happening. All of you should too.
I, too, have a 2018 Honda Fit EX. Just yesterday, I had all the lights come on while going down a mountainous road. Previously, the Emission Light was coming on. The dealership reported that they are going to replace the battery which showed as very low, and the fuel injectors. I’m not as car know-it-all. Should I ask the dealer for a guarantee if this problem comes back? My five-year power train warranty is up Oct of 2022. Thanks, all.