3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Economical seat covers 2016 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Economical seat covers 2016 Fit

Recently bought a 2016 Fit. I thought I'd just transfer my seat covers from my old, old Toyota, then saw the "side airbag" tag on the seat and figured this was going to need something new. I just need something to ease the rub wear on the seat fabric so the seats don't give out in 5 years (the usual lifespan for my seat covers). I don't want anything vinyl or leather because it gets warm in the summer here and don't want to peel my legs off a seat. I don't need waterproof neoprene covers, nor a custom fit necessarily unless that is what it takes to get something onto the seats. Think more along the lines of practical and affordable rather than several hundred dollars for something that looks cool. Any recommendations? I just spent half an hour searching the web and things sure have changed with owning this car. It used to be I could run down to the local autoparts store and get a couple of bucket seat covers for $40. Now everything I see people talking about are $250 red and black neoprene covers. I am happy with solid grey fabric that's cool to the feel.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Have no idea, but, yeah having the side airbags in the seats complicates seatcover design, I guess. Good luck, am sure someone who knows something will chime in, dunno how "economical" the choices presented may be. Good luck

Old 08-15-2016, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Limmie
then saw the "side airbag" tag on the seat and figured this was going to need something new.
Search for sideless seat covers. I got mine for about $20 online and they're holding up well after a few months. They aren't custom fit. Can't remember the name though - they're so cheap they probably didn't even have a name.

Old 08-16-2016, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the tip. There's a couple of sideless covers but many have car logos on them (not Fit). I found a set of Eurow covers on Amazon for $30 and ordered those.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:51 PM
Lot's of good reviews for the Eurow's and $30 is a good price. Let us know how they work out for you.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
Eurow seat covers arrived yesterday. For $30 they aren't too bad. The center area is a mesh fabric with the sides being faux leather. It took me about 45 minutes to install them because you have to be a bit creative with the anchoring straps.

Seat bottoms fit well. Don't need to use front anchor straps.

Back bottom side straps I ran under back of seat bottom through the two straps hanging from the back anchor tab. You are supposed to also anchor the tab using hooks attached to the straps but the original seat covers on our Fit cover any attachment points under the seat. I think as long as you don't jerk forward in your seat the covers will stay in place.

There's two straps attaching the cover to the headrest.

The side middle straps are an issue because I am concerned about having anything going around the airbag side of the seat. I ended up using them but pushing it up as far as I could on the airbag side so it lies diagonally across the back of the seat and only covers the top inch or so of the airbag area.

On the driver's side I tucked the bottom side under the seat adjustment levers but on the passenger side the seatbelt attachment is different and I covered the adjustment lever. You can still left it under the fabric.

If you are sitting in the back seat you can see the inside of the seat cover in the headrest area and it isn't particularly finished there.

The anchor straps are all elastic and not otherwise adjustable. I can see the elastic giving out in 4 or 5 years and you might have to cut the straps and tie them together or figure out alternative adjustment. Still, for $30...

I also notice the headrest covering is wider than the actual headrest and when I was driving it would obscure a bit of the rearview as well as peripheral view of cars on the left if you are in the habit of double checking with a quick glance over your left shoulder. I tried tucking the excess under a bit but it wasn't holding all that well and I may have to resort to fastening it somehow.

Last edited by Limmie; 08-28-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
How are your Eurow seat covers holding up BenQuick?

Old 10-10-2019, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
I think if you just want something generic, and relatively cheap, those seat covers can still be found at your local Wally World retailers.
As far as side airbag compatibility, look at the box of whatever covers you buy. Most today proclaim to be side airbag compatible. The side stitching designed to break away if the airbags are employed.
Several years ago, for my now gone 2010 Honda Fit, I bought some generic bucket front seat covers "neoprene" at Costco. I'm sure they were less than $40. Maybe even less. They looked OK. Infact pretty good. You had to look pretty close to realize in some places the fit wasn't perfect.
I haven't looked recently, but I have been down the auto aisle at my local "Wally World" and I still see quite a selection of boxed generic covers.

With my 2016?
I've just decided to not do anything. I'll think about covers, when the wear become something that bothers me.
3+ years and I would say the upholstery is wearing great. Things still look good. If I reach a point where that isn't true THEN I'll buy covers.

Last edited by fitchet; 10-10-2019 at 02:52 PM.