3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

***buddyclub prototype gk exhaust***

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
***buddyclub prototype gk exhaust***

please follow link!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1282879

Cheers

Old 12-18-2014, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
Good luck! I hope your thread(s) gain some interest and support. I'll be watching to see how this all pans out.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Good luck! I hope your thread(s) gain some interest and support. I'll be watching to see how this all pans out.
Thanks Myxalplyx! Since you are def one of the hardcore GK guys, how would the perfect [axle back] exhaust look/sound like?

Old 12-20-2014, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ghettoboy247
Thanks Myxalplyx! Since you are def one of the hardcore GK guys, how would the perfect [axle back] exhaust look/sound like?
You wouldn't want to ask me. I'm getting old! I'd say a subtle looking dark pipe that you can barely hear while sipping on my prune juice. But who'd want that?
On the more realistic side, a deep bass like sounding exhaust is something I'd love. No high pitch, drone-like, whining coffee can sounds. Just beware that just like the older Fits, that muffler/resonator better be serious before removing/replacing your cats. Removing that piece will let you know really quick just how much your muffler/resonator is capable of handling.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 12-20-2014 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member
You wouldn't want to ask me. I'm getting old! I'd say a subtle looking dark pipe that you can barely hear while sipping on my prune juice. But who'd want that?
On the more realistic side, a deep bass like sounding exhaust is something I'd love. No high pitch, drone-like, whining coffee can sounds. Just beware that just like the older Fits, that muffler/resonator better be serious before removing/replacing your cats. Removing that piece will let you know really quick just how much your muffler/resonator is capable of handling.
@Myxalplyx: age is SO overrated and of COURSE I'd wana ask you since you are a true auto enthusiast and FIT GK aficionado! I just wish other people would realize that they have a direct line of communication with a reputable company that is willing to listen to them and produce almost exactly what we want!!!

Your desire for deep bass suffice the usual droning and high-pitched buzzing is understandable and usually common among the usual canister type of exhausts. Ironically, when i was running a full race setup (Mugen/Buddyclub header/downpipe and full Spec II exhaust w/ racing cat and racing resonator) so many people thought i was K-Swapped due to the musky VIBRATO that roared from lil single slammer, especially when "VTEC KICKED IN YO!"

Driving around in the GK with 4 different types of exhaust, i think you'd be surprised at the audible (and technical power) results but unless you're a sound engineer (or know of one) that can repair the audio sound bites from our first batch of recordings, you're gona have to wait until the prototypes come back so we can re-record!

So when are we having a Prune Juice Cocktail Fit Meet?

Old 12-20-2014, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
also, since there's more action happening on the other thread...

Originally Posted by stembridge
Do you have any pics of the prototype exhaust? What does your single tip look like (I don't care for the 'blued' look, personally, although it seems to be popular these days)? How feasible would it be for me to weld my own tips on (measurement-wise)? Something along these lines:

es
to be honest, i'm a fan of the twin tip as well but in order to have twin tip that wasn't sticking out too much, you'd have to go with something like this;

Originally Posted by GetFit15
I'm with you, this style tip is a lot better than the big 4" canister, and/or blued tip. I'd be interested in an axle back with this style tip.
I understand where you are coming from too, however, we need other people to actually want to buy this style for it to go through production! Here are some rough prototypes that were mainly used for piping measurements, flange/hanger positions, and muffler location.

ProSpec Type Exhaust Prototype

ST Type Exhaust Prototype

We are already deciding to reduce the ProSpec tip and are still up in the air with the ST type exhaust but that was my own little spin on the tip and angle

I'd sand and polish the tip but the pieces are already packed up and in transit to the factory for prototyping! Unfortunately, the sound clips did NOT work out due to mic issues so we'll have to wait until we get the next batch of prototypes to re-record the sound bites-unless someone (sound engineers?) would like to volunteer to attempt to repair the audio on the clips? What i can say is that the ST exhaust with the tip facing down greatly reduced sound unless you were WOT and both exhaust had minimal if any droning! During highway speeds and cruise control, you couldn't even tell u had an aftermarket exhaust with the ST unless u stepped on the gas! We'll try to record decibel levels next round as well

Once again, the ST exhaust would be the one that we can utilize the twin tip with since the actual muffler is placed up into the rear cavity vs the traditional ProSpec exhaust. Anyone else care to chime in with any questions, comment, or concerns?

Old 12-20-2014, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
You wouldn't want to ask me. I'm getting old! I'd say a subtle looking dark pipe that you can barely hear while sipping on my prune juice.
As I'm on the north end of 50 myself, perhaps we should start a "Fit Geriatrics" thread?

Problem is, I don't like prune juice!

es

Old 12-28-2014, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice looking setup! However, the cricket sounds from this thread is deafening. Not sure how you are going to get more support.

What is the ideal exhaust diameter for these Fits anyways? 2", 2.25", 2.5" or 3"? I know it depends on your mods but typically people will probably still have their stock cats with just the exhaust work being done (No intakes as of yet).

Old 02-20-2015, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
The st exhaust I would b all over if it came out